Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp 2015

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Sumner didn't immediately start as a redshirt freshman, either. He was thrust into the starting role after the season began because Thomas O'Brien quit the team. The Jacks finished 5-6 that year.
    And if TOB hadn't quit, who knows if he would have played at all that year. (Unless I'm remembering incorrectly and TOB quit because of Sumner.)

I have no idea who the best answer at quarterback is, but I really hope we don't play Lujan solely because he has seniority and was here last year.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Sumner didn't immediately start as a redshirt freshman, either. He was thrust into the starting role after the season began because Thomas O'Brien quit the team. The Jacks finished 5-6 that year.
      I seem to remember TOB getting the nod on experience. My 2 cents, if they're even at the end of camp start TC. Upside is far greater, he should only get better. Put the best players on the field. I think philosophies have switched to this. I don't think we'll ever see a T Kool/Z Zenner scenario again. Put in the best players for the team. That should ensure the best product and outcome. Again my 2 cents, this info and $1 will get you 2 hotdogs at bozeids today(wiener Wednesday) 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        I seem to remember TOB getting the nod on experience. My 2 cents, if they're even at the end of camp start TC. Upside is far greater, he should only get better. Put the best players on the field. I think philosophies have switched to this. I don't think we'll ever see a T Kool/Z Zenner scenario again. Put in the best players for the team. That should ensure the best product and outcome. Again my 2 cents, this info and $1 will get you 2 hotdogs at bozeids today(wiener Wednesday) ��
        Oh great wiener Wednesday, its becoming a tradition.

Comment

I seem to remember TOB getting the nod on experience. My 2 cents, if they're even at the end of camp start TC. Upside is far greater, he should only get better. Put the best players on the field. I think philosophies have switched to this. I don't think we'll ever see a T Kool/Z Zenner scenario again. Put in the best players for the team. That should ensure the best product and outcome. Again my 2 cents, this info and $1 will get you 2 hotdogs at bozeids today(wiener Wednesday) ��
          Well TOB also came in as a freshman to replace a senior who was ok, just didnt have great arm strength. TOB people thought was going to be the next great QB, coaches didnt just say it was experience, but he was great in practice and a leader in the locker room. But those things didnt transfer to games after his freshman year. His mistakes in games eventually were more of a negative then his positives with practice etc. Lujan has good pocket awareness, makes good reads, does a lot of things well, just not the greatest arm. Nobody knows how well TC will be in the pocket, if he will let the play develop or will he get happy feet. TOB seemed to loose his composer in the pocket and freaked out even if he had great coverage, he couldnt check off his reads, would stare down his WR he was going for etc. So its a little apples to oranges to compare TOB, AS, TC etc.

I think there are cases where the coaches also give the nod to the player who works harder. Maybe there is a "better" athlete on the team but if that player doesnt give his all, the coaches sometimes seems to give it to the guys who hustle and have the heart, just maybe not as talented football skill wise. I just want the coaches to go with the player who gives us the best chance to win.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Putting the best players on the field if they have the physical skills and are mentally ready is a great philosophy. It's not a popularity contest, seniority based decision or wait till next year mentality for the Jacks. Winning brings $, recruits, fans and the new facilities needs it. Go Jacks

Comment

Per Zimmer:

SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier says he's been underwhelmed by competition at WR and OL so far. Read more camp updates tomorrow.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

So it looks like we got new home uni's to match our new white ones from last year along with new pants...https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...95857013649409

Comment

Ish that's all I want to say.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the away jerseys, so those look good to me. I like the simplified shoulder stripes and cool font on the chest.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

• Re: Fall Camp 2015

From the one pic so far but I like where it is going. Keep the pants and tops similar. Last year with retro top and modern style pants was not a good combo. This is promising. Take off the should and pant stripes and you have got your self a winner.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Per Zimmer:

SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier says he's been underwhelmed by competition at WR and OL so far. Read more camp updates tomorrow.
                        A little more info on position battles: http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...hape/31679433/

I thought the tidbit towards the end about our defensive coordinator wanting to try a 3-4 defense due to LB depth and Stig not wanting to was interesting.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          A little more info on position battles: http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...hape/31679433/

I thought the tidbit towards the end about our defensive coordinator wanting to try a 3-4 defense due to LB depth and Stig not wanting to was interesting.
                          I would think with the depth at LB and DT that a 3-4 would be an excellent scheme t throw in at times. Also find it interesting no mention of Chase Kern in the mix at DE. I felt he performed well last year at that spot as a true fr. The other surprise is no mention of Pupangatoa(sp), I would hope he and Ramsey can figure into the rotation too.

Very surprised at at the lack of perceived fire with the wr's. You have to figure they'd all be chomping at the bit to prove themselves. OL will balance I think, I can only think that Flynn is busting their chops now. Of course this could all be coach speak to get the most out of the groups.

Comment

I would think with the depth at LB and DT that a 3-4 would be an excellent scheme t throw in at times. Also find it interesting no mention of Chase Kern in the mix at DE. I felt he performed well last year at that spot as a true fr. The other surprise is no mention of Pupangatoa(sp), I would hope he and Ramsey can figure into the rotation too.

Very surprised at at the lack of perceived fire with the wr's. You have to figure they'd all be chomping at the bit to prove themselves. OL will balance I think, I can only think that Flynn is busting their chops now. Of course this could all be coach speak to get the most out of the groups.
                            Fall camp can be a grind, our main objective has to be to stay healthy for another 3 wks. of practice before KU. Players will find there positions and battle for spots, we need health and depth and we will go along ways.

By the way are they scrimmaging on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

Not a good sign or maybe it is. Solidarity is overrated. Seems, on average, that the LB's are undersized so that would be a disadvantage against a good blocking team. They already have a tough time holding their ends. Several years ago, their safeties were bigger than some of their present LB's. Great LB's usually get picked by the FBS teams, so you have to hope for development. When all other things are equal, size does matter. Are there any NFL players (besides ZZ) from the Jacks since their entry into FCS?

Comment

Bryan Witzmann (class of 2014) is listed at the 3rd LT in the depth chart of the Houston Texans.

Comment

Working...
                                X