Spring Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spring Ball

for the love of god i am gonna freak out if kool is not moved to receiver ! seriously, its such a subtle but crucial move !!!!
    AND, if our d tackles are in the 250-260 range.. like hettinger and mink and fitzsimmons, throw some damn beef up up in there. perhaps let starr back on the team, douglas, and that brian burke guy. If those things happen, then i will feel comfortable with the team but jesus stiggy makes me sooo nervous !

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
      for the love of god i am gonna freak out if kool is not moved to receiver ! seriously, its such a subtle but crucial move !!!!
      AND, if our d tackles are in the 250-260 range.. like hettinger and mink and fitzsimmons, throw some damn beef up up in there. perhaps let starr back on the team, douglas, and that brian burke guy. If those things happen, then i will feel comfortable with the team but jesus stiggy makes me sooo nervous !
      Dijon is trying, but he is not a beefy tackle. He is a pass rusher which is great too. What about moving some of the excess o line to d tackle for beef?

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
        I agree that our defensive line should be bigger,but they have to maintain quickness and agility.It's a conundrum ,slow and big,don't get overpowered ,but too slow to get to ball carriers ,or ,fast and nimbl, but get pushed around and can't stand your ground.The best answer is a hybrid fictional defensive lineman who is big bulky, extremely quick and agile for his tremendous size and extremely strong(a beast).Do we have any of these guys?
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
          Dijon is trying, but he is not a beefy tackle. He is a pass rusher which is great too. What about moving some of the excess o line to d tackle for beef?
          I wondered that too, we have exess oline, and most of those guys have experience playing D line im sure also in high school. Seems there would be 1 or 2 that could make the transition. just for some added depth if anything.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            I agree that our defensive line should be bigger,but they have to maintain quickness and agility.It's a conundrum ,slow and big,don't get overpowered ,but too slow to get to ball carriers ,or ,fast and nimbl, but get pushed around and can't stand your ground.The best answer is a hybrid fictional defensive lineman who is big bulky, extremely quick and agile for his tremendous size and extremely strong(a beast).Do we have any of these guys?
            Basically what you are saying is we need a bunch of Danny Battens.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Basically what you are saying is we need a bunch of Danny Battens.
              That would be good!

Comment

I'd rather be big in the middle and quick on the edges.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Danny Batten types, while we would take in a heartbeat, wouldn't necessarily help us in the middle - what we really need is about three Eric Shroeder type players.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Those guys you mentioned usually play in BCS conferences. There is a reason it is so hard to get big DTs who are also extremely quick and agile. There just aren't a lot of them out there that fit that profile.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      Danny Batten types, while we would take in a heartbeat, wouldn't necessarily help us in the middle - what we really need is about three Eric Shroeder type players.
                      So a couple Danny Battens and 3 Eric Shroeders. Somebody should tell the coaching staff thats who they should be trying to recruit.

Comment

Looks like they added a couple of more videos...

A couple of assistant coaches....

Video of coach Currier...

Comment

- Nathan, Charlie and Marcus talk about the SDSU spring game as well as the new hockey team coming to Brookings. http://chirb.it/vCtyxa
                          Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                          Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Originally posted by The Sports Block View Post
                            - Nathan, Charlie and Marcus talk about the SDSU spring game as well as the new hockey team coming to Brookings. http://chirb.it/vCtyxa
                            cool. but the d tackles do not need to be fricken quick and agile. size and power. there's linebackers for the speed and agility. d tackles are there to control the line of scrimmage against the o-linemen. what are you smoking to think otherwise ?

Comment

Fighting Illini had 4 players picked in the top 48 of the NFL draft. No wonder they kicked Jacks behind. Zook? Inexusable bad. How many FCS players were picked in the first three rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                                Fighting Illini had 4 players picked in the top 48 of the NFL draft. No wonder they kicked Jacks behind. Zook? Inexusable bad. How many FCS players were picked in the first three rounds?
                                Don't know totals,but I did see a Montana DB picked in the 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X