Montana State GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Montana State GDT

Suddenly, I'm hungry for some Bizun burger.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

NoVaJack: I'll try to type as fast as I can and report (summarize) Stig's post-game comments. Put up with some abbreviations!

Comment

Nova, if you want, you can watch a rerun of the game online at ESPN3. They leave those up for awhile. The snowy conditions definitely added drama.
        This space for lease.

Comment

How many are ready to buy a ticket for 3rd round game at Brookings? Go Jacks and beat the Bison. Great game in a tough field condition.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            NoVaJack: I'll try to type as fast as I can and report (summarize) Stig's post-game comments. Put up with some abbreviations!
            old skills learned in J school. Much appreciated. Just back from a hike in Shenandoah and fingers still frozen.

In other playoff scores:

Indiana State 36
            Eastern Kentucky 16

Montana 52
            Sam Diego 14

Liberty 26
            James Madison 21

Fordha, 44
            Sacred Heart 22

UNI up in about 10 minutes.

It will take another MVFC team to knock off the defending champs. Might as well be the Jackrabbits.

Go Jacks!

Comment

(TYLER COMMENTS IN ALL CAPS)
              the usual tremendously proud comments
              weather didn't have much impact...then noted lot of missed tackles.
              ZENNER, 252 YDS AND 4 TDS ON THE GROUND: Zach does what he has to do. Give credit to guys blocking etc. But, get ball in his hands ....proud of him...one of many guys on the team I'm proud of.
              SUMNER: MADE SOME HUGE PLAYS TODAY. Thought Austin did a nice job; receivers made some great catches in this weather.
              LANDBERG; 2 CATCHES IN IMPORTANT DRIVE IN FOURTH QUARTER: When you believe in young men and they know you do they'll go out there and surprise you.
              WESLEY'S RETURNS -- Not only the yards but the energy they brought to the team....
              MSU HAS HIGH POWERED OFFENSE...ALLOWED A LOT OF YARDS...HELD THEM TO 168 ON THE GROUND. We were tentative on pass but thought their players made nice plays. Their quarterback played injured and that had an impact.
              LALLEY'S RETURN ON FUMBLE -- Huge play, huge impact. Led to field goal.
              MSU HAD LOTS OF ISSUES WITH KICKING GAME...YOU HAD NO PROBLEMS. Justin Syrovatka has mastered his skill, holder and snapper did great jobs.
              TWO NUMBER NOT POSITIVE, 8 PENALTIES FOR 99 YARDS...TIME OF POSSESSEION 26 MINNUTES TO THEIR 34: We'll take points any way we can but try to control the game more...

They had a great crowd.

COMING UP: NDSU: We'll go back to the drawing board and really just try to figure out how to win one play at a time. We handle the environment up there now...promise you we'll be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Nova, if you want, you can watch a rerun of the game online at ESPN3. They leave those up for awhile. The snowy conditions definitely added drama.
                Thanks, will do! Points coming your way for suggesting. LOVE this team.

Comment

(TYLER COMMENTS IN ALL CAPS)
                  the usual tremendously proud comments
                  weather didn't have much impact...then noted lot of missed tackles.
                  ZENNER, 252 YDS AND 4 TDS ON THE GROUND: Zach does what he has to do. Give credit to guys blocking etc. But, get ball in his hands ....proud of him...one of many guys on the team I'm proud of.
                  SUMNER: MADE SOME HUGE PLAYS TODAY. Thought Austin did a nice job; receivers made some great catches in this weather.
                  LANDBERG; 2 CATCHES IN IMPORTANT DRIVE IN FOURTH QUARTER: When you believe in young men and they know you do they'll go out there and surprise you.
                  WESLEY'S RETURNS -- Not only the yards but the energy they brought to the team....
                  MSU HAS HIGH POWERED OFFENSE...ALLOWED A LOT OF YARDS...HELD THEM TO 168 ON THE GROUND. We were tentative on pass but thought their players made nice plays. Their quarterback played injured and that had an impact.
                  LALLEY'S RETURN ON FUMBLE -- Huge play, huge impact. Led to field goal.
                  MSU HAD LOTS OF ISSUES WITH KICKING GAME...YOU HAD NO PROBLEMS. Justin Syrovatka has mastered his skill, holder and snapper did great jobs.
                  TWO NUMBER NOT POSITIVE, 8 PENALTIES FOR 99 YARDS...TIME OF POSSESSEION 26 MINNUTES TO THEIR 34: We'll take points any way we can but try to control the game more...

They had a great crowd.

COMING UP: NDSU: We'll go back to the drawing board and really just try to figure out how to win one play at a time. We handle the environment up there now...promise you we'll be ready.

Thanks. Great stuff. Will settle down and watch the game with a hot toddy.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Nice transcript, JJD.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Cats fans are good people. MSU is a good team and wouldn't quit. If we expect to meet our goals, playing and beating the top programs is mandatory. Montana State and Montana year-in and year-out are top programs...programs to be studied and copied in many respects including fan support.

Making the playoffs is now a minimum standard for the Jackrabbits. Advancing through the playoffs and getting a national title is the goal. We take another step toward our goal next week.

Now, this evening I watch our conference mate UNI close out the statement for our conference: all five MVFC teams play in the second round. Go Panthers

Comment

UNI scored on first play from scrimmage and is up 7-0 12 seconds into the game.

Comment

Cats fans are good people. MSU is a good team and wouldn't quit. If we expect to meet our goals, playing and beating the top programs is mandatory. Montana State and Montana year-in and year-out are top programs...programs to be studied and copied in many respects including fan support.

Making the playoffs is now a minimum standard for the Jackrabbits. Advancing through the playoffs and getting a national title is the goal. We can do that next week.
                          The winner of the SDSU vs NDSU game should be obligated to win a NC, no excuses, just win the d___ thing!

Comment

Did we come out healthy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                              Did we come out healthy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I'm feeling fine. Thanks for asking.

Okay, serious: See post 161 which responds to the same question posed by NoVaJack.

Comment

For the lazy among our message-board faithful: here's the link to the post-game story on GoJacks.com, with links to game stats:
                                http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=209787408

Attendance in Bozeman: 7,747

Comment

Working...
                                X