Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Season Tickets and schedule

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    Be offended all you want. Some posters choose to be mouthpieces for the admin, and when they are blowing smoke I'm going to call them out on it.

The issue is pretty black and white JD. There really isn't anything to agree/disagree with - it is not an opinion piece. I'm sorry you fail to comprehend that. I don't know how else to explain it.

If you want to "disagree" and pretend that season ticket holders didn't pay a dime for the 6th home game and that we got it "for free", I'll pat you on the back and say "you sure did Johnny, you sure did".
    Season tickets holders would have paid the exact same amount even if this game had never been scheduled. So to say that the administration did this as a money grab from the season ticket holders is just plain wrong unless there was a promise of 6 homes games when season ticket holders purchase their tickets.

You're quick to bash (or call out as you say) other posters and the administration, but I have yet to see a post where you have proposed something that could have been done to get a different team to come to Brookings. Lots of posts saying the admin really screwed the pooch, etc, but nothing constructive. There is no doubt in my mind that scheduling is extremely difficult, I mean look at men's basketball. We get very few quality OOC games in Frost. Teams don't want to come here to Brookings and get their asses handed to them and both the football team and men's basketball team have shown they are tough to beat at home.

Comment

I detect a turn towards personal attacks here.

Cease and desist, from all sides.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well I think it would be naive to believe we would have gotten a refund on our season tickets if the 6th game had not been scheduled. Maybe, but I doubt it.

As far as the beef bowl dollars. My guess is that was the major motivation monetarily. The team (coaches) likely also had motivation they added for an additional game.

I don't think it was a money grab in that they had always planned on the 6th game but it is a bit of a joke considering the only opponent they were able to come up with. And likely IMO WOULD HAVE BEEN a money grab if not for the non-counter, who cares, we better not lose/get someone hurt game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Season tickets holders would have paid the exact same amount even if this game had never been scheduled. So to say that the administration did this as a money grab from the season ticket holders is just plain wrong unless there was a promise of 6 homes games when season ticket holders purchase their tickets.

You're quick to bash (or call out as you say) other posters and the administration, but I have yet to see a post where you have proposed something that could have been done to get a different team to come to Brookings. Lots of posts saying the admin really screwed the pooch, etc, but nothing constructive. There is no doubt in my mind that scheduling is extremely difficult, I mean look at men's basketball. We get very few quality OOC games in Frost. Teams don't want to come here to Brookings and get their asses handed to them and both the football team and men's basketball team have shown they are tough to beat at home.
          I'm not debating the quality of the team that was scheduled. We've all let our opinions be known about that.

The solution is to be upfront and honest with your season ticket holders, like they were last year when they scheduled the 6th home game against Butler. We all had to go in and buy the extra tickets last year. This year, unbeknownst to us, we simply "pre-paid" for the 6th home game, as it was not announced nor mentioned as part of the season ticket renewal. We did not, as some suggest, "get this one for free". We simply paid up front. Does it make any sense, financially, for SDSU to give this game to season ticket holders free? As Slosho suggests, would we have seen a refund had they been unsuccessful in scheduling the 6th game? No chance.

$140/5 = $28. $140/6 = $23.30. Draw your own conclusions from there.

Personally, I wouldn't have lost an ounce of trust with the admin if they had come back and asked us for additional $ for tickets to the 6th game. I would have gladly paid it. It's not the $ amount, its the principle behind it, and a rather shady principle at that.

