Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    I saw the show last night and had the same thoughts. Pretty underwhelming in terms of insight and information. I dont think there was a single view that I have not seen a dozen times elsewhere.

Hopefully there is an official SDSU beat writer by the time fall camp gets going and we can get a little better info on all things SDSU.
    Yes a bit redundant but okay.

Comment

I walked around the stadium today. Here are a few updates you can't get from the Webcam.
      The bricks are in place about half way across the front of the student section. Looks great!
      The blue covering of the seats are nearly all installed with just a few gaps remaining
      The Jackrabbit Logo will soon be in place on the Dykhouse. They had large pulleys hanging down from the SJAC. I also saw a few of the rabbit pieces on the ground. It looks like it is going to be pretty big once it is all put together. Pretty cool looking.
      The UPD building now has windows and it looks like walls on the inside.
      They are starting to level and compact the dirt and gravel on the east side. I imagine we will soon see cement being poured as they complete the course areas.
      They are really starting to clean up the construction prep zone on the east side and only have some debris and a few pieces of equipment that will be moved to the west side.
      They are laying blocks like crazy underneath the student section/south end of the field. I imagine they will have that portion done in the next day or two.

It looks amazing. Now that the blue is mostly complete, I understand what Zimmer said about it feeling more intimate. The new stands look HUGE so it makes the field feel much smaller. It is going to be an amazing facility. Its going to be a ton of fun watching games there for the next 50 years!
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Anyone know the plans for the outside of the facility? Brick? Or is it going to be something else?
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

For easier finding:

http://danajdykhousestadium.com/multimedia/web-cam/
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Jackrabbit.jpg

The rabbit is going up!

Comment

Well, the name is up (including part of the bottom paw), but THE Rabbit will soon be added!

Jacks Sign.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                Well, the name is up (including part of the bottom paw), but THE Rabbit will soon be added!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]643[/ATTACH]
                Thanks for posting, please post a pic of the finished Rabbit if you can!

Comment

FullSizeRender.jpg

Got this from a buddy on the construction crew.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    There's a nice panoramic photo on this site today:

Comment

16,700 seats this season per @GoJacksSDSU
                      Last edited by jacks1; 07-21-2015, 11:34 AM.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

The rabbits foot is hanging below the Jackrabbits lettering. And it's about 5.5' to 6' for some size perspective.

Comment

image.jpgThe sign looks great so far! Really dresses up that wall.

Comment

Anyone have a view from the field?

Comment

image.jpg

Another update from last night. I imagine they'll finish this morning.

Comment

It looks phenomenal.

Comment

Working...
                                X