This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tix exchange - A stuck thread

Has anyone else on the board had a case where they sold tickets to a board member and never received payment? I sold 4 football playoff tickets (50 yd line) against Villanova. Because I wasn't able to meet up with this person I sent the tickets electronically , trusting this person would send me a check in the mail. Yet have I received payment. I have tried to correspond with this person and they have ignored an email and 2 private messages. I take full responsibility for a being a trusting person. Never again will I sell tickets and not receive payment ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Has anyone else on the board had a case where they sold tickets to a board member and never received payment? I sold 4 football playoff tickets (50 yd line) against Villanova. Because I wasn't able to meet up with this person I sent the tickets electronically , trusting this person would send me a check in the mail. Yet have I received payment. I have tried to correspond with this person and they have ignored an email and 2 private messages. I take full responsibility for a being a trusting person. Never again will I sell tickets and not receive payment ahead of time.
      Sure have. PM me and I'll tell you more.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I think you need to identify said person so someone else doesn't get taken.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Good idea. I have purchased tickets from several people and I would not like to be lumped in with someone who has stolen tickets.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Good idea. I have purchased tickets from several people and I would not like to be lumped in with someone who has stolen tickets.
            I can vouch for OldHare and Southeast. I've sold tickets to them more than once and received prompt payment EVERY time.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I want to give this person the benfit of the doubt (they forgot to send check, was on vacation, a miscommunication, etc.) before I throw them under the bus. But if I need to I will expose them.

It wasn't Filbert as he paid me in cold hard cash.

Comment

Maybe using the "Ticket Advance" feature from the Jacks ticketing site could be a safer option. Can't say I've ever tried it myself, but it might alleviate freeloading

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  I can vouch for OldHare and Southeast. I've sold tickets to them more than once and received prompt payment EVERY time.
                  Why thank you. However, I wanted my money back after seeing the Green Bay game last week!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    Maybe using the "Ticket Advance" feature from the Jacks ticketing site could be a safer option. Can't say I've ever tried it myself, but it might alleviate freeloading
                    That would work but that feature on the Jacks ticketing site just transfers already bought tickets. So their still has to be an exchange of money between the buyer and seller.

Comment

Well I have continued to try and get a response and/or receive payment for the 4 football playoff tickets I sold to a board member. No response to private messages and no payment in the mail.

On 11/21 (Monday) I let everyone know on the board I had 4 tickets (on 50 yd line) available for purchase ($188) and to PM me if interested. I received PM from "leeshajo" that afternoon she was interested and she didn't have funds available until pay day. I told her the tickets were hers and she could pay me when I gave them to her. No worries. We could work out where I could meet up with her after I got out of the Men's BBall game and before the Football game. We exchanged cell phone numbers and I gave her my email. I then found a way to send her electronic copies of the tickets. I asked for her email and said I would send the tickets electronically. Leeshajo sent me her email and asked if she should pay me at the football game or send it in the mail. I sent the tickets to leeshajo to her email and told her if we didn't meet up at the game I gave her my address for payment That was the last I heard from Leeshajo.

I sent her a PM asking if she got my email with the tickets attached, due to not hearing back from her. No response.
                      I sent her an email asking for payment and gave her my address again. No response.
                      I sent another PM letting her know I hoped I didn't get duped. No response.
                      I sent another PM letting her know that if I didn't get a response from her I was going to expose her in this thread so it didn't happen to anyone else. No response.

Never again will I sell tickets to "leeshajo" and I will be less trustworthy selling tickets to others on this board based on this experience. I still don't know if there are circumstances that I am unaware due to no correspondence after I emailed the tickets.

Comment

Could he/she be ill or something? Just asking. I always thought he/she made some very interesting comments. I am surprised that this person is the one who apparently did not keep their obligation. Her last post was on November 20, 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Could he/she be ill or something? Just asking. I always thought he/she made some very interesting comments. I am surprised that this person is the one who apparently did not keep their obligation.
                          If the ticket email did not bounce back, the delivery was completed. It takes about 10 seconds to find a wrong email.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Could he/she be ill or something? Just asking. I always thought he/she made some very interesting comments. I am surprised that this person is the one who apparently did not keep their obligation. Her last post was on November 20, 2016.
                            I don't know due to no response. Her last login to the forum was this afternoon.

"Last Activity Today 01:10 PM"

Comment

I don't know due to no response. Her last login to the forum was this afternoon.

"Last Activity Today 01:10 PM"
                              Oh oh!!!! He/she needs to be honest with you.

Comment

Oh oh!!!! He/she needs to be honest with you.
                                If I was having cash flow problems and could not pay someone, I would not hesitate to respond to you or anyone else telling why. UWM and SDSU is a very frank and honest individual so I have found out from this board. I dont think he deserves this.

Comment

Working...
                                X