Fall Camp 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fall Camp 2015

Watched some practice today. My untrained observations: Taryn throws a great ball, lujan looks like he's improved that skill too. Wallace has filled out and looks great with the ball. The wr's were a little underwhelming. Lb's are fast, dt's are huge and will eat up the middle. Need a pass rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      Watched some practice today. My untrained observations: Taryn throws a great ball, lujan looks like he's improved that skill too. Wallace has filled out and looks great with the ball. The wr's were a little underwhelming. Lb's are fast, dt's are huge and will eat up the middle. Need a pass rush.
      Thanks, I'm a little disappointed about the wide receivers. Does this give Marquise Lewis a shot at playing?
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Speaking of WR, has anybody heard anything about how Alex Wilde is doing? He's got all the tools, just haven't heard his named mentioned anywhere.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I'd say Lewis and Wilde will redshirt. Not that the group was horrible but there was what looked like boredom. Now could that be the product of midday 95 degree heat and humidity? Sure, but other groups looked far more sharp. I believe it'll be weineke and Wesley starting with Andrews, Raymond, jones and landberg in the mix. Could also see hunt slip in to the rotation.

Comment

Is Cam Jones close to 100%, or is last season about as good as it's going to get for him. I realize he isn't a WR but if he could get back to what he was early in his career it would take some pressure off the WRs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Is Cam Jones close to 100%, or is last season about as good as it's going to get for him. I realize he isn't a WR but if he could get back to what he was early in his career it would take some pressure off the WRs.
              He is now at 100%.
              http://youtu.be/9TwpVhbIUyU

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                He is now at 100%.
                http://youtu.be/9TwpVhbIUyU
                Along with that the TE's as a whole are a strength. Should prove vital to a ball control offense and the QB. With D being a strength I'd think 17-20 points should win most games.

Comment

Looks like the roster has been updated on GoJacks.com.

Things that stood out to me:

Dallas Brown was listed as a DB and Mikiah Slade was listed as a linebacker, but if you click on their profiles their season outlook says LB and DB, respectively.

Alex Wilde is listed at 6'3", but I thought he was taller than that.

Clark Wieneke looks like he is going to audition for a role in The Three Musketeers.

Also, it's sad to see Trey Carr not on the roster anymore. Kid could play.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Dallas Brown was listed as a DB and Mikiah Slade was listed as a linebacker, but if you click on their profiles their season outlook says LB and DB, respectively.

Clark Wieneke looks like he is going to audition for a role in The Three Musketeers.

I have seen videos of Makiah Slade practicing with the safeties. I do believe that Dallas is still a linebacker as well. Must be a typo.
                    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Slade and Brown have worked from what I saw with both, perhaps a hybrid type position. Wilde is 6'3", there is another BV kid, a junior this year I think. He's 6'5" or better. Good wr from what I remember at the Brookings game last year.

another note, Butler cut off his hair. Landberg did not.

Comment

The D gave up an average of 25 points per game last year and have eight starters back plus some key reserves from last year. If the team doesnt get more pressure and sacks, expect the same outcome. If the philosophy is to play off the LOS like the past, expect the same results. The D can be a strength but must play better than last year against good opponents. The MVC is strong and similar to last year so it will be a huge challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                          The D gave up an average of 25 points per game last year and have eight starters back plus some key reserves from last year. If the team doesnt get more pressure and sacks, expect the same outcome. If the philosophy is to play off the LOS like the past, expect the same results. The D can be a strength but must play better than last year against good opponents. The MVC is strong and similar to last year so it will be a huge challenge.
                          Agree with this completely. Everythings easier for everyone on defense when pressure is applied. That said, I think we'll improve a little over last year from experience mainly,....how much?

Comment

I was surprised to read that Banasiak is penciled in as one of the starters at DE. Must have had a good spring session and good fall camp so far. Anyone got any more insight on him that has seen practices?

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                              I was surprised to read that Banasiak is penciled in as one of the starters at DE. Must have had a good spring session and good fall camp so far. Anyone got any more insight on him that has seen practices?
                              He looks pretty athletic, Kern missed out on most of spring ball reps because of class time conflict allowing Christian the edge for right now. Should be fun watching these guys compete over the next couple weeks with the need for a pass rusher. Some stated earlier the d line wasn't getting much of a pass rush however I watched the scrimmage Saturday and saw Christian had easily one sack and Kern had 2 possibly 3 (however they aren't allowed to hit the qb and the qb typically is allowed to escape and throw) if you aren't watching closely you just think they aren't getting there..

Comment

Zim had an article with TC in the Argus, looks like ones also for USF and Augie. Hopefully they are paying Zim for all the work he is having to cover. not really fair for him or the 3 fan bases. This time of year there can be a lot of great coverage that I fear all the schools are going to miss out on since 1 guy is covering 3 beats.

It was a good Q and A with TC. Sounds like he is just taking it with the approach to get better every day and learn as much as he can. not really worried about trying to win the starting job. Probably good to not pressure himself anymore. Sort of at the its just a lot to take in stage, which is to be expected.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X