GAME DAY: Eastern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GAME DAY: Eastern Illinois

What AD Sells told us at an info meeting on the Indoor facility was that the admin at SDSU is building trust with the BOR by raising all the necessary funds ourselves. In this trust that we are building with BOR is the ability to do bond financing for the new staduim. With Bond financing, we will get all the money in one chunk so to build for 22,000, which I believe the master plan calls for is a realistic plan. With each winning team Coach Stig puts on the field, the interest and following will grow. I dont think we have to wait for SF to become 300,000, nor a 30,000 population in Brookings to fill the stands on game day, its about winning games and advancing into the playoffs that will fill the staduim.

Comment

20 or 30 years out? I suspect SDSU will be building for 50 years out, like it did with CAS, which suffers from a total lack of leg room for seated guests of any size and amenities such concession stands that are so crowded that people don't bother to stand to line to buy anything. Average attendance at CAS has more than doubled in the past decade alone. Don't be like Sioux Falls and build a beautiful new facility (events center) that will be too small the day after it opens.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
        Common sense says I hope we don't build a stadium in the future for 20-25,000 people. Is it possible that we could consistently fill the stadium and have the following that the Bison get? I hope so but I don't think so.
        Here is a little talked about fact regarding NDSU football - the Fargo Dome is too small for their football team. Their weekly attendance is capped at about 19,000. They had almost 17,000 show up to watch Prairie View A&M. There are a lot of NDSU fans who don't go to games because they simply can't get a ticket.

I think SDSU could easily average around 16,000 next year if we had a 20,000 seat stadium.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Here is a little talked about fact regarding NDSU football - the Fargo Dome is too small for their football team. Their weekly attendance is capped at about 19,000. They had almost 17,000 show up to watch Prairie View A&M.
          Not quite 17,000, but we'll take it!

DATE OPPONENT W/L SCORE ATTEND
          Sep 01, 2012 ROBERT MORRIS W 52-0 18769
          Sep 08, 2012 at Colorado State W 22-7 23567
          Sep 22, 2012 PRAIRIE VIEW A&M W 66-7 18623
          *Sep 29, 2012 at #14 UNI W 33-21 16008
          *Oct 06, 2012 #3 YOUNGSTOWN STATE W 48-7 19065
          *Oct 13, 2012 INDIANA STATE L 14-17 18164
          *Oct 20, 2012 vs South Dakota W 54-0 9269
          *Oct 27, 2012 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS W 23-17 18066
          *Nov 03, 2012 at Missouri State W 21-17 6253
          *Nov 10, 2012 #16 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE W 20-17 18721
          *Nov 17, 2012 at #11 Illinois State W 38-20 6793

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            Here is a little talked about fact regarding NDSU football - the Fargo Dome is too small for their football team. Their weekly attendance is capped at about 19,000. They had almost 17,000 show up to watch Prairie View A&M. There are a lot of NDSU fans who don't go to games because they simply can't get a ticket.I think SDSU could easily average around 16,000 next year if we had a 20,000 seat stadium.
            I agree and many in and out of the athletic department feel the same way about the attendance. It's not just build it and hope they come.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

With the Dykhouse that has limited standting room only areas and I feel that NDSU maybe next year could be a 16K game but We wont set a new attendance record untill we get a new stadium. Once we can fit more in the stadium comfortably with appropriate amenaties we will see a whole slew of new records for attendance. I still cant beleive we can only get 4300 for a playoff game when their are over 200K in an hour radius of brookings. So every single SDSU fan who was at hobo day and USD game only 4000 of them were available over thanksgiving weekend? Still bothers me but I am glad the team was happy because it was the best crowd i have seen in years regardless of the size. Section J was good, standing a lot and cheering. its a good section to be in.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

EIU vs SDSU highlights.

Beware: Highlights are a bit one sided. Makes it seem like Jacks won 58-10.

http://vimeo.com/54411452
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  20 or 30 years out? I suspect SDSU will be building for 50 years out, like it did with CAS, which suffers from a total lack of leg room for seated guests of any size and amenities such concession stands that are so crowded that people don't bother to stand to line to buy anything. Average attendance at CAS has more than doubled in the past decade alone. Don't be like Sioux Falls and build a beautiful new facility (events center) that will be too small the day after it opens.
                  The orignal CAS was built during a time where there was no American Disability Act which requires hand rails and a number of other codes were not in affect. I dont think the Admin is that stupid that they would repeat the same mistakes made in the early 1960's. I believe the new staduim will be built with the future in mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X