New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Some more good news to think about, particularly for those of us who rely on the Jackrabbit Extra for our football coverage. With a new, HD scoreboard, come new, HD cameras. What they have been pitching as "HD" on the Extra for the last year or so really isn't. It was a significant improvement, but it was really a slightly better quality SD (16x9) stream. I'm hoping that the new scoreboard/cameras get us a 720 feed on the Extra, and I would expect that.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Some more good news to think about, particularly for those of us who rely on the Jackrabbit Extra for our football coverage. With a new, HD scoreboard, come new, HD cameras. What they have been pitching as "HD" on the Extra for the last year or so really isn't. It was a significant improvement, but it was really a slightly better quality SD (16x9) stream. I'm hoping that the new scoreboard/cameras get us a 720 feed on the Extra, and I would expect that.
      I hadn't thought of that, JimmyJack. Great point. Especially during FB season it is a Sunday evening ritual to watch the insider. The show schedule fits perfectly with fall football schedule.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

11667438_1108797815803369_869119080062765746_n.jpg A shot posted on Facebook today. The "bowl" is taking shape and it's another good look at the scoreboard structure.

Comment

Looking at webcam looks as though the skeleton is complete for the south and east side.

Comment

video update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUlKchgl9NE

Comment

As of Friday morning, all of the backrests were finished so that the entire east side bleachers are complete, down to the corner on the southeast. The steel is completed across the south end and I expect next week they will be nearing completion. Daktronics is expected to have the scoreboard up and completed by around August 1. There will be a stream across the top and bottom of the scoreboard which will carry all the game information, with the video covering the rest of the board, except for vertical panels on each end with the paid sponsorships information. The video is going to be huge!

The block walls under the east side bleachers were completed this week, except for the southeast corner, where work on the southeast ticket booths has begun. The facade shown on the pictures released earlier will highlight that corner and the railing that runs up the east side, along with the concourse cement will be following soon.

The large enclosed portion under the north end of the bleachers is the visiting team locker room. The rest will be concessions, rest rooms, etc. The locker rooms for baseball, softball and track and field are not part of the stadium project, but will eventually be located between the visiting team locker room, and the campus security building on the east. The rest of the eastern side will have a gravel parking lot ready for this season, and will be paved for the 2016 opener.

The contractors are working hard to finish up the 2015 portion of the project, so that they can move forward on the west side area. The steel flooring panels have been installed on the west side, and cement floors are being poured at all levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                As of Friday morning, all of the backrests were finished so that the entire east side bleachers are complete, down to the corner on the southeast. The steel is completed across the south end and I expect next week they will be nearing completion. Daktronics is expected to have the scoreboard up and completed by around August 1. There will be a stream across the top and bottom of the scoreboard which will carry all the game information, with the video covering the rest of the board, except for vertical panels on each end with the paid sponsorships information. The video is going to be huge!

The block walls under the east side bleachers were completed this week, except for the southeast corner, where work on the southeast ticket booths has begun. The facade shown on the pictures released earlier will highlight that corner and the railing that runs up the east side, along with the concourse cement will be following soon.

The large enclosed portion under the north end of the bleachers is the visiting team locker room. The rest will be concessions, rest rooms, etc. The locker rooms for baseball, softball and track and field are not part of the stadium project, but will eventually be located between the visiting team locker room, and the campus security building on the east. The rest of the eastern side will have a gravel parking lot ready for this season, and will be paved for the 2016 opener.

The contractors are working hard to finish up the 2015 portion of the project, so that they can move forward on the west side area. The steel flooring panels have been installed on the west side, and cement floors are being poured at all levels.
                As usual a very informative update. It appears everyone involved in the construction is doing their job. I doubt you will see anyone leaning on a shovel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  I'm told there will be fixed digit score(ing) for home and away like on the current sign (unlike the center hung in frost). unless the design has changed

Comment

From what I've been told, the new scoreboard is entirely a video board. So the layout of the video board, if what I've been told is true, is pretty much a matter of programming and graphic design.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      From what I've been told, the new scoreboard is entirely a video board. So the layout of the video board, if what I've been told is true, is pretty much a matter of programming and graphic design.
                      Probably very similar to the new Cubs video boards (except for football). Being able to break up the video boards into different zones.
                      http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2015/...s-video-boards

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        These things I know for a fact.

1. I've been wrong before, and will be wrong again (I'm married[I have a wife])

2. The video board will be built by Daktronics.

3. We will know soon, but not soon enough if you ask me.

Comment

Does anyone know when they plan to install the artificial turf?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            For the 2016 season.

Comment

Grass for 1 more year, then the turf will come in with the completion of the west side grandstand.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Too soon. Seems to be an advantage for us so hate to see it go.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X