Bison Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison Week

Identifying the visitor seating as crappy must have hit a nerve! It wasn't complaining: just an observation (which appears to have met with your agreement). I had stated that I've been to all the SDSU games in Fargo since the D1 move. I may be calling in for tickets Friday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Herd View Post
      -UNI. Endzone like the Fargodome

Humm I was just at the "UNIdome" (like you know actually in the building) and there is ZERO seating in the end zones.

http://www.vpaf.uni.edu/eventcomplex/unidome/images/footballseating.png

seems like someone is talking about that which they do not know, Just Saying...

A
      nd before you say anything about being near the endzone I would like to mention that the SDSU fans seats were in section S and T.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        Humm I was just at the "UNIdome" (like you know actually in the building) and there is ZERO seating in the end zones.

http://www.vpaf.uni.edu/eventcomplex/unidome/images/footballseating.png

seems like someone is talking about that which they do not know, Just Saying...

A
        nd before you say anything about being near the endzone I would like to mention that the SDSU fans seats were in section S and T.
        You are right, I didn't clarify. I meant endzone view on the sidelines for all locations. (What yard line are you seats on?--We are right at the endzone, that was the way I was looking at it)

And the last time I was at the UNI dome in September of 2010, my seats were in section U with other NDSU fans. That is what I was basing that on.
        "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
          What would you call CAS? Seriously...you could say football should be played outdoors, or make fun of the announcer, but calling it a dump? Please...you prolly have never been inside...likely with how few SDSU people travel. The Fargodome is a very nice facility. They could always do things to make it better, but there is absolutely nothing that would make it even a little "dump-like".
          Hey we know CAS is a absolute dump, but we are going to build a new stadium in the future and it will be the premier stadium in the conference. I always get a kick out of some Bison fans that think the Fargo Dome is the Taj Mahal. For the Bison it does give a strong home field advantage. Our dump, CAS, gives us a home field advantage, crowned grass field, the only grass field left in the conference. But as a guy who played at the Fargo Dome and many other fields, it was average at best 15 years ago. If you as Bison fans love it, great, who cares what we think (as a reminder, we think it is a dump and that your uniforms are hideous). You insult our fanbase, I insult your uniforms.

Comment

Just want to say may the best team win. For those Jacks fans that are making the trip I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the time spent tailgating and at the game regardless of who wins. Sounds like we may have some dicey weather come this weekend so if you are planning on making the trip travel safe and plan accordingly for the weather. Looking forward to the game and Saturday can't get here fast enough!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
              Hey we know CAS is a absolute dump, but we are going to build a new stadium in the future and it will be the premier stadium in the conference. I always get a kick out of some Bison fans that think the Fargo Dome is the Taj Mahal. For the Bison it does give a strong home field advantage. Our dump, CAS, gives us a home field advantage, crowned grass field, the only grass field left in the conference. But as a guy who played at the Fargo Dome and many other fields, it was average at best 15 years ago. If you as Bison fans love it, great, who cares what we think (as a reminder, we think it is a dump and that your uniforms are hideous). You insult our fanbase, I insult your uniforms.
              15 years ago I would agree the playing surface as average at best...but with the new playing surface I would like you to name a better venue in the conference?

As for your new stadium...when you have it you can brag about how good it is...until then...

As for uniforms...go ahead and insult the uniforms worn during a national championship win.

Comment

For us mediacom customers. $4/mo gets us the Alabama BB game on ESPNU friday night and the Dakota Marker game on Fox Sports-Central. Both channels are in the 170's unfortunately not in HD. But i'll take it none-the- less!Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Just watched Coach Bohl's presser from yesterday (on TV's blog).

He's a good guy.

I like this rivalry. No shame in losing to a program like NDSU.

That said... I'll be screaming bloody murder at the television on Saturday afternoon. (like that helps)

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    What would you call CAS? Seriously...you could say football should be played outdoors, or make fun of the announcer, but calling it a dump? Please...you prolly have never been inside...likely with how few SDSU people travel. The Fargodome is a very nice facility. They could always do things to make it better, but there is absolutely nothing that would make it even a little "dump-like".
                    CAS is a HUGE dump. Comparing the Fargodump to CAS does not mean it's not KIND of a dump.

Not that it matters, but I've had the quadruple exposure to the Fargodump experience. I've played there, watched a game from the sidelines with a torn MCL, watched on TV/Computer and watched from the stands. I know a thing or two about some things.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

• Re: Bison Week

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                      CAS is a HUGE dump. Comparing the Fargodump to CAS does not mean it's not KIND of a dump.

Not that it matters, but I've had the quadruple exposure to the Fargodump experience. I've played there, watched a game from the sidelines with a torn MCL, watched on TV/Computer and watched from the stands. I know a thing or two about some things.
                      I think you are missing something in this argument, and its probably due to it being one of the experiences you haven't had there.

The Fargo Dome is LITERALLY a dump. They dumped sand there to fill sandbags for the flood a few years back.

Not intended as smack or without tact to that whole situation, completely meant to be light-hearted.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                        What he said. Also, "THE MARCH IS ON" is kind of stupid. Technically, Bison don't march. They either graze, stand or stampede. I suppose you could argue they cantor or trot, but marching is not an applicable description of their actions. And, chanting about how the Sioux Suck when you're not playing them seems a little sad, too. You don't hear SDSU chanting about how USD sucks at their games, do you? We take the high road and just feel sorry for them.

Did I mention my home brew? Delicious.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

By the way, I just talked to Coach Stig's Beard (not Coach Stig, but his Beard). Coach Stig's Beard agrees the Fargodome is a dump. Guess that settles it.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                            What he said. Also, "THE MARCH IS ON" is kind of stupid....
                            You're being too nice. "The march is on" IS stupid. The PA announcer causes the game-day atmosphere in the FargoDome to be less than what it could be. I know many Bison fans who agree. (Although I think those people who are getting taking naps while at the games must depend on the announcer to wake them up once in a while.)

Comment

"The march is on" is part of tradition that includes national championships...not something you would understand. Cheap shot? Yes...but I think you guys can take it.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                For us mediacom customers. $4/mo gets us the Alabama BB game on ESPNU friday night and the Dakota Marker game on Fox Sports-Central. Both channels are in the 170's unfortunately not in HD. But i'll take it none-the- less!Go Jacks!!
                                2 bucks per win. Best deal of the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X