New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

OK, so I clarified a bit and the video portion should end up as 94'. So 120/140 does seem about right.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      Don't quote me but these boards are sometimes/often paid for through DSM (Dak Sports Marketing) they sell ads that pay for the board, and continue to after the cost has been covered (at which point it becomes shared revinue?)
      Someone on here likely knows more about this than I as this is hearsay.
      Oh okay thanks, I had forgotten about the marketing plans that go with the scoreboard. I think you answered my question. I should go buy some more Dakt stock, but got bills to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Oh okay thanks, I had forgotten about the marketing plans that go with the scoreboard. I think you answered my question. I should go buy some more Dakt stock, but got bills to pay.
        I do believe the old score board was purchased by SDSU and they sold the adds. That was part of the hold up getting the old score board instaled. Although, the norm is for DAK to do the selling as mentioned. Don't know if that's the same case with this new scoreboard? I would suspect with Learfield (sp) we may again be selling the adds vs DAK?

Curious question? Does anyone know what will become of the old scoreboard?

GBGBGJ

Comment

OK, so I clarified a bit and the video portion should end up as 94'. So 120/140 does seem about right.
          I like to think of it in yards - since that's how a football field is measured. The overall scoreboard size I am hearing will be 40 yards wide. A football field is 53.33 yards wide! 53.33 you ask? That must have been all the space they had available when they built the first one! Ha!

Anyway you measure it this thing will be huge!

GBGBGJ

Comment

As you look @ the SJAC (from the field) I'm told There will be a Larson logo on the upper LH a centered running "Jackrabbits" logo then a Sanford jackrabbit athletic complex on the RH with the Sanford as their logo.
            An athletics logo on the side in told not sure if both and a first bank and trust in the NW overhang. I think my source knows pretty well. So this should be fairly accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
              I do believe the old score board was purchased by SDSU and they sold the adds. That was part of the hold up getting the old score board instaled. Although, the norm is for DAK to do the selling as mentioned. Don't know if that's the same case with this new scoreboard? I would suspect with Learfield (sp) we may again be selling the adds vs DAK?

Curious question? Does anyone know what will become of the old scoreboard?

GBGBGJ

Daktronics Sports Marketing isn't the norm for schools. Generally those services are used by colleges and high schools who would be usually unable to afford such equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by MNTimberjack View Post
                Daktronics Sports Marketing isn't the norm for schools. Generally those services are used by colleges and high schools who would be usually unable to afford such equipment.
                I am sure you are correct in your comment, but the fact that the one at SDSU is going up on schedule is fine in my opinion. I had not heard anything about fund raising specifically for the scoreboard and was curious as to how it was being paid for. Daktronics is no doubt getting paid or has assurance that payment is forthcoming. If not, they would have not progressed as far as they have.

Comment

I'm no scoreboard expert, so take this with a large grain of salt; but based on slosho's info, which seems to be correct, I've made a mock-up of what the scoreboard could potentially look like. Again, I have no inside info, but from the photos, the concrete block area for the Pride just below the scoreboard is 54' wide (if you count the blocks). So it appears the scoreboard supports are approximately 40' apart - that gives you 120'. The horizontal steel appears to run past the supports by about 10', so 140' looks to be a real good number. If the video board is 94' feet centered in the middle, then it gives you 23' on either side for signage/ads/fixed scoreboard displays. Any way you look at it, this will be huge and the nicest scoreboard in the Valley.

new scoreboard mockup.jpg
                  If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MNTimberjack View Post
                    Thank you for the additional Information! I was not claiming much knowledge on that particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by WahpJack View Post
                      I'm no scoreboard expert, so take this with a large grain of salt; but based on slosho's info, which seems to be correct, I've made a mock-up of what the scoreboard could potentially look like. Again, I have no inside info, but from the photos, the concrete block area for the Pride just below the scoreboard is 54' wide (if you count the blocks). So it appears the scoreboard supports are approximately 40' apart - that gives you 120'. The horizontal steel appears to run past the supports by about 10', so 140' looks to be a real good number. If the video board is 94' feet centered in the middle, then it gives you 23' on either side for signage/ads/fixed scoreboard displays. Any way you look at it, this will be huge and the nicest scoreboard in the Valley.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]618[/ATTACH]

Nice mock-up, I do also know that there will be fixed digits displaying the score as there was on the last board. So no portion of the Video screen will be used for the standard score (unlike what is done in frost)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywIlSmlEwIA

timeline video from 9-11-14 to today.

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm excited!
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                            I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm excited!
                            So am I excited. Lets hope we snag a NC with this new stadium.

Comment

infrastructure a.jpg
                              The "infrastructure" below east bleachers has been underway.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

south view east.jpg
                                south view
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X