This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    I received a call from the ticket office today. It appears to me that they plan to be very fair and flexible in dealing with the payments made for this fall season
    Yes very flexible. I choose the donation option. Since I probably will be among
    the 7500 based on priority points, I just don't trust old man weather. I am not crazy about sitting outside in cold weather. I done it once and ended up in the hospital. I was concerned about the deductible of the donation after receiving a call on Monday as you did West River, so called them again for clarification this morning. The donation of ticket(s) is fully deductible since it will go directly to a fully tax deductible Athletic Directors fund. I had thought they might put it in the Jackrabbit Club fund in which case since you receive priority points and preferences is no longer deductible. This all matters if you do the long form for taxes. If you use the standard deduction method, different ball game.

Comment

• 2020(1) football schedule is out: https://gojacks.com/sports/football/schedule

Comment

• I wonder what the chances will be for visiting fans attending the games at UND/NDSU/UNI. I'd like to be in Grand Forks to experience the 8th wonder of the world that is the Aleurus Center/Canada Inn Bar/Waterpark combo. In February, that would be a pretty good way to do gameday and not step outside.

Comment

• Looking at our four game home schedule in the spring. I'm putting up an early number of 20,000 fans - for the regular season. Are you taking the over or under on that? (I'm making the assumption that fans will be allowed as they allow respective schools to follow local governance.)

Listed below are the scheduled games with what the temperatures were for those March dates in 2020.
          • 3/13/2021 vs. YSU (36/23 for high/low temps in 2020)
          • 3/20/2021 vs. WIU (26/11)
          • 3/27/2021 vs. ISU Blue (52/33)
          • 4/10/2021 vs. USD (51/21)

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            Looking at our four game home schedule in the spring. I'm putting up an early number of 20,000 fans - for the regular season. Are you taking the over or under on that? (I'm making the assumption that fans will be allowed as they allow respective schools to follow local governance.)

Listed below are the scheduled games with what the temperatures were for those March dates in 2020.
            I worry about getting the field ready and cleaned off enough. A power run game might be a good game plan.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
              Looking at our four game home schedule in the spring. I'm putting up an early number of 20,000 fans - for the regular season. Are you taking the over or under on that? (I'm making the assumption that fans will be allowed as they allow respective schools to follow local governance.)

I'll go with barely over. Games 1-3 bring in 12,000 fans (combined) and the USD finale has 9,000. I'm open to trying about anything, but football in the spring will sure feel strange but it will nicely fill the void left post-basketball. It will be interesting to see if anyone beyond the die-hards pays attention.

Comment

• An interesting point will be that FCS football will be the biggest football thing going in the spring. I wonder how that will play nationally, with all of the football fans looking for something to watch post-Super Bowl.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Sports fans might be more interested in March Madness than spring football

Comment

• Sports fans might be more interested in March Madness than spring football

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                      I wonder what the chances will be for visiting fans attending the games at UND/NDSU/UNI. I'd like to be in Grand Forks to experience the 8th wonder of the world that is the Aleurus Center/Canada Inn Bar/Waterpark combo. In February, that would be a pretty good way to do gameday and not step outside.
                      Not so good! This Saturday NDSU plays Central Arkansas and they are limiting to players families. The curve could flatten between now and spring. I suspect that may not happen. I believe NDSU has plans of a 8500 limit on spring games. I suspect the Teammakers will gooble up those 8500.

Comment

• Was trying to see what Fargo media was saying about USD Covid situation, and found this re. Bison not playing UNI beginning next year. Anyone know how long they'll avoid playing each other?

Comment

• Hmmm. I was under the impression that all the Western schools would be on each other's schedule every year, and that two eastern schools would rotate off every year.

Comment

Hmmm. I was under the impression that all the Western schools would be on each other's schedule every year, and that two eastern schools would rotate off every year.
                            If FBSchedules is accurate, it looks like it's a two year hiatus (2022-23) with the Bison playing UNI again in 2024 and 2025.

Comment

Hmmm. I was under the impression that all the Western schools would be on each other's schedule every year, and that two eastern schools would rotate off every year.
                              Conference membership has changed a bit. I wonder how much that changed these rotation rules.
                              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

• Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post

Conference membership has changed a bit. I wonder how much that changed these rotation rules.
                                Right. That's why I was under that impression though. Seems like I recall that the Western Valley schools would be guaranteed to play every team within their "pod" every year while the eastern schools did the same. For NDSU, that would mean games against UNI, UND, SDSU, USD, and WIU every year. The whole issue with UND coming in was that there were going to be years where ISUr or YSU didn't play SDSU/NDSU in the same season, giving the eastern schools an easier path to a conference championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X