Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GAME DAY: Eastern Illinois

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Complete domination on both sides of the ball.

I read that "article" from EIU, and I'm sorry... I guess as an opposing fan, I'm probably taking it the wrong way.

But I thought their players sounded a bit disrespectful. talking about how they stopped the best rusher in their conference, so Zenner should be no trouble.

And how our defense, "They don't do anything we haven't seen before".

Well, how does 54-10 sound boys? that team tough enough for you? Maybe Zenner is a bit better, and maybe our oline is a bit better, and maybe, just maybe our "boring" defense, is just boring enough to hold you to your lowest point total of the year.

That was an butt-whooping in every sense of the word, and if we were one of the last two teams in the playoffs... the selection committee needs to get their heads set straight. USD played better than those guys.
    Not quite as bad as 58-10

Comment

These guys - Eastern Illinois - beat Southern Illinois by three touchdowns and lost to Illinois State by a field goal in OT. The Jacks are that good right now. Feel really good about their chances next week, and they should be going in with a chip on their shoulder about the seeding and pairings.

Comment

Was at the game and was really surprised at the attendance total when I looked it up. The main grandstand was filled and quite rowdy, but the visitors section, end zone, and student sections were scarce. I've been to games with 3X this amount of fans in attendance at CAS and the atmosphere wasn't as good as today, so congrats to everyone who was fortunate enough to made it!

Just an FYI, this is not a SDSU problem, as Thanksgiving weekend is an issue for even the attendance juggernauts in the FCS. When we played at Montana in 2009, they had roughly 19,000 when they averaged 25K+ for the season. NDSU had roughly 12,000 in 2010 for their first playoff game in the Fargodome, which is a far cry from the 19K they averaged on the season.

I think if we can sneak by the Bison next week there is a real possibility we could be hosting a 3rd round game, as both New Hampshire and Wofford don't draw well, and then the Jacks faithful will show their true colors.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Took my father, son, brother-in-law and nephew to the game. It was cold but fun.

SDSU played well, made few mistakes. EIU had no answer for the Jacks defense or offense. EIU's hurry up had little effect. The O-line was flat dominant. Knocked the Panthers on their can and stole their lunch money. It was a thing of beauty.

Now on to Fargo and beat the Bison.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Post-game report included the bad news that Tiefenthaler broke his collarbone. He's in the box score for one reception for 39 yards but it was a key play early in the game. His reception and effort to gain some additional yards may have been THE ignition point for the Jacks seizing control and momentum swinging to SDSU's side. When Tief got to his feet, it was clear something was wrong with his left arm...we guessed something like a 'stinger'...turns out it was worse--a season-ending collarbone break.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Post-game report included the bad news that Tiefenthaler broke his collarbone. He's in the box score for one reception for 39 yards but it was a key play early in the game. His reception and effort to gain some additional yards may have been THE ignition point for the Jacks seizing control and momentum swinging to SDSU's side. When Tief got to his feet, it was clear something was wrong with his left arm...we guessed something like a 'stinger'...turns out it was worse--a season-ending collarbone break.
              This hurts

Comment

I'm certain it does. It is not good for the team either.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  I just watched the press conference from their coach and he was more than complimentary.
                  What other option did he have? His team was dominated. I wonder if the selection committee considers this a signature win? GREAT JOB JACKS!

Comment

Since 2004 All FCS Playoff games hosted by MVC Teams:

2012: Eastern Illinois at South Dakota State: 4,367
                    2008: New Hampshire at Southern Illinois: 5,461
                    2006: UT-Martin at Southern Illinois: 5,694
                    2009: William & Mary at Southern Illinois: 5,860
                    2010: Lehigh at Northern Iowa: 5,990
                    2007: Eastern Illinois at Southern Illinois: 6,124
                    2009: Eastern Illinois at Southern Illinois: 6,391
                    2007: UMass at Southern Illinois: 6,560
                    2011: Wofford at Northern Iowa: 6,915
                    2004: Eastern Washington at Southern Illinois: 7,304
                    2005: Eastern Washington at Northern Iowa: 7,746
                    2008: Maine at Northern Iowa: 8,477
                    2008: New Hampshire at Northern Iowa: 9,055
                    2006: Illinois State at Youngstown State: 10,813
                    2007: Delaware at Southern Illinois: 11,503
                    2006: James Madison at Youngstown State: 11,627
                    2008: Richmond at Northern Iowa: 12,062
                    2010: Robert Morris at North Dakota State: 12,202
                    2007: Delaware at Northern Iowa: 15,803
                    2007: New Hampshire at Northern Iowa: 16,015
                    2011: James Madison at North Dakota State: 17,432
                    2011: Georgia Southern at North Dakota State: 18,101
                    2011: Lehigh at North Dakota State: 18,111
                    Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                    Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Originally posted by The Sports Block View Post

