• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nidaros
    replied
    Re: 2014 Season Tickets and schedule

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    We've been over this. I thought the consensus was The School for the Blind?

In the world of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Leave a comment:

• TK22867
    replied

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    TK, who did you want them to schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We've been over this. I thought the consensus was The School for the Blind?

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

OMG. I can't believe you, as a large donor, are naive enough to think that. Believe what you want, but at $28 per ticket, you can bet your a$$ that the 6th game was already built into the season ticket price, regardless of whether or not it was ever scheduled.

If it wasn't, as you claim, then our admin is completely inept and has no concept of how to generate revenue.
    Isn't that what he is saying? I think you're both saying the same thing,the cost of the sixth game was already built into the season tickets.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

TK, who did you want them to schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TK22867
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    My comment came in regards to your earlier post, and I quote "There is no good that can come from having this game on the schedule, other than additional $ from us season ticket holders." There are no additional $$$ from us season ticket holders as the price on season tickets was set long before the schedule was completed. It cost you and me the same dollars, except we get to have a Beef Bowl game...which is in fact, one of the main reasons we needed this game. There will be $$ for the game from non-season ticket holders, of course, and the sponsoring organizations have been very good at getting constituent turnouts for Beef Bowl.
    OMG. I can't believe you, as a large donor, are naive enough to think that. Believe what you want, but at $28 per ticket, you can bet your a$$ that the 6th game was already built into the season ticket price, regardless of whether or not it was ever scheduled.

If it wasn't, as you claim, then our admin is completely inept and has no concept of how to generate revenue.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied

With all due respect, can you clarify that comment? Are we as season ticket holders paying for a ticket for this game, or are we getting our tickets for free? Or are you stating that because of how much we had to pay Osh Kosh B'Gosh to come play, SDSU will lose money on this game - even with the extra dollars from season ticket holders?
    My comment came in regards to your earlier post, and I quote "There is no good that can come from having this game on the schedule, other than additional $ from us season ticket holders." There are no additional $$$ from us season ticket holders as the price on season tickets was set long before the schedule was completed. It cost you and me the same dollars, except we get to have a Beef Bowl game...which is in fact, one of the main reasons we needed this game. There will be $$ for the game from non-season ticket holders, of course, and the sponsoring organizations have been very good at getting constituent turnouts for Beef Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    I know i read that having a 6th game, 7 out of every 10 years, was used as one of the funding components for the new stadium. Doesn't mean they won't do it all 10 years,tho.
    No I doubt it would be every year but if there are 12 games i would assume it would happen and with 11 games probably more 50/50 but a greater push for 6 then in years past.

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Finally cought up reading TVs blog about a few different things and the thing that really jumped out to me that not sure it was really covered was just the fact that Sell made it sound like 6 games at home will be the new norm. thats what i have been saying for years. need to build the culture of SDSU football. Its going to be a sticker shock with the ticket price of a new stadium and the cost of an extra game. But for the long term its what is needed. Now we sell out 1 game ayear(NDSU or USD) and 2 others are good attendance(beef bowl and hobo day), while a couple other games really hurt for attendance. so if we can get those casual fans to come out, the new stadium i think will help draw people out who dont like the crowded stadium with horrible consessions and outdates restrooms with grandstand with out handrails, etc to something that is user friendly and fixes those issues plus if the team keeps on winning and making the playoffs that will get butts in the seats. I know B'gosh isnt the ideal game, its bad on many levels, but the future is bright that is for sure.

I still hate the idea though of it being fake grass in the new stadium..........just seems wrong for an Ag school plus it does have some benefits of a home field advantage as much as some people hate real turf. Sorry for the rant off topic.....I was just happy to see that Sell is really making 6 home games the new norm.
    I know i read that having a 6th game, 7 out of every 10 years, was used as one of the funding components for the new stadium. Doesn't mean they won't do it all 10 years,tho.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Finally cought up reading TVs blog about a few different things and the thing that really jumped out to me that not sure it was really covered was just the fact that Sell made it sound like 6 games at home will be the new norm. thats what i have been saying for years. need to build the culture of SDSU football. Its going to be a sticker shock with the ticket price of a new stadium and the cost of an extra game. But for the long term its what is needed. Now we sell out 1 game ayear(NDSU or USD) and 2 others are good attendance(beef bowl and hobo day), while a couple other games really hurt for attendance. so if we can get those casual fans to come out, the new stadium i think will help draw people out who dont like the crowded stadium with horrible consessions and outdates restrooms with grandstand with out handrails, etc to something that is user friendly and fixes those issues plus if the team keeps on winning and making the playoffs that will get butts in the seats. I know B'gosh isnt the ideal game, its bad on many levels, but the future is bright that is for sure.

