Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUU GDT

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Sumner getting hurt last year really helped Lujan develop and helped this year's team tremendously.
    Plus you factor in that Lujan wasn't completely healthy last year either, and he seems to be even better after off-season surgery.

Comment

Finally somebody giving the O line some love! They were amazing tonight. They gave Lujan time to throw, they opened big holes for running backs and that wild cat with Langer in the back field was unstoppable in short yardage situations.

This is not intended to be smack because I know everyone cannot make it to every game. But, buy a ticket and come watch these kids don't rely on these video broad casts- I think this team has the makings of a special team.

Wesley does some nice things blocking and opening the field. Those catch's tonight will certainly help his confidence.

Good win and GBGBGJ

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      The Jacks looked really good during the three quarters I saw via the feed. The O-line was terrific. Has anyone stopped the direct snap formation with Langer and the other DT in to block? That thing really works. And Langer, as it turns out, is a terrific lead blocker.

This team is very fun to watch.

Comment

The Red Sea parting for Wallace's stroll to EZ was phenomenal. Lujan, for the most part had all day in the pocket. Some of the interior runs were shut down, mainly early, and SUU stopped the sweeps pretty well, but for the most part, O-line play has been GREAT.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          The Red Sea parting for Wallace's stroll to EZ was phenomenal. Lujan, for the most part had all day in the pocket. Some of the interior runs were shut down, mainly early, and SUU stopped the sweeps pretty well, but for the most part, O-line play has been GREAT.
          Heard the term "crash" this morning which is a herd of rhinos. Great description for our o line!

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            Finally somebody giving the O line some love! They were amazing tonight. They gave Lujan time to throw, they opened big holes for running backs and that wild cat with Langer in the back field was unstoppable in short yardage situations.

This is not intended to be smack because I know everyone cannot make it to every game. But, buy a ticket and come watch these kids don't rely on these video broad casts- I think this team has the makings of a special team.
            Good point about the protection. There were some issues in that first quarter but then it became a mis-match (like the entire game).

I would have loved to be there yesterday but the wife is working overnight shifts this weekend and that leaves me alone with a toddler. The little one is not quite ready to sit through a three hour game! One thing I did right after the game is go online and buy a couple tickets for the Illinois State game. I don't get many fall weekends free (moonlighting as a hunting guide) but this year it works out for that one and the NDSU game. There are lots of good seats available for most upcoming games, I picked up a couple of aisle seats in the ninth row on the 40 yard line for that ISU game. You can't beat that.

Speaking of NDSU and ISU-R, along with the Jacks they currently make up the the #1, #2 (SDSU), and #3 spots in the FCS Sagarin rankings. I expect we'll rise in the regular polls as well.

Comment

SDSU "hammers" SUU. The perspective from The Spectrum, a Gannett newspaper in southern Utah.
              http://www.thespectrum.com/story/spo...utah/72190352/
              Also, what now for the T-Birds?
              http://www.thespectrum.com/story/spo...irds/72193234/
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Post-game Stig talked a lot about the O-Line and complimented the tight ends, who are also key to the blocking scheme. Having a good running game is the best way to play defense against these crazy up-temp offices...One thing he said was Jacks need to get better D-pressure on the pass rush and said the relative lack of experience of the D-ends should not be an excuse. This team may be one dominant pass rusher away from greatness - discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  This is a good post. A lot of fans expect a WR to catch everything they get their hands on.

I listened to the radio broadcast yesterday and a couple time Tyler describe a drop by Wesley. He talked about the catch being very difficult because it wasn't a great throw. You come on here and read the thread and you'd think he dropped one standing all alone looking at the QB with the ball hitting him in the numbers.

The truth is pry somewhere in the middle. Both Wesley and Lujan can do better.
                  The drop I am thinking of was more then catchable. A WR needs to be able to catch the ball even if it isn't a perfect throw. Sure there are some that increase the difficulty of the catch. Maybe seeing a replay might change my mind but at the game not far from us looked like the throw was ok.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    meanwhile, back to the game... anyone in attendance, your observations would be greatly appreciated...
                    Let's hope the concessions get a huge upgrade in the new stadium. The lines were amazingly long and slow the whole game. I missed a bunch of the 2nd quarter because my son "needed" some popcorn. However, while I was in line, I talked to a lady that said she was visiting SDSU with her son, who is a lineman from Hinton, IA. Sounds like he is looking at SDSU, NDSU, and Mankato State. I'm not up on the recruits, so I'm not sure if he has an offer from us or not, I assume he does. She said that they were very impressed with everything at SDSU and were very pleased with the coaches at SDSU. I made sure to let her know how great of a time I had at SDSU. It was cool to hear how excited she and her son was about their visit.

Comment

• Re: SUU GDT

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Let's hope the concessions get a huge upgrade in the new stadium. The lines were amazingly long and slow the whole game. I missed a bunch of the 2nd quarter because my son "needed" some popcorn. However, while I was in line, I talked to a lady that said she was visiting SDSU with her son, who is a lineman from Hinton, IA. Sounds like he is looking at SDSU, NDSU, and Mankato State. I'm not up on the recruits, so I'm not sure if he has an offer from us or not, I assume he does. She said that they were very impressed with everything at SDSU and were very pleased with the coaches at SDSU. I made sure to let her know how great of a time I had at SDSU. It was cool to hear how excited she and her son was about their visit.

I did a little search. I'm pretty sure this is him.

http://www.lemarssentinel.com/story/2229984.html
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

What side were you on? I noticed the lines on the west side there were long so I headed to the east side to check things out at halftime and there weren't any lines and my son got some ice cream really quick. It had the feel of a real stadium over there. I though the entire atmosphere of the day was great. A big crowd as always in the backyard but even more tailgating in all the lots around stadium made it feel like a big time college football game. Students were really good in first half but scattered at half time. Overall GAMEDAY feels like an event now and we look to have a really good football team. Big test will be in three weeks and that game should something we have never seen in CAS before. Going to be hard to wait two weeks for the beef bowl.

Comment

You don't even want to know how long my dad waited in line for a nicks burger!

Let's hope the concessions get a huge upgrade in the new stadium. The lines were amazingly long and slow the whole game. I missed a bunch of the 2nd quarter.....
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

You should have walked over to the east side concessions, no lines!
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I checked out the east-side concession stands at half time, too. The lines there were one person deep, at most. When I went back to the west side to my seats, I told a few people at the end of the west-side concession lines, which were about 20 people deep, to go over to the east side, but I don't think they did. I suspect they stood there a long time and missed part of the third quarter. I was back in my seat several minutes before the game restarted.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Did the east side have the same food options as the west? I walked over there and didn't see nachos or walking tacos, but could have missed them.

I hope they get concessions running properly. After waiting in line for 20+ minutes, I had "jacked" nachos with about one spoonful of cheese and one spoonful of beef. Won't be having that again.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X