Playoff Picture/MVC AQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoff Picture/MVC AQ

Jacks will play Eastern Illinois in Brookings on Saturday at 2pm. Winner faces NDSU
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      I ran into one of the players last night after the game. I just said good game and asked where they thought they'd be. He said probably a home game next week or away the following week in December.
      Home vs Eastern Ill. Winner goes to NDSU?

GBGBGj

Comment

Regionalization wins out. At least we might get another crack at the Bison, but they get an extra week to prepare.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Jacks will play Eastern Illinois in Brookings on Saturday at 2pm. Winner faces NDSU
          I will be out of town. Anyone want to get mt tix on 27yd line 10 rows up. Let me know.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Another postseason bid for a Jackrabbit athletic team, another hose job by the NCAA.

Toughest strength of schedule out of all the At-Large teams with the same amount of wins or more as anyone one of them, and we have to play in the first round. Plus, out of all the teams placed in the first round with the exception of Villinova, the one we'd want to play the least is Eastern Illinois... and if we win that, our reward is a return trip to the Fargodome.

I try not to bitch too often, but this is just ridiculous.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

The toughest 2nd round matchup. Bison fans not amused either.

Comment

Honestly, I would imagine NDSU is just as upset as SDSU fans. Rivalry game, that SDSU had its chances to beat them in Fargo. Not to mention it is tough to beat teams twice in a row in D1 football.
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

[QUOTE=NDSUstudent;213444]The toughest 2nd round matchup. Bison fans not amused either.[/QUOTE

We have some comparisons here. Eastern Ill played two Missouri Valley teams. They lost two Ill State 54 to 51 in 2ots. and the beat Southern Ill 49 to 28. The Jacks were supposedly one of the last two teams to get into the playoffs.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post

We have some comparisons here. Eastern Ill played two Missouri Valley teams. They lost two Ill State 54 to 51 in 2ots. and the beat Southern Ill 49 to 28. The Jacks were supposedly one of the last two teams to get into the playoffs.

GBGBGJ
                    SDSU as the last one in tells me that beating a terrible MAC team (ISUr over EMU) is worth much more than losing to a terrible Big12 (Kansas beating us).

On the other hand, we made it in and have a home game. Put 10000+ in the stands for that on Thanksgiving weekend and I think we gain some serious hosting credibility in the future. Also, we're the best team playing into the seeds, which isn't favorable for NDSU even as the #1.

Comment

This Bison fan is not happy about the prospect of seeing the Jacks in Fargo for round 2. Respect. Good luck!

Comment

https://twitter.com/traviskriens/sta...41528935501824

- Nine straight non-conference road losses for Eastern Illinois. Last win was at Indiana State 31-0 Sept. 12th, 2009.
                        Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                        Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          Another postseason bid for a Jackrabbit athletic team, another hose job by the NCAA.

Toughest strength of schedule out of all the At-Large teams with the same amount of wins or more as anyone one of them, and we have to play in the first round. Plus, out of all the teams placed in the first round with the exception of Villinova, the one we'd want to play the least is Eastern Illinois... and if we win that, our reward is a return trip to the Fargodome.

I try not to bitch too often, but this is just ridiculous.
                          Wow Illinois St. gets a bye???????????? They finish behind us in the conference standings and they get a bye?????? Someone please explain that one to me-I would like to have someone from the NCAA explain that one to Jackrabbit fans. Just win and shut them up! NDSU does not want to face us again! Go Jacks!

Comment

They may have put some stock into Illinois State beating Eastern Illinois (OVC Champ) and a MAC team in Eastern Michigan.
                            Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                            Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

TV tweeted that according to the head man the Jacks were one of two last teams in.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                                TV tweeted that according to the head man the Jacks were one of two last teams in.
                                Says something about the qualifications of the selection committee.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X