New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

If you look at the aerial view from the stadium renderings it appears there will be some parking on the east side of the stadium. I assume they are tearing down trees to widen the existing road and turn it into an urban section with curb & gutter and allow for grading, etc. for the new parking.

Comment

Won't let me upload other photos. And you may be right. I just liked those trees on both sides of the road like that. Maybe they are working on the width of the road.

Comment

If we are parking on the east side, that means the practice fields will be relocated.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
          Just going by the renderings on the http://danajdykhousestadium.com/ site, it appears that the east and south will not be enclosed but protected by chain link fence. I agree that it would be nice if the entire stadium was wrapped in brick or something more dressy, but that would obviously add to cost and may make the concourses feel more cramped.

I bet it will take more than a hundred bucks to get my name on this gate enterance

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I bet it will take more than a hundred bucks to get my name on this gate enterance
            A cool $500,000 will do it:

http://danajdykhousestadium.com/naming-opportunities/
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Congrats on your new stadium. Yours and Southern Illinois's will be the class of the MVC outdoor stadiums and I'd rather have yours. When completed, it will be a tremendous upgrade for your program. I have been to every stadium in the league and this one will be the best.

The only stadium I'm aware of that rivals it is the University of Montana's. That also is a great stadium and very well done. I'm already looking forward to the game there in 2016. It looks nice, congrats again.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                Congrats on your new stadium. Yours and Southern Illinois's will be the class of the MVC outdoor stadiums and I'd rather have yours. When completed, it will be a tremendous upgrade for your program. I have been to every stadium in the league and this one will be the best.

The only stadium I'm aware of that rivals it is the University of Montana's. That also is a great stadium and very well done. I'm already looking forward to the game there in 2016. It looks nice, congrats again.
                Thanks, looking forward to seeing your upgraded facilities too. I assume once basketball is out of the dome there will be some upgrades made there for the football program as well.

Comment

Its starting to take shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    If you look at the aerial view from the stadium renderings it appears there will be some parking on the east side of the stadium. I assume they are tearing down trees to widen the existing road and turn it into an urban section with curb & gutter and allow for grading, etc. for the new parking.
                    The street will not be widening, but there will be a sidewalk going in on the east side of the parking lot.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

There are always a few things we'd like to change like having more brick, but the thing I wish would have been different is having the fans closer to the field. Washington-Grizzly Stadium at Montana is about as close as you could go.

Looking at their stadium, I could see how you could add on to our new facility in the future to add more seating.

But our glass is more than half full with our new stadium!

Comment

Place is really buzzing this morning. Work progressing very fast on the enclosed areas under the east and south bleachers. I've attached two pix, one shows the large area enclosed on the north end of the east side. The other shows the work place on the rest of the east side, where blocks enclosing the area are really being finished rather rapidly.

The practice field is no more (the other area on the east side of the road is intact). That area will be parking (the new stadium on the west due next year, takes out a lot of parking spaces that were on the west side.)

FB Stadium2 July 7.jpgFB Stadium July 7.jpg

Comment

I think I'll be walking around the stadium construction site today over my noon break. If anyone wants to follow along I plan to periscope it. My twitter handle is @mltollefson.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                            The Admin seems to have priced it all out which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              I think I'll be walking around the stadium construction site today over my noon break. If anyone wants to follow along I plan to periscope it. My twitter handle is @mltollefson.
                              Thanks a lot for these. You can only see so much w/ the Live Video Cams.

Comment

No problem! I'll probably do another next week. I'll also hold my phone the other direction... my bad.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X