Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Ball

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
    Don't the players vote for the captains? If so then they picked who they, wanted whatever class they are. Maybe the the players mentioned previouslyweren't perceived as leaders by their teammates.
    If I remember right seniors do get to be game captains for different games.
    Yeah, and there are generally more underclassmen then upperclassmen. Add in that many of the underclassmen live on campus, in the same dorm, have the same general classes together, you can see where they might vote for 1 or 2 of their guys instead of an upperclassmen. I'm not saying that they aren't worthy, but you have to wonder about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I think there is some pressure, but I don't think its win or you are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        I think there is some pressure, but I don't think its win or you are gone.
        Tell that to Meadows.

Listen to the President and the Athletic Directer. They have big plans. Their biggest rival won the national championship. Do you think they will accept mediocraty? If you do, you are fooling yourself. They need W's to fulfill their plans and expectations. DI college football is all about winning. C'mon and face reality. SDSU is being passed up by other schools in the conferance. Check out who they lost to the last 2 years. Same teams. Do you think this should be accepted? Don't you think the athletic directors job is on the line also if they don't improve? It is time Jacks fans embraced big time football and all that comes with it. When does it become win or your gone?

Comment

Huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          They regressed last year with a talented team. They started the wrong QB. The offensive coordinator had issues and is now gone. They had the captain issues last year. What were the consequense of that?

That does not indicate a coach in control of his program.

Pull your head out of the sand.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
            They regressed last year with a talented team. They started the wrong QB. The offensive coordinator had issues and is now gone. They had the captain issues last year. What were the consequense of that?

That does not indicate a coach in control of his program.

Pull your head out of the sand.
            Gee I guess I am really in the dark here, it must be because my head is in the sand. Yes I do pay attention to the AD and President and I really dont think the president is pre-occupied with how many games the Bison won last year. Seems like he has a bunch things on his plate bigger than you and I realize. President Chicione is a Difference Maker member and even attended one meeting last year. If we start cutting corners and end up with some Best Buy thiefs, then I think Stig is on a short lease. Bohl was lucky in that President Chapman, had his own problems with cost over runs on the home that was being built for him plus several run-ins with the NDBof HE, that if he had fired Bohl or Taylor when all this stuff was in the media, it would have back fired. No, I think everyone in the HPER is safe except for the former Wrestling coach and he has been dealt with.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 04-22-2012, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Exactly what I was thinking........not even close.....
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                Tell that to Meadows.

Listen to the President and the Athletic Directer. They have big plans. Their biggest rival won the national championship. Do you think they will accept mediocraty? If you do, you are fooling yourself. They need W's to fulfill their plans and expectations. DI college football is all about winning. C'mon and face reality. SDSU is being passed up by other schools in the conferance. Check out who they lost to the last 2 years. Same teams. Do you think this should be accepted? Don't you think the athletic directors job is on the line also if they don't improve? It is time Jacks fans embraced big time football and all that comes with it. When does it become win or your gone?
                Great! When those big plans include a new stadium and a competitively funded football program AND THEN Stig doesn't get things done, I'd be alright with it. But you are still talking about the only guy who got the Jacks to the playoffs in 30 years and won a conference championship. On what? $5, a bag of Doritos and a pocket full of dreams.
                I say it again: You cannot fire a coach who is woefully under budgeted, that has had pretty good success at this level. You cannot hand someone a shovel and tell him to keep up with the guys in skid loaders. We are to the point where we need more money, not new coaches. That my friends falls on the fanbase and alums.
                And yes Meadows was so awful he went up a step to an FBS team, the guy was a hell of an Oline coach. Despite his "ineptitude", he did have two of the best passing teams in SDSU history.
                Stig's not going anywhere, until he decides he's going somewhere.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Until we get our budget up with the big boys we will have a hard time competing year in and year out.
                  Recruiting we fly guys into Omaha, and then drive them up to Brookings, NDSU flys them into Fargo. We do Omaha because it cheaper and can fly more recruits. More money, more recruits gets a better chance to land better players.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    Great! When those big plans include a new stadium and a competitively funded football program AND THEN Stig doesn't get things done, I'd be alright with it. But you are still talking about the only guy who got the Jacks to the playoffs in 30 years and won a conference championship. On what? $5, a bag of Doritos and a pocket full of dreams.
                    I say it again: You cannot fire a coach who is woefully under budgeted, that has had pretty good success at this level. You cannot hand someone a shovel and tell him to keep up with the guys in skid loaders. We are to the point where we need more money, not new coaches. That my friends falls on the fanbase and alums.
                    And yes Meadows was so awful he went up a step to an FBS team, the guy was a hell of an Oline coach. Despite his "ineptitude", he did have two of the best passing teams in SDSU history.
                    Stig's not going anywhere, until he decides he's going somewhere.
                    Catrabbit, yes that sums it up nicely. Not saying Stigs' perfect but with the medicore budget and facilities available he has taken the program up a step in competition level and respect. Just ask yourself when, during D2 days, was the last time NDSU saw the Jackrabbit football team as a threat in Fargo?
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

• Re: Spring Ball

"And yes Meadows was so awful he went up a step to an FBS team, the guy was a hell of an Oline coach. Despite his "ineptitude", he did have two of the best passing teams in SDSU history."

Maybe TV could find out the real reason Meadows left. Pursue a story.

Yes, they are underfunded, I'll grant you that. But W's get you funded faster the L's.

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
                        Until we get our budget up with the big boys we will have a hard time competing year in and year out.
                        Recruiting we fly guys into Omaha, and then drive them up to Brookings, NDSU flys them into Fargo. We do Omaha because it cheaper and can fly more recruits. More money, more recruits gets a better chance to land better players.

I have had the opportunity at both the Dll days and Dl era to travel to several to other locations with all of our sports within our conference and sometimes out of conference. We were significantly underfunded at the Dll level but we are HUGELY underfunded at the Dl level especially in football. Facility wise even with the Dykhouse Center we are behind the times. Places like Youngstown, UNI, NDSU, Southern Ill are light years ahead of us. Coach Stig and his staff have done a remarkable job competing but we will never win until we can compete with the top tear schools in our conference with facilities. Not to mention the Montana / Montana States of the region. I am hearing that we will have an announcement SOON about the new indoor practice facility. That will be a GREAT addition and will attract athletes for all sports. But even with approval its a couple of years out. If we have a new / remodeled football stadium in 5 years I would be surprised. Its all coming but it all takes time and MONEY.

A comment about the spring football practice. Tough to get much out of it but one thing I was dissappointed in was the lack of throws our offense made down field. I can recall only 2 and one of them was real late in the practice. Loosen up a little its a practice and show case your athletes - throw the ball - have some fun.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                          A comment about the spring football practice. Tough to get much out of it but one thing I was dissappointed in was the lack of throws our offense made down field. I can recall only 2 and one of them was real late in the practice. Loosen up a little its a practice and show case your athletes - throw the ball - have some fun.

GBGBGJ
                          I'll echo that. Tons of swing passes, screens and out routes.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Too much cross wind for anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                              Too much cross wind for anything else.
                              That's also a fair point. I almost got knocked over when I was leaving the stadium.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Looks like the guys made a video of the spring game...

These guys have done a really good job keeping us up to date this spring, lets hope they do it for fall practice too

Comment

Working...
                                X