Southern Utah - avoid the trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Utah - avoid the trap

Southern Utah played a good Utah State program tough on the road yesterday. Jacks handled them well last year in Utah and SUU went just 3-9, but they came on at the end of the year and led at halftime yesterday. This could be a letdown game but the first one at home in the half-new stadium and (one would hope) a big opening day crowd should negate that possibility, no?

Re: Southern Utah - avoid the trap

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Southern Utah played a good Utah State program tough on the road yesterday. Jacks handled them well last year in Utah and SUU went just 3-9, but they came on at the end of the year and led at halftime yesterday. This could be a letdown game but the first one at home in the half-new stadium and (one would hope) a big opening day crowd should negate that possibility, no?
    I really thought our Coaching staff did a good game plan and worked to its fullest in the first half exploiting defensive weakness. KU news has mention half time adjustments as part of their second half come back. So our coaches were well prepared and will be when we play again Saturday. The only possibly failure would come from a state of funk by the entire team, which to me seems unlikely.

Comment

If the weather is decent, the half-done stadium should be nearly full, and the team should be confident and enthused after beating Kansas.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        If the weather is decent, the half-done stadium should be nearly full, and the team should be confident and enthused after beating Kansas.
        Was getting our tickets for the opener and seems a lot of seats available. Hopefully that changes this week.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

SUU defense is good. We need to score points right away and get them on their heels. They were solid last year on defense. This could be a low scoring game if the Jacks can play defense against a good passing QB. Special teams will decide this one.

Comment

Hopefully the Jacks will get to celebrate like this in the end zone many times on Saturday night ! http://www.globalnews.ca/news/220753...en-eskimos-and stampeders/

Comment

The only stat of significance in the Utah St. vs. Southern Utah game... S. Utah's punter punted 15 times for 661 yards. haha

Zimmer said today that he had watched the game and that it was super fluky and that it wasn't as close as the score had indicated.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                The only stat of significance in the Utah St. vs. Southern Utah game... S. Utah's punter punted 15 times for 661 yards. haha

Zimmer said today that he had watched the game and that it was super fluky and that it wasn't as close as the score had indicated.
                Still, worried about a trap letdown.... a loss would undo all the great early benefits of that KU win.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

That's crazy. The record for most punts in a FCS game is 16. In a FBS game is 36

Comment

I swear that I posted this already, but since I don't see it...

5dimes has SDSU favored by 20 points this weekend. Feels like a lot, probably inflated by the FBS win.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Was getting our tickets for the opener and seems a lot of seats available. Hopefully that changes this week.
                      Hopefully a big walk-up crowd.Not expecting a sellout, but hopefully North of 14,000!

Comment

Stig said on the radio show last night that Mangarelli is hurt and probably won't play Sat. Didn't say what the injury was, just said that Have plenty of RB's and Gandy will play much more. I thought in Kansas it was just leg cramps but apparently more. He was pretty dynamic when he was on the field. Just need to get him healthy for the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Hopefully a big walk-up crowd.Not expecting a sellout, but hopefully North of 14,000!
                          Witj how many tickets were available that would be a pleasant surprise to me. Maybe there was just much more then I was expecting for a home opener. with half of a new stadium to see and a team coming off an fbs win.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Witj how many tickets were available that would be a pleasant surprise to me. Maybe there was just much more then I was expecting for a home opener. with half of a new stadium to see and a team coming off an fbs win.
                            You have to remember that 3000 students will show up. Only 11000 tickets need to be sold to achieve 14000.
                            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                              You have to remember that 3000 students will show up. Only 11000 tickets need to be sold to achieve 14000.
                              Are we anywhere near 11,000 sold?

Comment

Working...
                              X