Spring Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Ball

Kirk Cousins, was a three year captain at Michigan State, elected by his teammates. I think it's a great sign his peers feel this way.

Comment

Star player does not a good leader make. I like the idea of younger guys getting a chance to be captains.

Comment

Its a captain spot. I don't really think its a big deal. The bigger question is whether or not they become leaders once given that position.

I really don't think its a big deal...... at the end of the day you have to score touchdowns on offense, and stop them on defense..... you don't do that and it won't matter who your captains are

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          Its a captain spot. I don't really think its a big deal. The bigger question is whether or not they become leaders once given that position.

I really don't think its a big deal...... at the end of the day you have to score touchdowns on offense, and stop them on defense..... you don't do that and it won't matter who your captains are
          I couldn't disagree more. It may not effect a particular play on the field in a specific game, but for seniors to be electing a sophomore as Captain is a big deal in the respect they give him. It may be no big deal to the fans but I can guarantee you it's a big deal to those players.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
            I couldn't disagree more. It may not effect a particular play on the field in a specific game, but for seniors to be electing a sophomore as Captain is a big deal in the respect they give him. It may be no big deal to the fans but I can guarantee you it's a big deal to those players.
            Its called team politics, and it will go on as long as we are playing the game. It's something that the coaching staff has to deal with and making a change right now might not be a good thing.

Comment

Video of Coach Davis...

Comment

Spent yesterday at practice watching the team. Can say I am impressed with Coach Flynn and Coach Christensen. Disciplining their groups into shape. OL and Secondary were doing up-downs after practice to make up for mistakes. Sumner looked solid, receivers have some depth. Missed listening to Bubak call out guys after their mistakes. Talked with Stig afterwards and he thinks good things are to come this year.

Comment

Video of Coach Flynn...

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Its called team politics, and it will go on as long as we are playing the game. It's something that the coaching staff has to deal with and making a change right now might not be a good thing.
                    I'm probably going to be the lone ranger on the captaincy issue. I just think that it has been an honor reserved for seniors who have given 4-5 years in the program and now are expected to lead this year's squad into the coming season. On my team, we reserve this for our seniors and it means more than you can imagine to those young men...those seniors. It is hard for me to believe that starting players like Castle, Fick, TKool, Mink, Rollins, Tracy, etc. etc. etc....aren't worthy of this honor and that you have to reach down into the other grades to find captains. I understand that some young men didn't take that honor seriously last year. That's going to happen. But it has not been a consistent problem during Stig's tenure and I believe that, true to form, he has thrown the baby out with the bathwater. In the end, the pool of players was too large, a bunch of players got votes, and there was no clear consensus on who the captains should be. And now you have a bunch of seniors who are disappointed with their coach and feel they had to pay because of the mistakes of a previous group.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                      Video of Coach Flynn...
                      These videos are great.. thanks and rep points coming your way.

Comment

Video of Coach Eidsness...

The videos are Produced by Matt Holland and can be found here http://www.youtube.com/user/CoachAric?feature=watch
                        ---I follow these guys youtube channel so thats how I find these videos so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape Ape View Post
                          I'm probably going to be the lone ranger on the captaincy issue. I just think that it has been an honor reserved for seniors who have given 4-5 years in the program and now are expected to lead this year's squad into the coming season. On my team, we reserve this for our seniors and it means more than you can imagine to those young men...those seniors. It is hard for me to believe that starting players like Castle, Fick, TKool, Mink, Rollins, Tracy, etc. etc. etc....aren't worthy of this honor and that you have to reach down into the other grades to find captains. I understand that some young men didn't take that honor seriously last year. That's going to happen. But it has not been a consistent problem during Stig's tenure and I believe that, true to form, he has thrown the baby out with the bathwater. In the end, the pool of players was too large, a bunch of players got votes, and there was no clear consensus on who the captains should be. And now you have a bunch of seniors who are disappointed with their coach and feel they had to pay because of the mistakes of a previous group.
                          Very thoughtful and well written. You won me over with your points. Look at the list of players not chosen. I know Jon Fick is worthy of the honor. Andy Mink is your defensive MVP, I forgot about Tracy. Winston is a great kid, but to pass Mink and Tracy over? I think Stig is on a short leash and he better win now.

Comment

Don't the players vote for the captains? If so then they picked who they, wanted whatever class they are. Maybe the the players mentioned previouslyweren't perceived as leaders by their teammates.
                            If I remember right seniors do get to be game captains for different games.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                              Video of Coach Eidsness...

The videos are Produced by Matt Holland and can be found here http://www.youtube.com/user/CoachAric?feature=watch
                              ---I follow these guys youtube channel so thats how I find these videos so fast.
                              I noticed CoachAric name is part of the file name. There is only one person I know who spells his name with an "A". Every Norskie knows it should start with an "E"
                              Aric Henderson is the video guy for the Football staff. He also helps out coaching, but he is the full time video guy. The Diffeence Makers funded his salary, I dont think he is techically counted as a football assistant but he is definitely part of the staff and has an important function, though more of a technical one.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                                I think Stig is on a short leash and he better win now.
                                Huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X