Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Schedules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Future Schedules

    Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    We just better make sure you win that "good home FCS" game because its you lose that and the FBS game it won't give you much room for error. Of course, they would be quality losses for you were a bubble team.
    If we cant beat a good OOC team at home consistently then it doesn't really matter as far as seeding goes. Its good to test your self but also give your self some games like drake or a cupcake too.

    also I would be instead of a FBS, since we had an FBS game this year I don't mind our OOC games, but if we didn't have the gophers it would have been nice to get a consistently better program to come to Brookings, and I don't care if its a home and away contract say with Montana state to make that happen.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

    Comment


    • Re: Future Schedules

      Originally posted by goon View Post
      If we cant beat a good OOC team at home consistently then it doesn't really matter as far as seeding goes. Its good to test your self but also give your self some games like drake or a cupcake too.

      also I would be instead of a FBS, since we had an FBS game this year I don't mind our OOC games, but if we didn't have the gophers it would have been nice to get a consistently better program to come to Brookings, and I don't care if its a home and away contract say with Montana state to make that happen.
      Yes! I was going to go back and change it. I'd rather see the good home game than worry about losing it. I actually think we should have more of them instead of this many cupcake games. If we have one cupcake game a year (which is what we normally have for an 11 game season) that is enough or too many already. I'm almost in the camp that even if you only have 5 home games every 3 years or so, it's worth it to have good games at home.

      This years home games would have been a Big Sky FCS team and a cupcake. That makes it only one home cupcake game. I can handle that. That would mean you have a good non-conference game at home. Of course, the only way we could schedule this game is because we had a 12 game season. We got two home games against Drake because we had a 12 game season so we could justify playing them on the road.

      Comment


      • Re: Future Schedules

        Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        Yes! I was going to go back and change it. I'd rather see the good home game than worry about losing it. I actually think we should have more of them instead of this many cupcake games. If we have one cupcake game a year (which is what we normally have for an 11 game season) that is enough or too many already. I'm almost in the camp that even if you only have 5 home games every 3 years or so, it's worth it to have good games at home.

        This years home games would have been a Big Sky FCS team and a cupcake. That makes it only one home cupcake game. I can handle that. That would mean you have a good non-conference game at home. Of course, the only way we could schedule this game is because we had a 12 game season. We got two home games against Drake because we had a 12 game season so we could justify playing them on the road.
        I am totally good with us going on the road to drake also. Honor the 2 for 1 year we had. It would have been a rather easy road win and I think its important to hold up our contracts with smaller schools like that. not just buy them out like many schools do. But since drake wanted to play in brookings apparently its hard to turn down another home game so that skews the OOC home games schedule.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

        Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

        Comment


        • Re: Future Schedules

          I dont think it is a matter of trading this opponent for that opponent. We lucky to get what we can. If we can get 6 home games more power to the scheduling staff. Our choices are often limited.

          Comment


          • Re: Future Schedules

            Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

            Even year: 1 FBS, 1 good FCS home game, 1 home cupcake (6 home games)
            Odd year: 2 home cupcakes, 1 good road FCS game (6 home games, no FBS)
            My concern is how does this help our seeding at the end of the year? I understand the want to have better games to watch. However, if NDSU continues their run and the Jacks can't manage a #2 seed, it is all a bit moot in the long run.

            Or, Stig needs to learn how to win on the road deep in the playoffs, that fixes things too.
            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

            Comment


            • Re: Future Schedules

              Our margin for error in seeding is small with NDSU's consistent run. No problem with FBS on the road and two cupcakes at home before a tough conference schedule.

              Comment


              • Re: Future Schedules

                Tartleton State on 2020 schedule. Is this another 12 game schedule year or are they taking the place of Dixie St?

                https://twitter.com/TarletonSports/s...64902817267714

                Comment


                • Re: Future Schedules

                  Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Tartleton State on 2020 schedule. Is this another 12 game schedule year or are they taking the place of Dixie St?

                  https://twitter.com/TarletonSports/s...64902817267714
                  According to the TSU website, the game is in Brookings on 11/14/20, meaning that Ficie State must have been rescheduled or bought out. We were set to play DSU on 11/14, so that game appears to have been replaced with Tarleton.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Future Schedules

                    Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                    According to the TSU website, the game is in Brookings on 11/14/20, meaning that Ficie State must have been rescheduled or bought out. We were set to play DSU on 11/14, so that game appears to have been replaced with Tarleton.
                    Just play a double header then you can have a 12 game schedule with them.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Future Schedules

                      Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Tartleton State on 2020 schedule. Is this another 12 game schedule year or are they taking the place of Dixie St?

                      https://twitter.com/TarletonSports/s...64902817267714
                      That’s going to be a tough draw? Maybe 2,000?
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

                      Comment


                      • Re: Future Schedules

                        I had no idea who Tarleton State was so I consulted the Intertubes . . . the Texans (aayup, Texans) are reclassing to D-I and FCS, going into the WAC and FCS independent.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

                        Comment


                        • Re: Future Schedules

                          Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          According to the TSU website, the game is in Brookings on 11/14/20, meaning that Ficie State must have been rescheduled or bought out. We were set to play DSU on 11/14, so that game appears to have been replaced with Tarleton.
                          Dixie St is now 10/2/21. Or were they scheduled for two home games already?

                          11 games schedules completed through 2022 season. Each season w/ 6 home games.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Future Schedules

                            Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Dixie St is now 10/2/21. Or were they scheduled for two home games already?

                            11 games schedules completed through 2022 season. Each season w/ 6 home games.
                            They had other Dixie State games scheduled besides the one next season, so I'm guessing the 2021 game was already on the books.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Future Schedules

                              Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Our margin for error in seeding is small with NDSU's consistent run. No problem with FBS on the road and two cupcakes at home before a tough conference schedule.
                              I agree. That's essentially how NDSU does it. Set yourself up to do well in the conference and seeding will take care of itself.
                              This space for lease.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Future Schedules

                                Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                I had no idea who Tarleton State was so I consulted the Intertubes . . . the Texans (aayup, Texans) are reclassing to D-I and FCS, going into the WAC and FCS independent.
                                It’s odd that they are not headed to the Southland conference.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X