X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Montana State GDT

O
    Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Stigs explanation of using the card baffles me, "it takes the decision making out of it".....huh!! Don't coaches get paid to make the tough decisions.I know what you're going to say...."that's why he decides to use the card".
    I don't like the card,I'll be honest,it 's too easy to blame if it doesn't turn out and strikes me as being indecisive and/or lazy. OK to use as a tool to help make a decision, but not the end all, be all, all the time, using religiously thing.
    A card is an inanimate object, it cannot make decisions, it is therefore a list of recommendations, the decision is made by a person.It should therefore never be used as an acceptable explanation. My PERSONAL PET PEEVE,I'll get over it hopefully.
    Don't forget that Stig is a math guy and understands probability. That why the card.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      So what we can conclude is Stig consults the card and then decides whether to follow it. Sounds reasonable to me.
      You are perfectly right, sounds reasonable to me also, if, the card wasn't used as the explanation. When there is a question of decision making, you can't blame it on a card.

Comment

Maybe 'it's the card' is Stig's attempt at humor?

I just checked the score again: We won!!!

Comment

OK....I'll say I over-reacted in judging Stigs explanation with too critical an eye, to one little time in a now forgotten interview with TV a long time ago. I really want Jackrabbit Nation to be wholly united during the playoffs , alway's really, so I'm accepting responsibility for being pickey...sorry, that's the best I can do...
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-30-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Maybe 'it's the card' is Stig's attempt at humor?

I just checked the score again: We won!!!
            That's it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              O Don't forget that Stig is a math guy and understands probability. That why the card.
              I understand probability too, it's probably easier and therefore more successful in kicking an extra point than the probability of converting a 2 pt attempt. It's what laws of probability one chooses to use that are in question. I'm just having a little fun, I really do accept Stigs decisions, although they are different than what I'd do.

Comment

What I like about this forum. It's people can have differing opinions, but when they disagree, they are amiable about it. Lot's of good people here.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  It was seriously stupid to go for 2, kick it and go up 12 which forces them to score two touchdowns. By not getting the 2 point conversion and staying up 11you allow them to tie it up with a td and fg. I'm a Notre Dame fan and I watched Brian Kelly blow this decision as well a couple of weeks ago in the loss to Northwestern. If he would have kicked the extra point to go up by twelve instead of failing the 2 and staying up 11 Northwestern would of had to score a TD with time expiring versus kicking the tying field goal. We're lucky it didn't come back to bite us.

Sorry, end rant. I'm still bitter about Notre Dame blowing that a couple of weeks ago along with the decision to hand it off instead of kneel on it with a minute left.
                  Big Goosie: That's why God invented Guiness (I'm 3/4ths Irish).

Comment

Link to the Bozeman Daily Chronicle coverage: http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/

Comment

Whatever cards they were using on play-calling yesterday, please keep them.

Comment

Please somebody give our coaches a "new" card on when to go for two and when to kick the extra point. Yesterday was awful.

Comment

Should not have gone for 2, when up 11.

Otherwise, nothing else to complain about!

Very happy to see Landberg making plays... with Schneider's shoulder... the Jacks will need that, and gives him experience for next season.

But next season is a ways away... look forward to playing the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            Should not have gone for 2, when up 11.

Otherwise, nothing else to complain about!

Very happy to see Landberg making plays... with Schneider's shoulder... the Jacks will need that, and gives him experience for next season.

But next season is a ways away... look forward to playing the Bison.
                            Agree we should have gone for two, but seems like we did that on one other TD and we failed. MSU defense was not great but they seemed to know how stop a two point conversion. Landberg's recovery on the on side was very big.

Comment

It's taken me a couple of days to get the bad taste out of my mouth, but I just wanted to say congrats to the Jackrabbits for a heck of a game on Saturday. Zenner was a beast like I knew he would be. NDSU will make his life much tougher next week than we did, but I hope he has some success and you guys can move the ball offensively. I also was very impressed with your receivers. I thought our DB's were in position several times to make plays, but the height and athleticism was a difference maker especially on fade routes.

It would have been nice to take advantage of a great bounce on that last on-side kick to see what we could have done, but we probably would have missed the conversion anyway.

Good luck next week. Many of us will be watching and rooting for the Jack's.

BTW: Let's make a home and home happen in the near future! I would love to come see your new stadium, and the drive isn't much farther for me than going to Bozeman, even though I live in-state!!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkon79 View Post
                                ...Good luck next week. Many of us will be watching and rooting for the Jack's.

BTW: Let's make a home and home happen in the near future! I would love to come see your new stadium, and the drive isn't much farther for me than going to Bozeman, even though I live in-state!!
                                Thanks!

I'm guessing you must live in Capitol, MT, a suburb of Camp Crook, SD. Close?

Comment

Working...
                                X