Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Why is he moving to DB? He looks good on both sides of the ball but c'mon, that kid is shifty and very quick! I'd keep him on offense. At the very least he better be doin' kick and punt returns.
    Look on the bright side,if he gets an interception,good chance he can take it to the house the other way.Iwas impressed with his being able to shift into over drive with a burst of speed,and his ability to change directions while running full speed,just enough to make tackler miss.

Comment

Per his twitter account. Mitchell Nissen (11A all stater WR) committed to SDSU. Guessing a walk on.
      @KissinNissen: Committed for football at SDSU! Going to be a #Jackrabbit

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/agO...ell-nissen.htm

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Look on the bright side,if he gets an interception,good chance he can take it to the house the other way.Iwas impressed with his being able to shift into over drive with a burst of speed,and his ability to change directions while running full speed,just enough to make tackler miss.
        I would agree. I suspect Marcus Williams, NDSU played both sides of the ball in high school. Looks like they played him in the right position so far.

Comment

Why is he moving to DB? He looks good on both sides of the ball but c'mon, that kid is shifty and very quick! I'd keep him on offense. At the very least he better be doin' kick and punt returns.
          With the Zenmaster back for two more years and Gandy for three,there aren't going to be many RB minutes available. I would guess both Mengarelli and Tusler start out at DB and could get moved if injuries occur. You hate to use up two or three years of eligibility waiting for a few mop-up carries at RB. Both could very likely get opportunities running back kicks.

Comment

I agree with NaVa on this. Good, fast DBs who can cover stud receivers are very hard to find and of great value. Treasure them. The Jacks appear to be well stocked at RB, especially if recruit Bridgeport Tusler plays there.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Per his twitter account. Mitchell Nissen (11A all stater WR) committed to SDSU. Guessing a walk on.
              @KissinNissen: Committed for football at SDSU! Going to be a #Jackrabbit

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/agO...ell-nissen.htm
              Here are Mitchell Nissen's highlights, it looks like he likes to play physical....... http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1105521/highlights/15736373

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                Here are Mitchell Nissen's highlights, it looks like he likes to play physical....... http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1105521/highlights/15736373
                I wonder if he will be a TE. I guess time will tell with all of these recruits.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Does anybody else feel like a kid a Christmas? You've found all the hiding places for gifts that your parents have bought. You know what you are getting, and it is good. Now you just have to wait until tomorrow morning to unwrap the presents and let the good times roll!

It took awhile for me to get excited for this year's class, because we've had some really good recruits in recent years. But as the staff kept adding prize pieces in the last month, like Tusler switching from UNI, it just got better and better. We've loaded up at WR, added some outstanding talent to a deep backfield (QB, RB), and added quality depth on both sides of the ball.

When I compare our commitment list, I'd take our class as a whole over what we missed out on to other FCS schools.

Now if we can keep the Grinch at bay from stealing any of our verbals overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    Does anybody else feel like a kid a Christmas? You've found all the hiding places for gifts that your parents have bought. You know what you are getting, and it is good. Now you just have to wait until tomorrow morning to unwrap the presents and let the good times roll!

It took awhile for me to get excited for this year's class, because we've had some really good recruits in recent years. But as the staff kept adding prize pieces in the last month, like Tusler switching from UNI, it just got better and better. We've loaded up at WR, added some outstanding talent to a deep backfield (QB, RB), and added quality depth on both sides of the ball.

When I compare our commitment list, I'd take our class as a whole over what we missed out on to other FCS schools.

Now if we can keep the Grinch at bay from stealing any of our verbals overnight!
                    To this Norwegian it is Christmas when we sign a Nissen which means in Norwegian literally, a Christmas Alf. Stating a fact here and not making fun of a name his ancestor choose maybe at Ellis Island. Names were changed there very often, but I digress.

Getting the decommit from UNI was big, but our loss of the kid from Tennessee might off-set that "get" a little. Overall our recruiting seems to have improved, we are not getting many SD kids this year, but it depends who can play the game each and every Saturday, and its fun to study the program to find out where they are from. I was listening to KFGO yesterday and they were talking about Travis Beck being from a 9 man program and not recruited by any one. It just goes to show we never know who has the talent until they put the pads on.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post

Good hands, someone you can count on when you need a catch.Not sure he has enough speed for longer routes though,hard to tell ,like the size ,again,we get tall receiver.

Comment

I've had fun keeping track of this list the past couple years but with increased workload and a new baby on the way, I probably won't be up to task next year.

If anybody wants to start the 2014 thread, go for it. The best way to find out if recruits are looking at SDSU is to search through Rivals database (rivals.com > Football Recruiting > Database - Prospect Search > Select SDSU from the schools). Another good way is to do a search on twitter for south dakota state. I see Rivals already has 13 players for 2014 with interest and a few offers from SDSU.

I think this list is important, not only for the fans but it shows recruits that there is an interested fan base at SDSU.

Eventually I might start up an SDSU blog and will try to keep tabs on recruiting... (but I've started several of those in the past, only to quit them a month or two into it.)
                        Last edited by mitchell; 02-05-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

This tool is the bomb! Use it year around!

Comment

Thanks for your efforts, Mitchell. They've been appreciated. Hurry back!
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                              I've had fun keeping track of this list the past couple years but with increased workload and a new baby on the way, I probably won't be up to task next year.

If anybody wants to start the 2014 thread, go for it. The best way to find out if recruits are looking at SDSU is to search through Rivals database (rivals.com > Football Recruiting > Database - Prospect Search > Select SDSU from the schools). Another good way is to do a search on twitter for south dakota state. I see Rivals already has 13 players with interest and a few offers from SDSU.

I think this list is important, not only for the fans but it shows recruits that there is an interested fan base at SDSU.

Eventually I might start up an SDSU blog and will try to keep tabs on recruiting but I've started several of those in the past, only to quit them a month or two into it. This recruitment list is something that needs more commitment.
                              Your resignation is rejected.

In all seriousness, I can appreciate how much work you put into keeping tabs and definitely appreciate how you've made this easy on the rest of us.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Per Troy Hyde ‏@HawkeyeExaminer
                                Trev Hadachek told me today that he had a good official visit to Iowa City. He'll choose between Iowa and ISU at a 3:15 presser tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X