Comment

Be offended all you want. Some posters choose to be mouthpieces for the admin, and when they are blowing smoke I'm going to call them out on it.
            Hey, I think I'll throw my (tinfoil) hat into this ring. Maybe JacksFan#1 is a plant by the administration to try to spread SDSU propaganda. Are we sure that JacksFan#1 is even a real person? (Never mind the fact that many of us have met him.) This isn't opinion; wake up sheeple. We are being manipulated from the inside. Who knows how high this really goes. Is SDSU athletics, and thus SDSUFans.com, really a front for the Russians? I was on the board when we had those spammers. When are JackJD and Filbert going to answer for all of this???
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              I guess that I might have to disagree with this part of your post. Some of use on tighter budgets have to spread our Entertainment Dollars around and cost per event is a factor, so is opportunity cost when related to this budget item. I.E if I have X dollars budgeted for Entertainment for the year perhaps I can go to one of George Straight's last concerts or have season tickets at $X per game.
              And there is always the wife factor, she likes to go, but only to a certain cost level (which is quite quickly worked out to $$/per-game).
              I do not disagree with you, slosho. I was merely noting that many buy season tickets without doing a per-game calculation. I have respected statements that, if my memory is correct, you've made in the past which have been reminders about taking into account where the students fit into the picture as well as the more casual fans who are, nevertheless, very important to the growth of the program. My point merely was that I bought season tickets without thinking about whether there were be five or six games. When the sixth game was scheduled, I looked at that as a bonus. I'm not the only one who views it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Hey, I think I'll throw my (tinfoil) hat into this ring. Maybe JacksFan#1 is a plant by the administration to try to spread SDSU propaganda. Are we sure that JacksFan#1 is even a real person? (Never mind the fact that many of us have met him.) This isn't opinion; wake up sheeple. We are being manipulated from the inside. Who knows how high this really goes. Is SDSU athletics, and thus SDSUFans.com, really a front for the Russians? I was on the board when we had those spammers. When are JackJD and Filbert going to answer for all of this???
                Crap! Now I've really stepped in it!

(I've recently learned the true identity of RO and I can vouch for his loyal Jackrabbitedness...and I hear its going to cost me some gin and tonics.)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I do not disagree with you, slosho. I was merely noting that many buy season tickets without doing a per-game calculation. I have respected statements that, if my memory is correct, you've made in the past which have been reminders about taking into account where the students fit into the picture as well as the more casual fans who are, nevertheless, very important to the growth of the program. My point merely was that I bought season tickets without thinking about whether there were be five or six games. When the sixth game was scheduled, I looked at that as a bonus. I'm not the only one who views it that way.
                  Touché. I was viewing your original statement as more of an absolute than it was. My apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    Touché. I was viewing your original statement as more of an absolute than it was. My apologies.

No apology necessary. You've stated a reasonable position and I'm sure many agree with you.

Comment

Lighten up Tk, whether you choose to buy a season ticket or not does not matter in the big scheme of things. Jack # 1 is the reason I am a loyal alum and a Jack fan. I attended alumni gathering in LA 1970 or 1971. Jack # 1 was the alumni Director who gave a slide show on the new things on campus. He made every feel like belong, JAck #1 is real very much so and has not burned any bridges on campus. He is a good source.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Lighten up Tk, whether you choose to buy a season ticket or not does not matter in the big scheme of things. Jack # 1 is the reason I am a loyal alum and a Jack fan. I attended alumni gathering in LA 1970 or 1971. Jack # 1 was the alumni Director who gave a slide show on the new things on campus. He made every feel like belong, JAck #1 is real very much so and has not burned any bridges on campus. He is a good source.
                        Not questioning Jacks#1 loyalty, I just think he's dead wrong on the "free" ticket issue.

And I think you meant "Lighten up, Francis".

Comment

TK: Who were you referring to when you wrote: "Some posters choose to be mouthpieces for the admin,..." ?

Comment

Not questioning Jacks#1 loyalty, I just think he's dead wrong on the "free" ticket issue.

And I think you meant "Lighten up, Francis".
                            So you're upset because the administration didn't tell you up front you were paying for 6 home games?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              So you're upset because the administration didn't tell you up front you were paying for 6 home games?
                              This exactly....I was way more irritated last year when I had to call the ticket office and find out where mine and my parent's season tickets were, to have them say...oh you didn't get the e-mail? You both owe $40 more before we can send them out.

I actually remember saying....why didn't you just add them in for 6th game in the first place??
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                This exactly....I was way more irritated last year when I had to call the ticket office and find out where mine and my parent's season tickets were, to have them say...oh you didn't get the e-mail? You both owe $40 more before we can send them out.

I actually remember saying....why didn't you just add them in for 6th game in the first place??
                                I'm guessing 90+% of the people would have felt the same way. Which may explain why they just charged the flat fee.

If the number of games you are "paying" for is a big deal maybe it would be best to ask the administration just how many home games the season ticket price includes. If they can't answer don't buy season tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X