Playoff Picture/MVC AQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoff Picture/MVC AQ

All we can do is win.......the rest is just mental masturbation over everybody else's agenda......Beat USD and the rest works itself out.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I know it would be terribly simplistic in the eyes of the almighty NCAAA, but why couldn't they just do a selection like:

Win your conference - in
      Win 10 DI games - in
      Win 9 DI games - in
      Win 8 DI games - Go by SOS, GPI, head to head, etc
      Win 7 DI games - If there are any spots left, go by same criteria as 8 win teams.

Then seed everyone out from there.

I bet they would be less controversy. Right now every team in the nation with 7 wins thinks they deserve 1 of 20 playoff spots.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        I know it would be terribly simplistic in the eyes of the almighty NCAAA, but why couldn't they just do a selection like:

Win your conference - in
        Win 10 DI games - in
        Win 9 DI games - in
        Win 8 DI games - Go by SOS, GPI, head to head, etc
        Win 7 DI games - If there are any spots left, go by same criteria as 8 win teams.

Then seed everyone out from there.

I bet they would be less controversy. Right now every team in the nation with 7 wins thinks they deserve 1 of 20 playoff spots.
        Because by doing this you just put a Lehigh team that didn't play a single top 25 team automatically into the playoffs. To add to that Lehigh is 0-1 vs the GPI top 50.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          Because by doing this you just put a Lehigh team that didn't play a single top 25 team automatically into the playoffs. To add to that Lehigh is 0-1 vs the GPI top 50.
          I'm OK with that. They're in the FCS, right? 9 or 10 win team deserves a shot, no matter who they've played, IMO.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm OK with that. They're in the FCS, right? 9 or 10 win team deserves a shot, no matter who they've played, IMO.
            They should be in over 8-3 SDSU because that could happen? We are talking about a team that didn't even play an FBS game....a game which typically results in a loss for 90% of the FCS teams that play them.

Comment

To add to it, the first part i am fine but with the qauilifing measure of SOS or GPI being top 25. so if you have 8 or 9 wins, it might not matter if your sos and or gpi are not good.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

They should be in over 8-3 SDSU because that could happen?
                How many 8 win teams will there be this year?

Both Lehigh and SDSU (likely) would be in the playoffs under my proposal.

Teams with 7 DI wins would have a hard time getting in (at least this year).

The current system creates controversy for about 15 teams. A more clear cut set of rules would create controversy for far fewer teams.

Comment

How many 8 win teams will there be this year?

Both Lehigh and SDSU (likely) would be in the playoffs under my proposal.

Teams with 7 DI wins would have a hard time getting in (at least this year).

The current system creates controversy for about 15 teams. A more clear cut set of rules would create controversy for far fewer teams.
                  There could be as many as 14 eight win or better teams in the at-large poll.

Then you also have some 7-3 teams with strong resumes.

Comment

There could be as many as 14 eight win or better teams in the at-large poll.

Then you also have some 7-3 teams with strong resumes.
                    Do you think more of those 14 eight win teams get hosed in the current system or by the one I proposed?

Actually, it probably works out about the same either way.

Comment

Do you think more of those 14 eight win teams get hosed in the current system or by the one I proposed

Actually, it probably works out about the same either way.
                      It might be about the same, that said I think if you added in the fact that the team must be in the top 25 of GP like a previous poster said I would like your idea more. I don't think Lehigh should automatically be put into the field when they didn't play a schedule that properly vetted them.

Thankfully the playoffs will expand next year and we can go back to debating which 7 win team belongs in and which one doesn't.

Comment

It might be about the same, that said I think if you added in the fact that the team must be in the top 25 of GP like a previous poster said I would like your idea more. I don't think Lehigh should automatically be put into the field when they didn't play a schedule that properly vetted them.

Thankfully the playoffs will expand next year and we can go back to debating which 7 win team belongs in and which one doesn't.
                        As long as both schools can get 8 or 9 wins that would be the best thing....
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

So what is the best outcome for Saturday? We win, Il St wins, and Ind St loses? That way it will be a 3 way tie for first in the valley. We share the title and there is no way they can leave out the 3 co-champs of the best conference in FCS is there? Now if IND St wins as well I can see that being a huge mess. I thought I read that someone was hoping NDSU would win. Am I wrong on this, if so, can you explain a better scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by JackItUp78 View Post
                            So what is the best outcome for Saturday? We win, Il St wins, and Ind St loses? That way it will be a 3 way tie for first in the valley. We share the title and there is no way they can leave out the 3 co-champs of the best conference in FCS is there? Now if IND St wins as well I can see that being a huge mess. I thought I read that someone was hoping NDSU would win. Am I wrong on this, if so, can you explain a better scenario.
                            A NDSU win and an ISU-b loss puts us in sole possession of 2nd place. You're scenario might be good too. I do think we're in with a good thrashing of our little brothers. A loss and we don't deserve a speck of consideration for playoffs and will really question my expenditure for season tickets for next year as well. Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

In the FCS rankings for this week we were at #23

#19 Indiana State lost
                              #15 Northern Arizona lost
                              #14 James Madison lost
                              #11 Illinois State lost
                              #9 Wofford lost
                              #7 New Hampshire lost
                              #6 Georgia Southern lost
                              #3 Sam Houston State lost

Comment

I ran into one of the players last night after the game. I just said good game and asked where they thought they'd be. He said probably a home game next week or away the following week in December.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X