This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post

I believe you are referring to November 19th. Since you made this post it was announced that our women's basketball team will be playing on that date in the Bahamas in the Battle 4 Atlantis. Now we can all go to the Bahamas and not feel like we are abandoning the football team in the final week of the season.
    Now there's a "rum & Coke (or, in my case, Barq's) glass half full" perspective

Comment

• Jacks add Cowboys in 2024, in lieu of Huskers (who delay what would have been their third contest vs. Jacks this millenium to 2030). Jacks are still trying to add FBS opponents in 2023 & 2025.
      Last edited by jakejc795; 07-14-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• I see that Montana State plans to be back at the DJD on September 9, 2023. Does anyone know anything about other out-of-conference games for 2023? FBS game?
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

• Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          I see that Montana State plans to be back at the DJD on September 9, 2023. Does anyone know anything about other out-of-conference games for 2023? FBS game?
          The open 9/2/23 date has been mentioned on a couple podcasts Zim has participated in, alluding to likelihood Jacks add a game that weekend.

I suspect a Lindenwood return might be likely, as they have that date open too.

As for FBS, I'd love to see Jacks play Middies, even if it'd mean loss of home game versus Lindenwood-caliber opponent.

Comment

• Forgot that Lindenwood is D1 now so that would be a counter right? Even if they are in their transition?

I’d guess it’d be hard to schedule an FBS this late but hopefully the Jacks can find someone for 9/2 or else they’ll have 11 straight games again.

Comment

• Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              Forgot that Lindenwood is D1 now so that would be a counter right? Even if they are in their transition?

I’d guess it’d be hard to schedule an FBS this late but hopefully the Jacks can find someone for 9/2 or else they’ll have 11 straight games again.
              Yes, I believe their transition ends in 2026.

Tommies may be another option, if Jacks want to risk in-state consternation, although I suspect payout may be steeper due to it involving them losing home game versus BHSU.

Current schedule has open dates on Sept. 2nd, 16th, and 23rd, so assuming they add game on 9/2, they'd have bye and additional off week between games. Curious why Bobcat game 9/9 still isn't being listed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Yes, I believe their transition ends in 2026.

Tommies may be another option, if Jacks want to risk in-state consternation, although I suspect payout may be steeper due to it involving them losing home game versus BHSU.

Current schedule has open dates on Sept. 2nd, 16th, and 23rd, so assuming they add game on 9/2, they'd have bye and additional off week between games. Curious why Bobcat game 9/9 still isn't being listed.
                FBSchedules website also lists Drake as a returning opponent for next year, game scheduled for Sept 16.

No late-season byes for any MVFC teams, with the latest potential of WIU being week 5/Sept30.

Comment

• Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

FBSchedules website also lists Drake as a returning opponent for next year, game scheduled for Sept 16.

No late-season byes for any MVFC teams, with the latest potential of WIU being week 5/Sept30.
                  Drake makes sense. Looks like they'll play early 2025 too.

Guess that means bye will be 9/23.

Comment

• Came across this, it appears some people want an SDSU vs SDSU. It would be great to get an FBS next year.

https://chng.it/GRBhTdNW

Comment

• Jacks will face Drake on September 16 at Target Field in Minneapolis. I would have to think they have a home game lined up on the 2nd. They just haven’t announced it yet.

Comment

Jacks will face Drake on September 16 at Target Field in Minneapolis. I would have to think they have a home game lined up on the 2nd. They just haven’t announced it yet.
                        That doesnt excite me that much to drive that far vs Drake.

Comment

Jacks will face Drake on September 16 at Target Field in Minneapolis. I would have to think they have a home game lined up on the 2nd. They just haven’t announced it yet.
                          I'm leaning toward Lindenwood.

Too bad the Twins don't have home game on 15th or 17th. Would've been awesome to have SDSU Night that weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'm leaning toward Lindenwood.

Too bad the Twins don't have home game on 15th or 17th. Would've been awesome to have SDSU Night that weekend.
                            They likely need a few days to get the field in shape for baseball again.

Comment

• Zimmer said NDSU played Butler there in 2019 and had 34,000. It would be nice to have a crowd around there.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

They likely need a few days to get the field in shape for baseball again.
                                I know -- completely wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

Working...
                                X