Week 2: Cal Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 2: Cal Poly

I will say one thing and not another word about it....if and when sumner comes back from injury if the jacks are playoff bound...you will see sumner at qb regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      Do you think our DB's are being coached to turn around? It sure seems like they never do which tells me maybe their being coached not to turn around?? Just wondering. I find myself screaming "turn around" year after year.
      It is a very hard skill to master. You can get easily disoriented where your man is relative to the football.

Comment

The tents for tailgating are up and the porta potties are in place. There are a few campers scattered about the tailgating area. The pickup was spraying for mosquitoes around CAS this morning. Game day is very close.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          The tents for tailgating are up and the porta potties are in place. There are a few campers scattered about the tailgating area. The pickup was spraying for mosquitoes around CAS this morning. Game day is very close.
          Fantastic, thanks for the update. We will be ready to rock at 1 pm tomorrow. #beatcalpoly
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I got goosebumps driving in today on my way to work! It looks pretty cool. Very excited for tomorrow. Although, I am disappointed that my group wasn't able to get a spot in the Backyard. Go away to grad school for two years and they sell your spot! How dare they!?! O well, we will be in the HPER lot and will make the best of it and try to get in the Backyard again next year.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
              It is a very hard skill to master. You can get easily disoriented where your man is relative to the football.
              From what I gather snooping with google,once you turn around and spot the ball in the air,you play the ball,because that's where your man will be anyway.Receiver and defender have a right to go for the ball ,following the guidelines.

The hard part is finding the ball after having your back to where it's coming from and no idea of how close or far it is.You might guess as a defender where the ball will be by the particular route the receiver is running and your experience in practice covering that route.Other teams might run routes slightly different though.

Strictly my own interpretation,not an X-football player or anyone with substantial football knowledge. Probably shouldn't of re-hashed this,as it's pretty far back in the thread,but reading backwards through the thread,as I sometimes do,I'm still curious to the reason we are late looking back a lot of times.I suspect it has to do with the top priority being to stay with your man above all else.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-05-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                I got goosebumps driving in today on my way to work! It looks pretty cool. Very excited for tomorrow. Although, I am disappointed that my group wasn't able to get a spot in the Backyard. Go away to grad school for two years and they sell your spot! How dare they!?! O well, we will be in the HPER lot and will make the best of it and try to get in the Backyard again next year.

Come set up by us in the priority lot west of the stadium if you have a priority pass. We've tailgated in there for about 4 years and have a good contingent.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Man, today is just dragging on. Its like can it go any slower waiting for game day.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    Come set up by us in the priority lot west of the stadium if you have a priority pass. We've tailgated in there for about 4 years and have a good contingent.
                    Yeah, well KULawJack's group doesn't have a corkscrew to open a bottle of wine -- what does that tell you?!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Yeah, well KULawJack's group doesn't have a corkscrew to open a bottle of wine -- what does that tell you?!
                      It's on the list of things to get at the store today! I'll never leave you hanging like that again. Pretty embarrassing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Who brings wine to a tailgate?

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          Geezzzuuuus,,,,where are we Connecticut? Cant you just bring it in a box like my wife does? Bota Merlot....be just fine for you and economical....
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Everyone is always welcome at the YJC site. I'm doing pig wings and stuffed salsa peppers. Always plenty of beer but feel free to bring more.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              J. Lohr, Jack JD, and Theee Catrabbit's wife.

I can't even remember seeing wine in the Dykhouse. I could be wrong about that. I haven't really looked because WHO DRINKS WINE AT A FOOTBALL GAME???
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                                J. Lohr, Jack JD, and Theee Catrabbit's wife.

I can't even remember seeing wine in the Dykhouse. I could be wrong about that. I haven't really looked because WHO DRINKS WINE AT A FOOTBALL GAME???
                                Well, as a tailgate host, I was appalled by my inability to be prepared for any drinking situation that may arise. Lesson learned. Fully equipped for all contingencies this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X