Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southern Utah - avoid the trap

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Still, worried about a trap letdown.... a loss would undo all the great early benefits of that KU win.
    Very few people consider or take into account the "mental" side of the equation. It would be natural to have somewhat of a letdown, but I don't think it's likely for two reasons. The first is this is your home opener. Kids love playing in front of the friendliest the first time. Secondly, until I see different, I think you have a squad that is capable at making a run for the whole enchilada. That team I watched in Lawrence is awfully good.

Not that anyone gives two pinches of crap what I think, but my money is on the Jacks by more than 14. Could be more than that. The first half of the game at Kansas, you played as good as any team could at the FCS level. I don't think you will go undefeated in the MVC, but I don't think anyone will. SDSU,NDSU,YSU,SIU,ISU (red), and UNI are damn near equal.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Are we anywhere near 11,000 sold?
      There are still over 4,500 tickets available according to the ticket site. The rest are sold or student sections. If the stadium seats 17,000 but 3,500 are band and student tickets I would guess we have sold around 9,000.

Comment

You know what Admiral Ackbar has to say about this game....trap.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          Very few people consider or take into account the "mental" side of the equation. It would be natural to have somewhat of a letdown, but I don't think it's likely for two reasons. The first is this is your home opener. Kids love playing in front of the friendliest the first time. Secondly, until I see different, I think you have a squad that is capable at making a run for the whole enchilada. That team I watched in Lawrence is awfully good.

Not that anyone gives two pinches of crap what I think, but my money is on the Jacks by more than 14. Could be more than that. The first half of the game at Kansas, you played as good as any team could at the FCS level. I don't think you will go undefeated in the MVC, but I don't think anyone will. SDSU,NDSU,YSU,SIU,ISU (red), and UNI are damn near equal.
          Contrary to others, I give many pinches of crap to read what you think. You know how the game is played and granted some things have probably changed since you were on the field. A good report and I think we should have a good season and I am not into total wins but looks good this year. I like our game plans put together by the coaching staff. I think Stig has a good bunch who can work together and that's a big part of the battle. Parity in the MVFC? You bet and that's what makes it very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
            Stig said on the radio show last night that Mangarelli is hurt and probably won't play Sat. Didn't say what the injury was, just said that Have plenty of RB's and Gandy will play much more. I thought in Kansas it was just leg cramps but apparently more. He was pretty dynamic when he was on the field. Just need to get him healthy for the Bison.
            Sucks about Mangarelli, thought he played well against KS. I don't recall Gandy playing at all in the 1st game.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              Sucks about Mangarelli, thought he played well against KS. I don't recall Gandy playing at all in the 1st game.
              He did play.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                He did play.
                not at running back.

Comment

I talked to Isaac Wallace today, and he said that it was a problem with Brady's AC joint. Isaac thinks he will be able to play, but you never know. If he ends up playing, I'm sure he will get pulled earlier than usual if we jump out to a lead.
                  "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Brady has been cleared to play by the medical staff, but I'm not sure the coaches are ready to let him play this Saturday. Besides Gandy (behind Wallace) another RB who has been coming on strong is Kyle Paris, 6-1, 200 pound junior from Aliso Viejo, California. If Mengarelli does not play, we may see Paris in on some plays.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      not at running back.
                      You are correct, he never got in the game according to to rushing stats at GoJacks.com. That's weird, I do believe we have depth at RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Brady has been cleared to play by the medical staff, but I'm not sure the coaches are ready to let him play this Saturday. Besides Gandy (behind Wallace) another RB who has been coming on strong is Kyle Paris, 6-1, 200 pound junior from Aliso Viejo, California. If Mengarelli does not play, we may see Paris in on some plays.
                        It's nice to have some options at RB. Paris got some pt in Kansas on a few plays but never got the play, more used as a blocker but the coaches do seem to like what he has been doing this year in practice.

Comment

Is this game on ESPN3?
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...irds/71980422/
                            Update by Zimmer on the Thunderbirds
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              Is this game on ESPN3?
                              A link to
                              a livestream of the game will be available on suutbirds.com. The game will be
                              broadcast locally on KSUB 590 in Cedar City and online ksub590.com. Updates can
                              be found on Twitter by following the handle @SUUThunderbirds.
                              I did not see it on the ESPN3 schedule.
                              Last edited by OldHare; 09-10-2015, 09:09 AM. Reason: spelling by suu.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think its on Midco.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X