Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp 2015

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    First day of padded practice for the Jacks and nothing to report per Zim. Glad we know about the Twins instead of covering SDSU football. All other MVC teams have daily football news. Argus Leader, please get a reporter to cover Jacks football or take "Leader" off your name.
    welcome to the world of being snubbed

Comment

If there is nothing to report, there's nothing to report. Zimmer is still covering USF, Augie, and other things as well. He also has a personal/social life. Give the guy a break until he has 1 beat to cover. All this talk about lack of coverage is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        If there is nothing to report, there's nothing to report. Zimmer is still covering USF, Augie, and other things as well. He also has a personal/social life. Give the guy a break until he has 1 beat to cover. All this talk about lack of coverage is getting old.
        All this lack of coverage is getting old too!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          All this lack of coverage is getting old too!
          He's had position breakdowns for every position group throughout the last 2 weeks (including Augie and USF, too, btw), an article from the first day of practice including an interview with the likely starting QB, video of from the first day of camp that showcased throwing drills from the quarterbacks among other things.

What else are we looking for here?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            He's had position breakdowns for every position group throughout the last 2 weeks (including Augie and USF, too, btw), an article from the first day of practice including an interview with the likely starting QB, video of from the first day of camp that showcased throwing drills from the quarterbacks among other things.

What else are we looking for here?
            Is it to much to ask for Zimmer, the lazy ass, to just room up with a player and give us details on how much sleep they got the night before, how many times they took a leak, and what they ate before and after practice?

MOR DETAIRS PREASE!!!
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Filling the hole in the sports reporting staff obviously and unfortunately has not been a priority for the Argus Leader. How's the football coverage in the Brookings Register? Maybe that's an option for fans.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Filling the hole in the sports reporting staff obviously and unfortunately has not been a priority for the Argus Leader. How's the football coverage in the Brookings Register? Maybe that's an option for fans.
                The Argus provides more coverage.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Lets compare the coverage from the Argus to the Fargo Forum on their coverage of the Bison, it is not even close.

http://www.inforum.com/taxonomy/term/166543

Yes I know the Forum is dedicated to the Bison & they don't split coverage like the Argus, but the Jacks are far and away the most successful team on the highest level with the most alumni, we get approx the same coverage as USF and Augie. There is demand for coverage, I would hope someone figures this out. I am surprised someone hasn't gone independent for coverage yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                    Lets compare the coverage from the Argus to the Fargo Forum on their coverage of the Bison, it is not even close.

http://www.inforum.com/taxonomy/term/166543

Yes I know the Forum is dedicated to the Bison & they don't split coverage like the Argus, but the Jacks are far and away the most successful team on the highest level with the most alumni, we get approx the same coverage as USF and Augie. There is demand for coverage, I would hope someone figures this out. I am surprised someone hasn't gone independent for coverage yet.
                    But the Argus had position breakdowns that were about as in-depth as a 4th grade book report. That's not good enough?
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      But the Argus had position breakdowns that were about as in-depth as a 4th grade book report. That's not good enough?
                      Not only was it not in depth (one paragraph per team basically) it was also incomplete and inaccurate. O-line showed Ramsey listed in depth and he is a D-lineman and D-line neglected to mention Christian Bansiak (sp?) as being on the roster..

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        The Register is operating on a very limiting bases. They can not afford a beat writer with talent and experience. A bunch of SDSU students have cut their teeth at the Register and moved on to bigger and better stuff.

Comment

I dont think anyone is really blaming Zimmer but more so the Argus. They havent hired as anyone knows as of yet a new reporter to cover SDSU or Zims old beats. Maybe some dont really like Zimmers style, but Terry had his weekly chat, and tuesday tidbits to help fill in the articles. I havent really followed Zimmers on line chat assuming he is still doing those since they had more Augie and USF stuff then i cared to read about for the time being.

On a side note, has anyone stopped my practice to check stuff out on their own? I know some years fans would stop in for a few practices to report back.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            I dont think anyone is really blaming Zimmer but more so the Argus. They havent hired as anyone knows as of yet a new reporter to cover SDSU or Zims old beats. Maybe some dont really like Zimmers style, but Terry had his weekly chat, and tuesday tidbits to help fill in the articles. I havent really followed Zimmers on line chat assuming he is still doing those since they had more Augie and USF stuff then i cared to read about for the time being.

On a side note, has anyone stopped my practice to check stuff out on their own? I know some years fans would stop in for a few practices to report back.

Much agree.

This is not a Zimmer problem. This is an Argus-Leader problem.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Does the Argus care? I have sent them an e-mail, with no response to the lack of coverage. Once again, this is not a Zim problem and I let them know I don't have a problem with him, he is covering multiple teams.
                              Here is a question, will anyone even travel with the team like TV did? I would bet no.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YAL...ature=youtu.be
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X