X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]646[/ATTACH]

Another update from last night. I imagine they'll finish this morning.
    I haven't been to the stadium in a number of years, where exactly is that logo at?

Comment

It's on the S. End. Where the road used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
        It's on the S. End. Where the road used to be.
        Actually it's on the south side of the SJAC. North side of the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          Actually it's on the south side of the SJAC. North side of the stadium.
          Well, I'm in the hper today, and there's one on the S. End too. (Outside ). Unless I'm looking to the other end. (May need to go outside and look again)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            Well, I'm in the hper today, and there's one on the S. End too. (Outside ). Unless I'm looking to the other end. (May need to go outside and look again)
            They may incorporate one on the scoreboard too. If that's the case, awesome. I believe the pic is from the SJAC. Either way this stadium will be the class of the FCS and the envy of many FBS schools too. Huge tool for recruitment. Go JACKS!!!!

Comment

I periscoped from the stadium again today. Here is the link.
              https://www.periscope.tv/w/aH_BvTIyN...aCv55yX5m6Ig==

Sorry that it didn't rotate. I thought holding it in landscape but apparently not. Sorry!
              Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 07-22-2015, 11:41 AM. Reason: inserted direct link.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Go to the Brookings Register home page below for a picture of the logo arriving in town. It is on the front page of the Register site today, but may not be their later.

Www.Brookingsregister.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                  Go to the Brookings Register home page below for a picture of the logo arriving in town. It is on the front page of the Register site today, but may not be their later.

Www.Brookingsregister.com

Neat photo. That "World's largest jackrabbit" headline is probably correct. Putting a giant logo on the SJAC was a great idea.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...317120/video/1

Comment

All I can say is. "Told you it was huge and awesome!"

Comment

View from upstairs of Wellness Center.

Attached Files
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Some complications arose late in the afternoon today. In mid-afternoon, the front half of the body was up, and they were installing the head. At about 4 p.m., I went by and they had taken the head down and were just putting it up again. But by days end, they had taken the front half-body and the head down, and just the name was still up. The Register picture of the arrival gives a good idea of the size, as the head and ears are on the large semi-trailer. The sign is lighted, and so installation also includes making sure all of the wiring is in place. Going to be awesome!!!

Comment

Here's a picture of the Rabbit head as they were preparing to put it back up a second time. Seeing the workers around it gives you some idea of the size!

Jackrabbit Head.jpg

Comment

I believe the up down has to do with the special process for mounting to the type of construction of that particular building. Locating anchors and penetrating the walls with the secondary power from the LED power supplies. Those power supplies which are normally found inside of any given sign will be hidden in the trusses of the SJAC. All elements of the signage you see mounted on the side of the SJAC that are considered serviceable (failure mode parts if you will) are located inside the SJAC and can be accessed without opening the sign bodies.

Comment

Thanks for all the updates. It's going to be a brand new experience come Sept 12th. Something I never dreamed would happen in my life time.

Comment

Working...
                                X