Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    ? Do I dare ask what the other 'many reasons' are? I'm not sure what you expected. Keep CAS?
    You can ask, but I'd rather not share. I did not expect to keep CAS. Nidaros wasn't going to make it up the stairs without a handrail for too many more years, so we had to do something.....otherwise State might lose that endowment that he brags about all the time.

My point was only being made in regards to Zimmer's "intimacy" feel. I suppose intimacy is a subjective description, but it is a fact based on the stadium drawings that the seats will be further away from the field, hence my point. That was all.

Comment

Question for anyone with more knowledge on the stadium construction process than me:

Someone on anygivensaturday.com asked about the opening in seating on the southwest corner and was wondering the reasoning for this, and I didn't have a good answer. I actually thought it was going to be a gate with extrinsic appeal, but the administration isn't selling naming rights to it.

Would appreciate any information on this. Thanks.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Question for anyone with more knowledge on the stadium construction process than me:

Someone on anygivensaturday.com asked about the opening in seating on the southwest corner and was wondering the reasoning for this, and I didn't have a good answer. I actually thought it was going to be a gate with extrinsic appeal, but the administration isn't selling naming rights to it.

I had to look because it seemed to me there would be a gate there too, but it shows nothing in the renderings. Perhaps an open area to provide a view from the outaide on the campus side.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I just saw photos of the back end of the running rabbit logo(lit) that is soon to be mounted to the SE corner. (South side) of the SJAC. And it is not only gigantic, but it looks fantastic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            I just saw photos of the back end of the running rabbit logo(lit) that is soon to be mounted to the SE corner. (South side) of the SJAC. And it is not only gigantic, but it looks fantastic as well.
            This post is useless without photos. Come on man!
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

My personal opinion on the west grandstand getting moved back a few feet: it sucks for fans, but it was probably too close before. The sideline always looked really, really cramped to me. Lots of times players' momentum carried them into the sideline benches.

I'm sure the stadium is being built to modern standards (as money allows).
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                My personal opinion on the west grandstand getting moved back a few feet: it sucks for fans, but it was probably too close before. The sideline always looked really, really cramped to me. Lots of times players' momentum carried them into the sideline benches.

I'm sure the stadium is being built to modern standards (as money allows).
                I think the positives of the new stadium are going to FAR out weigh being a few feet further back.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                  You can ask, but I'd rather not share. I did not expect to keep CAS. Nidaros wasn't going to make it up the stairs without a handrail for too many more years, so we had to do something.....otherwise State might lose that endowment that he brags about all the time.

My point was only being made in regards to Zimmer's "intimacy" feel. I suppose intimacy is a subjective description, but it is a fact based on the stadium drawings that the seats will be further away from the field, hence my point. That was all.
                  You're right. Intimacy can mean a lot of things. If "intimacy" means so little room that you can't sit shoulder-to-shoulder like CAS now, then the new stadium will be less intimate. If it refers to the more "closed in" feel of the new stadium, then it'll be intimate. I like the idea of the latter definition. Imagine sitting in a seat where you and the people on either side of you can lean back at the same time and still feel like you're INSIDE of a complete stadium with great sight lines to the field... We have gotten accustomed to what is really a pretty unacceptable fan experience, albeit with the great sight lines in CAS.Now if I can just find a way to get to Brookings for football games....
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    Thanks for your thoughtful comment. There is no risk in State losing my endowment. I don't think I could revoke it even if I wanted to. They got my money and its theirs to use. Btw I got my order in for season tickets per usual.

Comment

Could this be the student entrance? That's the area where students currently enter the stadium.
                      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                        Could this be the student entrance? That's the area where students currently enter the stadium.
                        That is a good guess. Still curious why they wouldn't sell naming rights to that entrance if that is the case, though.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

I thought Terry V had something in a story about that entrance.

Found this

The bowled-in nature of the southwest corner appears more obvious. The southeast corner will have some space between seating sections, and will be home to the Alumni Club Lounge. That space features a view of campus.
                          I'm thinking he messed up the southeast and southwest corners

Comment

The new scoreboard will be 36'4" Tall x 148'8" Wide according to a tweet from Jackrabbit Athletics. Here is a photo they also put out: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ-blO8WsAAHTwC.jpg:large
                            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                              The new scoreboard will be 36'4" Tall x 148'8" Wide according to a tweet from Jackrabbit Athletics. Here is a photo they also put out: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ-blO8WsAAHTwC.jpg:large
                              Largest and best board in the FCS?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                Video of the other signage going up on the SJAC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsZM...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                                X