Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp 2015

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    Per Matt Zimmer article on the o-line, Nick Carr and Mike Shoff are out for the season. This makes me wonder if we will ever see Shoff on the field again.
    Damn, damn, damn....
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Any word on what sort of injury is keeping Carr and Shoff out all year?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        Per Matt Zimmer article on the o-line, Nick Carr and Mike Shoff are out for the season. This makes me wonder if we will ever see Shoff on the field again.
        I honestly thought this was known since the spring game. Stig basically said this much during his on air broadcast with Tyler during the game.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Knee surgery for Carr and he is not ready. Shoff is knee(s) and probably is done with football

Comment

Nice photos Westside - the stadium is looking good. Would you mind also becoming the beat writer for the Argus?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    Nice photos Westside - the stadium is looking good. Would you mind also becoming the beat writer for the Argus?
                    I second this. I like the full-size photos. Rep points if I could......

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      Thanks. Unfortunately, I like my current occupation! It's been fun to see the progress this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        I agree, its not worth wasting a year of his to just use him, if its a tie, or close, give it to Lujan who wasnt really that bad. he made good reads usually. just not the prettiest pass, but in general gave the reciever a good chance to catch the ball. If he clearly earns it, thats great, but if he doesnt do as well, its going to be tough watching him struggle his freshman year when he doesnt have too. Remember he barely played as a senior due to injury, so going from a afew games his freshman year to playing in the MVFC is a big jump. There is something to be said for having that experience Lujan has.
                        I see all of your points, but consider this. Lujan is only a Junior. Say that they decide to redshirt Christion this year. What happens next year? Assuming Lujan has a decent year, there's no way you sit him to play a Freshman, is there? If not, you end up wasting a year of Christion's eligibility. Also consider the fact that Weineke looks like he has the potential to be an all time great WR. Do we want to go with ho-hum Lujan when we could be pairing him with a dual threat QB who is likely more talented? I think that having Zenner enabled Lujan to thrive while defenses stacked the box. I predict that he wouldn't see the same production and success without Zenner. I fully realize that I have nothing to base Christion's potential success on, but I believe that he gives us a better chance to succeed than Lujan. I think that his athleticism and instincts can make up for his lack of experience. Learning the playbook will not be an issue, not sure why people keep harping on that. Freshman QBs come into programs with much success using a playbook that is likely more complex than that of SDSU'S.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          I see all of your points, but consider this. Lujan is only a Junior. Say that they decide to redshirt Christion this year. What happens next year? Assuming Lujan has a decent year, there's no way you sit him to play a Freshman, is there? If not, you end up wasting a year of Christion's eligibility. Also consider the fact that Weineke looks like he has the potential to be an all time great WR. Do we want to go with ho-hum Lujan when we could be pairing him with a dual threat QB who is likely more talented? I think that having Zenner enabled Lujan to thrive while defenses stacked the box. I predict that he wouldn't see the same production and success without Zenner. I fully realize that I have nothing to base Christion's potential success on, but I believe that he gives us a better chance to succeed than Lujan. I think that his athleticism and instincts can make up for his lack of experience. Learning the playbook will not be an issue, not sure why people keep harping on that. Freshman QBs come into programs with much success using a playbook that is likely more complex than that of SDSU'S.
                          I think its always good to have a capable backup. I think Christion will get plenty of chances to shine and he will.

Comment

I'm sure someone can correct me, I could swear that Stig said Taryn would not redshirt and that he was likely to see some playing time as a freshman.

Also, Sumner didn't redshirt did he?

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            Not that my opinion matters, but the only way Taryn should start is if he is too damn good not to be on the field right away. Otherwise redshirt him. The MVFC is no place for a true freshman QB to get his feet wet. If Lujan isn't the answer a few games in, go with Finnes or Douglas or (Little?). No reason pulling a redshirt and wasting a year of eligibility part way thru the season.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                              I'm sure someone can correct me, I could swear that Stig said Taryn would not redshirt and that he was likely to see some playing time as a freshman.

Also, Sumner didn't redshirt did he?
                              Sumner redshirted the 2010 season.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Sumner didn't immediately start as a redshirt freshman, either. He was thrust into the starting role after the season began because Thomas O'Brien quit the team. The Jacks finished 5-6 that year.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X