2012: Eastern Illinois at South Dakota State: 4,367
                      2008: New Hampshire at Southern Illinois: 5,461
                      2006: UT-Martin at Southern Illinois: 5,694
                      2009: William & Mary at Southern Illinois: 5,860
                      2010: Lehigh at Northern Iowa: 5,990
                      2007: Eastern Illinois at Southern Illinois: 6,124
                      2009: Eastern Illinois at Southern Illinois: 6,391
                      2007: UMass at Southern Illinois: 6,560
                      2011: Wofford at Northern Iowa: 6,915
                      2004: Eastern Washington at Southern Illinois: 7,304
                      2005: Eastern Washington at Northern Iowa: 7,746
                      2008: Maine at Northern Iowa: 8,477
                      2008: New Hampshire at Northern Iowa: 9,055
                      2006: Illinois State at Youngstown State: 10,813
                      2007: Delaware at Southern Illinois: 11,503
                      2006: James Madison at Youngstown State: 11,627
                      2008: Richmond at Northern Iowa: 12,062
                      2010: Robert Morris at North Dakota State: 12,202
                      2007: Delaware at Northern Iowa: 15,803
                      2007: New Hampshire at Northern Iowa: 16,015
                      2011: James Madison at North Dakota State: 17,432
                      2011: Georgia Southern at North Dakota State: 18,101
                      2011: Lehigh at North Dakota State: 18,111
                      Dead. Last. And by more than 1,000 fans. I stand by what I said, though I didn't have to be so heavy-handed, I guess. To not draw even 4,500 people with 200,000 people or more within an hour of the stadium is just plain ridiculous. Were people traveling for the holiday? Sure, of course. Especially students. But those of us who made it had obligations, too. It was just a sorry effort by our fan base. I don't know how anybody can argue otherwise. Folks in the athletic department who are being honest would tell you the same thing. The team deserved better support today. I knew we weren't going to draw 12,000 or even 10,000, but to get so few was a huge, huge disappointment, and Stig even mentioned it in the post-game interview. Again, I salute those who were there for being a great crowd and the team for a spectacular showing.

Guess we need a dome so everybody can be cozy and warm, eh? (That's sarcasm.)

Well, first place on this list will go down next week in Fargo. No question. That many tickets are already sold. Go, Jacks!
                      Last edited by JackFan96; 11-25-2012, 05:56 AM.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by The Sports Block View Post
                        Maybe SDSU should've reported tickets sold, like most of those schools.

Comment

Eiu worst tackling team I have ever seen. Great effort on our part but I think they made us look better then it should have been. Zenner was simply amazing. Crowd size sucked but the volume and the crowd was one of the best I have ever seen. Just wish the crowd intensity would carry over when we have 15000.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Great Game! I know it cost money to have it.....but 4900 screaming fans was much better than 15000 b$#tching about the cold and sitting on their hands! Still we needed it to be 10000, and the amount of people there was disappointing, now I know a Yote fan feels. I don't like it. I'm not saying it will be the last Tgiving weekend bid we get, but probably.......
                            (P.S. Don't give me this crap about people traveling and being with their families etc, or the cold, there are about 20000 people in Brookings, and 200,000 in SF. People come home as well to Brookings and Sioux Falls. People sit in 20 degree temps for hours to get an extra $20 off TVs, while their families sit at home or come along with them. Other people pay for the honor of sitting in a dugout to shoot a bird no one wants to eat, in the deep freeze. What a nice family tradition it would be to host a playoff game every year. I know I started mine this year with my kids, they're 5 and 6 and they sat there the whole time and didn't say word one about the cold, because I dressed them appropriately. The fan base needs to man up, the same $h!t you wear to shovel/blow snow/ride snowmobile/hunt goose is the same $h!t you wear to the game, pretty simple unless you just moved here from Florida).
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              Great Game! I know it cost money to have it.....but 4900 screaming fans was much better than 15000 b$#tching about the cold and sitting on their hands! Still we needed it to be 10000, and the amount of people there was disappointing, now I know a Yote fan feels. I don't like it. I'm not saying it will be the last Tgiving weekend bid we get, but probably.......
                              (P.S. Don't give me this crap about people traveling and being with their families etc, or the cold, there are about 20000 people in Brookings, and 200,000 in SF. People come home as well to Brookings and Sioux Falls. People sit in 20 degree temps for hours to get an extra $20 off TVs, while their families sit at home or come along with them. Other people pay for the honor of sitting in a dugout to shoot a bird no one wants to eat, in the deep freeze. What a nice family tradition it would be to host a playoff game every year. I know I started mine this year with my kids, they're 5 and 6 and they sat there the whole time and didn't say word one about the cold, because I dressed them appropriately. The fan base needs to man up, the same $h!t you wear to shovel/blow snow/ride snowmobile/hunt goose is the same $h!t you wear to the game, pretty simple unless you just moved here from Florida).
                              THIS!!!
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                                Yep!
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X