Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIU - Hall of Fame Game

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
    Receivers aren't fast enough is not a reason for our passing game not being where it needs to be. If that were the case how in the world did Chris Carter ever get open in the NFL?
    The Vikings gave him enough time to shake his man, or find the open field.plus, Chris Carter was Chris Carter.Summners receivers aren't afforded the luxury of having that amount of time.That's exactly my point.Run plays according to the players you have,not just run plays because they're "supposed" to work ,and 90% of the time they don't because of the personnel we have or the protection afforded to the qb to wait til someone gets open,we don't seem to have much time on pass plays this year, and when we do, the receivers can't get open.....I'll shut up now if people are satisfied with the status quo of the passing game as it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      Good game. The crowd seemed to be into it, and the game moved at a good pace. Loved the flyover pregame. That was great for military appreciation day. But I disagree with JackJD. I think they were supposed to come over just after the playing of the national anthem, so I think there was a glitch in the timing. But it all worked out well enough. And I'm just speculating on the timing.
      As I think about it, you're probably correct on the flyover. Seems like in all other cases I can think of, the jets blast by just as the anthem is finishing. In any event, it was cool. I could watch those jets all day long.

Comment

Meh, who cares about the timing........we are the only one of the big Dakota schools that that can enjoy a sweet flyover inside the confines of our stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I could watch those jets all day long.
          From my office, some days it seems like I do.

The noise gets a bit old after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Our receivers aren't fast enough to break coverage,instead they run up to the coverage turn or cut and the defenders right on his butt,by then,summners already had his 2 or 3 sec's of pass blocking protection,and the protection starts to break down,all he see's are receivers with someone right on his butt.He either tries to force something,or takes off running, usually right into a defender.The complete passing game has to be re-evaluated,it's not working too well,IMO.I think we have to match the pass routes to the personnel we have catching passes and the amount of time the QB has to throw.I'm not one to put it all on the QB's back.It's a team sport, and everyone has to do their job.It's too easy to just blame the QB when things aren't working,there's other factors that aren't being scrutinized,it's just blame the QB.I really don't want to see Summner throw the ball away 20 times a game either because the passing game isn't working,do you?Sorry for the rant,but sometimes people need a different perspective to consider.
            Wr's aren't fast enough? C'mon People have been talking about this for years- very rarely do we challenge the DB's deep- they watch a ton of film and KNOW that our coordinator has the dink and dunk passing game- if u r a DB and see that we rarely throw the ball deep, heck- just sit on our short routes- A DB has to know that a WR can run by him- if he's ever challenged he'll continue to sit and pick off passes and return them to the end zone!

Comment

I thought the attendance was ok. Actually, considering how bad the forecast looked all week I was glad to see that many. I know of a lot of people that made other plans becaue it was supposed to rain. Personally I think that is a terrible excuse but not everyone is as into it as me.

Thumbs up to special teams! Defense unreal again! Zenner zenned! Passing game the one thing we haven't seen at full-throttle. It'll come and we'll need it in these next three weeks!

It was truly a glorious day! Everyone lost, it was perfect outside, and the Jacks got another W!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Agree with others, attendance numbers weren't that impressive given the beautiful day but it was a great crowd.

Watched the game with a former TE and DB. Both felt that our coaches were holding back on play calls. They wanted to see more play action and more plays outside the tackle. Maybe even a traditional RB screen play instead of our standard read draw/delay.

Sumner was 5/6 passing when under center in a more traditional offensive set. He doesn't seem to read the defense as well or find the pocket when in the pistol formation. When he gets the time to drop back and make some reads off the defenders first moves he seems more confident and on Saturday had most of his success under center.

Its clear that Stig is going to rely on the defense to keep SDSU in games. If the kicking game is as strong as it was Saturday, penalties are minimal and indeed the passing game evolves this team will not go down to defeat easily anytime or anywhere.

As for the return game, how is Kool not getting some touches on punt returns? Schneider can catch the ball but that is it. How many teams have a 6'4" punt returner? There is almost never any pressure on the punter so returns must be getting set-up. I think Kool needs to be the primary punt return guy.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Kool's opening-kickoff runback was played on the Jackrabbit Insider last evening and Tyler M noted the guy who won the ATV was in the clip...there he was, in the upper corner of the clip, adjacent to the ATV he won which was parked to the east of the endzone. He was jumping up and down --- pretty good scene.

For those who weren't at the game and may not have heard about it: The announcer noted a couple of minutes before the kickoff, that if the Jackrabbits ran the kick back for a TD, an ATV would be given away. Then they announced the name of the guy who stood to win the ATV.

After the game, Kool said something like 'when he heard they were giving away an ATV to a contestant if the kickoff was run back, well, he just had to get it done.'

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
                    Wr's aren't fast enough? C'mon People have been talking about this for years- very rarely do we challenge the DB's deep- they watch a ton of film and KNOW that our coordinator has the dink and dunk passing game- if u r a DB and see that we rarely throw the ball deep, heck- just sit on our short routes- A DB has to know that a WR can run by him- if he's ever challenged he'll continue to sit and pick off passes and return them to the end zone!
                    This week, we actually took a number of shots downfield. None were completed. And I don't think any were open. I do think not having a true threat in the receiving corps is a significant part of our problems with the passing game.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

• Re: WIU - Hall of Fame Game

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Kool's opening-kickoff runback was played on the Jackrabbit Insider last evening and Tyler M noted the guy who won the ATV was in the clip...there he was, in the upper corner of the clip, adjacent to the ATV he won which was parked to the east of the endzone. He was jumping up and down --- pretty good scene.

For those who weren't at the game and may not have heard about it: The announcer noted a couple of minutes before the kickoff, that if the Jackrabbits ran the kick back for a TD, an ATV would be given away. Then they announced the name of the guy who stood to win the ATV.

After the game, Kool said something like 'when he heard they were giving away an ATV to a contestant if the kickoff was run back, well, he just had to get it done.'
                      Everyone talks about our "lack of speed" at WR. It seems Kool had plenty of speed on that kickoff return.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

• Re: WIU - Hall of Fame Game

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Everyone talks about our "lack of speed" at WR. It seems Kool had plenty of speed on that kickoff return.
                        Not to mention Tiefenthaler is averaging 30 yards per kickoff return...
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                        X