I still hate the idea though of it being fake grass in the new stadium..........just seems wrong for an Ag school plus it does have some benefits of a home field advantage as much as some people hate real turf. Sorry for the rant off topic.....I was just happy to see that Sell is really making 6 home games the new norm.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
    Was librarian for the blind and physically handicapped for the State of Georgia from 72-76, and some of the funniest people I ever met were blind, whether it was pulling a bunch of drunk blind people through a revolving door, or watching an attorney who used to let his guide dog jump into traffic in order to hear brake squeals (the dog was an artist at stunt-dogship and never got hurt).

Also, I could write a book about the escapades of one Crawford Pike, who looked like Colonel Sanders but occasionally packed heat ("they won't convict a blind man for defending his home"), and was the most Southern-gentleman but profane human being I ever met. Could gross me out, and that was pretty hard to do. Assume he's now dead, he'd be in his upper eighties, but I'm throwing his name out there in the chance that someone remembers him and will find this on a random Google.

And everyone in the business forty years ago had to come equipped with at least five jokes relating to Playboy in braille... got that question every time I made a speech.
    Grizzled Jack:

Yes if one were blind, you would have to have a sense humor. I think Wayne Sumner part of the Austin Sumner family had graduated and moved on before you came to campus, but I got to know him. Having wit was the best part of Wayne. He knew exactly how many steps to take in walking from Eastman's Hall to Jim's Tap. Jims was a townie bar back then before Donnie Urquart took over. That where I met Wayne.
    JackJD has told me stories about Wayne's brother also blind, who was an attorney in Watertown and used to or still may hunt pheasants. Its amazing how they have manage to over come a major handicap.

TK: I will lighten up, just don't call me Francis.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled_Jack
    replied

Was librarian for the blind and physically handicapped for the State of Georgia from 72-76, and some of the funniest people I ever met were blind, whether it was pulling a bunch of drunk blind people through a revolving door, or watching an attorney who used to let his guide dog jump into traffic in order to hear brake squeals (the dog was an artist at stunt-dogship and never got hurt).

Also, I could write a book about the escapades of one Crawford Pike, who looked like Colonel Sanders but occasionally packed heat ("they won't convict a blind man for defending his home"), and was the most Southern-gentleman but profane human being I ever met. Could gross me out, and that was pretty hard to do. Assume he's now dead, he'd be in his upper eighties, but I'm throwing his name out there in the chance that someone remembers him and will find this on a random Google.

And everyone in the business forty years ago had to come equipped with at least five jokes relating to Playboy in braille... got that question every time I made a speech.

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Have you ever met a blind person? You would not be making jokes like this if you were blind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyXz2SAXGw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCQgCy9To4

Leave a comment:

• TK22867
    replied

DONT BE STUPID AND MAKE STUPID JOKES ABOUT BEING HANDICAPPED. There is no excuse for this.
    Lighten up Francis.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Lighten up Francis.
    DONT BE STUPID AND MAKE STUPID JOKES ABOUT BEING HANDICAPPED. There is no excuse for this.

Leave a comment:

• TK22867
    replied

Have you ever met a blind person? You would not be making jokes like this if you were blind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyXz2SAXGw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCQgCy9To4
    Lighten up Francis.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    You are correct. I just spent 2 days per month the last 6 months at the Buffalo Ridge resort attending an academy for physician leaders. Spent an evening with Joe where he explained his life story to this point. Wind power and a keen sense for entrepreneurship and hard work has made him a fortune. He is trying to give back and Buffalo Ridge is part of that. The resort, campground and restaurant/bar are for sale if any of you are interested.

As for scheduling, no way do you schedule 2 games against any one opponent.
    You got a chance to get know him better than I did. I was working through Availibilty doing temp jobs, and they needed someone to fill in while they hired a staff accountant and I worked under his controller. Joe was there in the office nearly every day, and introduced himself, the first time we met. He seemed to allow his employees space to be themselves and to get the job done. I only work there for maybe 5 weeks. The last day I was there, the staff gave me an EMS sweatshirt and a nice card. I am wearing the EMS shirt at this time. It was quality gift and people were very friendly. That attitude is formed at the top and works its way down.
    BTW, I walked around Gary during the lunch hour, and by the campus. It was starting to really look rundown. Seems like it closed about 1964 so it was idle for quite a few years. Joe did them a big favor in restoring those buildings.

As far as YFE suggestion, it would make sense from revenue point, but would the casual fan show up for both games? I have my doubts. I said in another post, it was good from a revenue point of view, but it would get old fast.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-01-2014, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X