• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIU - Hall of Fame Game

Thanks for the updates.

Comment

Sole possession of first place in the Mizzou Valley...yeah, that'll do.

Comment

So our defense is giving up 5.4 points/game in FCS play (3 defensive TDs against the Jacks this year).

That is all.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Nice win. Zenner is amazing. Simply amazing. Our defense is amazing just the same. Shut down western onlu giving up a FG. Its wierd to think our offense gave up more points then the defense. Wish sumner would cut out the int. The first one was mis communication it seems but the second one was focred into heavy coverage. Zenner was just bidding his time and did the usual 2 long TD runs. The defense plays with in enegery we haven't seen since batten was still here. Next week is the most important game of the year. A win at uni would be huge and would keep us in first place the second half of the year we play some tough teams so we will see what this sdsu team is made out of.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Looking at NDSU in the rearview mirrow in mid-October; we'll take that! The running game and the defense continue to amaze and we have won the games we should win (ugly or not). How many other Valley teams can say that at this point? The degree of difficulty will increase substantially for the next several weeks, but we're in great shape right now.

Comment

How about some love for the special teams. Vast improvement since the first home game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                So our defense is giving up 5.4 points/game in FCS play (3 defensive TDs against the Jacks this year).

That is all.
                Them 'boys are playin' some fantastic ball, this is for sure.

At the start of the season if you'da said Sumner would have what....5 tds and 11 ints and we'd be 5-1, I'da laughed at you.

The coming weeks will be *very* interesting. The "easy" games are now in our rear view mirror.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Defense is clicking, parts of the special teams seems to be doing fine (other parts could use some work), the running game is awesome, just need to figure out the passing game. I don't care if Sumner is not 100%, he needs to make the throws, can't keep relying on turnovers, special teams, and long Zenner runs, especially with the schedule getting tougher.

A win is a win though, no matter how ugly they are.

Comment

Here is an ESPN video of Zenner's 60 yard run:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8502109
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Here's a video of the pick Sumner threw in the endzone.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=322872571

(the 3rd Qtr, 4:04 video.)

Staring at his primary receiver, like he's got a giant mole on his neck.

You can see the safety that eventually makes the pick break to where he's staring.

If Sumner "checks down" or whatever at that point, to the reciever (Rollin) on the side the safety just abandoned, it's an easy TD.

Easy to see from here, not so easy to see in the game I guess.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by blueblood View Post
                        how about some love for the special teams. Vast improvement since the first home game.
                        xoxoxo
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

My observations from the game:
                          Very good to excellent game-day experience from tailgating to the intro/team entrance...
                          Who was in charge of weather: they deserve a big raise! Hard to recall more comfortable weather for an evening game in October.
                          Very little to criticize in the game itself. Special teams did their jobs well. Defense was outstanding. Offense was good and showed signs of "very good". There's ample proof the passing game is improving as Sumner's thumb heals.

T. Kool -- was he fun to watch! ZZ was fabulous.

Hope Andy Mink's knee is okay. We're getting a little dinged up but it's clear we have depth.

WIU played like a very good, upper-MVFC team and I think they deserve to be considered as an upper-half team. I watched last weekend's game between USD and WIU and WIU was a completely different team today. In the end -- great sportsmen too, no chippiness as the writing started to appear on the wall in the second half. The 'necks continued to play very hard and to play to win.

I walked out of CAS after that game with a big smile. That was a satisfying win over a very good opponent on a day in which the MVFC turned upside down for everyone else.

If anyone thinks this was an ugly win, I think they're wrong. This was a good win against a good team and at times we played very good football. One of the two interceptions was partly miscommunication and partly a heads-up read by the DB and the other interception in the end zone was an athletic, highlight-film quality, one-hand snatch by the DB that was a thing of beauty for WIU fans and any non-committed observers.

I'm proud of the Jacks...great game!

Comment

(insert non-sensical bitching and nit-picking here). Awesome we're 5-1! Very happy!
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              My observations from the game:
                              Very good to excellent game-day experience from tailgating to the intro/team entrance...
                              Who was in charge of weather: they deserve a big raise! Hard to recall more comfortable weather for an evening game in October.
                              Very little to criticize in the game itself. Special teams did their jobs well. Defense was outstanding. Offense was good and showed signs of "very good". There's ample proof the passing game is improving as Sumner's thumb heals.

T. Kool -- was he fun to watch! ZZ was fabulous.

Hope Andy Mink's knee is okay. We're getting a little dinged up but it's clear we have depth.

WIU played like a very good, upper-MVFC team and I think they deserve to be considered as an upper-half team. I watched last weekend's game between USD and WIU and WIU was a completely different team today. In the end -- great sportsmen too, no chippiness as the writing started to appear on the wall in the second half. The 'necks continued to play very hard and to play to win.

I walked out of CAS after that game with a big smile. That was a satisfying win over a very good opponent on a day in which the MVFC turned upside down for everyone else.

If anyone thinks this was an ugly win, I think they're wrong. This was a good win against a good team and at times we played very good football. One of the two interceptions was partly miscommunication and partly a heads-up read by the DB and the other interception in the end zone was an athletic, highlight-film quality, one-hand snatch by the DB that was a thing of beauty for WIU fans and any non-committed observers.

I'm proud of the Jacks...great game!
                              I agree with everything that JackJD said about the game. I would point out that the two WIU running backs, neither being a slouch, managed only 75 yards rushing. Our D guys seemed to key on these guys all night, particularily Nikko Watson No 38. Coach Brubak and his staff were well prepared for these guys.

Comment

Yesterday's game was also Military Appreciation Day. The Air National Guard out of Sioux Falls performed a perfectly-timed four-jet flyover as the public address announcer intro'd the national anthem.

Comment

Working...
                                X