• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigGoosie13
    replied
    Re: 2014 Season Tickets and schedule

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    OshKosh my gosh
    This is the first thing I thought of....

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Wow, from ticket prices to scheduling a lot of negativity on this site.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Disappointing for fans to say the least. I'd like to hear the players and coaches opinions about it before I completely disparage admin for scheduling what seems to be a completely worthless game. I am not inclined to attend but could be convinced to change my mind. Will need to entice me with something more than a D3 team.
    "“We are excited to be able to secure a 12th game for our football program,” SDSU head coach John Stiegelmeier said. “ I know our seniors look forward to the additional game, and we are all appreciative of our administration for being persistent through the scheduling process.”

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209475033

That was his outside reaction, anyhow. Inside he HAS to be disappointed.

I bet the 2nd and 3rd stringers are REALLY looking forward to the game.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Disappointing for fans to say the least. I'd like to hear the players and coaches opinions about it before I completely disparage admin for scheduling what seems to be a completely worthless game. I am not inclined to attend but could be convinced to change my mind. Will need to entice me with something more than a D3 team.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    That, or the administrator in charge of our football schedule dropped the ball.

A DIII team? Really?
    I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here. Play along!

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

You need to buy an Oshkosh ticket to get a USD ticket? Is that true?

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Well, to say this is disappointing would be an enormous understatement. That being said, it was obviously impossible to get a decent (DI) team to come here. There has been a lot of talk in the past about creating to tough of an OOC schedule. Guess that's not a problem this year.
    That, or the administrator in charge of our football schedule dropped the ball.

A DIII team? Really?

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Puke.

I have a wedding that day so I guess I won't be missing a good team coming into CAS.

I've made my feelings known about our football scheduling before. Just when I think they start to turn a corner...

Leave a comment:

• Evolution Prime
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    NSIC schools don't have any OOC games. They are fillled up w/ their conference games (16 teams in a conference).
    I forget that it is such a huge conference.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    Hopefully they price this game accordingly. If they want to raise prices for Hobo Day, NDSU, and USD, then they can bite the bullet and decrease the price to get butts in the seats. I could see keeping it the same if we were playing Wisconsin-Whitewater or Mount Union, but not for any other D-III team. If we are going to play lower teams, why not try some local teams like close NSIC teams or even Dakota State. Maybe this is an attempt to expand more recruiting in to Wisconsin.
    NSIC schools don't have any OOC games. They are fillled up w/ their conference games (16 teams in a conference).

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    A D3 opponent who went 8-2 last year. There is no good that can come from having this game on the schedule, other than additional $ from us season ticket holders.

Nothing but a money grab by our administration. I'm all for capitalism, but this just feels like us season ticket holders are getting bent over some barbed wire fence.
    I agree.

And its Beef Bowl. A Beef Bowl game against a D3???? Complete joke, IMO.

I have lost a lot of confidence in the athletic department in recent months.

Leave a comment:

• Evolution Prime
    replied

Hopefully they price this game accordingly. If they want to raise prices for Hobo Day, NDSU, and USD, then they can bite the bullet and decrease the price to get butts in the seats. I could see keeping it the same if we were playing Wisconsin-Whitewater or Mount Union, but not for any other D-III team. If we are going to play lower teams, why not try some local teams like close NSIC teams or even Dakota State. Maybe this is an attempt to expand more recruiting in to Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• TK22867
    replied

A D3 opponent who went 8-2 last year. There is no good that can come from having this game on the schedule, other than additional $ from us season ticket holders.

Nothing but a money grab by our administration. I'm all for capitalism, but this just feels like us season ticket holders are getting bent over some barbed wire fence.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Well, to say this is disappointing would be an enormous understatement. That being said, it was obviously impossible to get a decent (DI) team to come here. There has been a lot of talk in the past about creating to tough of an OOC schedule. Guess that's not a problem this year.

Leave a comment:

• sdsu_drake
    replied

So they can charge us season ticket holders another $20 a seat. Maybe they will prorate it to the competition but I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X