X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

SE Entry.jpg
    The SE Entry is taking shape.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Work has started in the last few days to enclose the west ticket area (first floor under the Club Room), and that area will serve as the entrance to the ticket area for the west side this year.

Comment

Is the stadium "officially" Coughlin Alumni Stadium through this season or, since half of the renovation/new construction will be completed this year, is the stadium now the Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium? I think its the former, Coughlin Alumni Stadium, for 2015, and will take on the new name for the 2016 season. Is there an "official" stance on the name for this year? I imagine there will be a formal ribbon-cutting type of affair prior to the first home game in 2016.

I think I just answered my question: I went to GoJacks.com. Under the existing "Facilities" tab, there is a link to Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. There is no link or to the Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium in the "Facilities" tab but, at the bottom of the webpage, there is a separate link to information on the Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Is the stadium "officially" Coughlin Alumni Stadium through this season or, since half of the renovation/new construction will be completed this year, is the stadium now the Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium? I think its the former, Coughlin Alumni Stadium, for 2015, and will take on the new name for the 2016 season. Is there an "official" stance on the name for this year? I imagine there will be a formal ribbon-cutting type of affair prior to the first home game in 2016.
          Well, the last game of the year has been deemed as the Coughlin Alumni Stadium farewell, so I would say that's still the name for this year.

Comment

Justin Sell made mention in his video of the stadium progress that having the old stadium inside the new stadium would give the Jacks a chance to close out Coughlin Alumni Stadium in proper fashion. So, no doubt on my mind that we go out Coughlin Alumni this year and welcome in the Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium in 2016.

Comment

The area is pretty muddy and they have a number of pumps running to move the water out of there. You can see the fence posts are starting to go in. They look black to me. I'm guessing it will be a black coated chain link fence that goes up. I just noticed the 3 little platforms on the east side grandstand. They look like platforms for cameras. You can also see they are starting to get the forms setup for the sidewalk along the east and south side of the parking lot. This will make it much safer for pedestrians to get from parking to the backyard this year.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                To make finding easier ... again ...
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Several good things progressing right now. The modules for the Daktronics video board have arrived on site and are starting to go up. And on the west side, the panels are being installed to enclose the bottom floor, which will pave the
                  way for the west entrance into the stadium this fall.

IMG_20150819_152053901.jpgIMG_20150819_151313494_HDR.jpg

Comment

Saw the static ad panels today and they were getting ready to ship. I imagine they will be delivered tmw and will go up shortly thereafter. When they do the board will look much more complete. They will fill it up fast.

Comment

My dad wanted a few pics so I figured as long as I had them taken I'd post them. The fixed-digit (ie. the actual "score" board) and the static ad panels really make it look like a scoreboard now, if that makes any sense.

Apologies for the quality on the closer shot of the scoreboard. The sun was below the horizon (and for that matter, the top of the stadium...) and daylight was becoming less and less by the minute.

Comment

Looks like the video is completed. Thanks for the pics! Now most of what's left will be a fabric to cover the speakers.

Comment

There is a concern that finishing of the structure under the bleachers on the east side, may not be completed by the time of the first game, particularly the bathrooms. It would probably not be a major problem, depending on the size of the crowd for the first game.

Comment

Wished the advertising didn't need to be in the board, but understand need for the revenue.

Comment

The ad panels are for the scoreboard sponsors...that's the way the board is purchased...revenue from the sponsors. But they don't interfere with the video portion of the board, and that part is huge. Our current board was purchased for $3 million, which the sponsors paid off over a 10-year period, and after that SDSU received the annual revenue. I don't know if this board is based on the same schedule, but is probably similar.

Comment

Anyone know the area of the old screen vs. the area of the new screen or the dimensions of the old vs the dimensions of the new? From the pictures, it looks to me like the new screen is at least twice as large.

Comment

Working...
                                X