2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Trevor Narum committed as a PWO from Lake City, MN.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Word has it that Thayer Trenhaile from Sioux Valley will be a PWO at SDSU rather than NDSU where he had a similar invite. He is a long snapper.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
        Word has it that Thayer Trenhaile from Sioux Valley will be a PWO at SDSU rather than NDSU where he had a similar invite. He is a long snapper.
        OK this may sound insignificant, but this kid is a ridiculous, pro level long snapper. This is a good thing, from what I understand several 1-a programs looked at him

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
          Holy crap, we actually have a kid coming to play here from a SF school? Can anyone tell me about this kid, I haven't live in SD for a long time now, don't know a lot of local kids anymore.
          Actually, the Jacks have attracted several players from Sioux Falls schools in recent years, including stars JaRon Harris and Ryan McKnight. Others have included Antonio Thompson, Matt Hylland, Brandon Mohr, Brad Iverson, Jake Weiss (a couple of those guys transferred for health or playing-time reasons) and current players Eric Tuschen and Justin Syrovatka, with Austin Benson apparently on the way. Granted, a few big-name Sioux Falls guys have gone out of state, to Nebraska and a couple of other places not worth mentioning.
          Last edited by Jacked_Up; 02-03-2013, 06:18 PM.
          This space for lease.

Comment

QB recruit Dalton Douglas was named MVP of a California all-star game recently against a lot of PAC-12 players.
            http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/sp...est-coast-bowl

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              QB recruit Dalton Douglas was named MVP of a California all-star game recently against a lot of PAC-12 players.
              http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/sp...est-coast-bowl
              This makes me excited and nervous at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                This makes me excited and nervous at the same time.
                Amen.....2 more days, 2 more days, 2 more days, 2 more days......Wedneday morn can't come soon enough!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  Trevor Narum committed as a PWO from Lake City, MN.
                  @RE_JBrown: From Lake City head FB coach Trevor Narum: R-E Player of the Year Christian Custer headed to South Dakota State as a preferred walk-on.

I think you meant to say Christian Custer.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    @RE_JBrown: From Lake City head FB coach Trevor Narum: R-E Player of the Year Christian Custer headed to South Dakota State as a preferred walk-on.I think you meant to say Christian Custer.
                    Crap. Yes I did! Nice catch!
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Just saw this mentioned on twitter.
                      Richard Obert ‏@azc_obert
                      Prescott RB Brady Mengarelli commits to South Dakota State, where he likely will play DB, Prescott coach Collett said.

Comment

Here are Brady Mengarelli's midseason Sr highlights.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XHssR7IrCA

Here are his Jr. highlights......

Comment

Why is he moving to DB? He looks good on both sides of the ball but c'mon, that kid is shifty and very quick! I'd keep him on offense. At the very least he better be doin' kick and punt returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                            Why is he moving to DB? He looks good on both sides of the ball but c'mon, that kid is shifty and very quick! I'd keep him on offense. At the very least he better be doin' kick and punt returns.
                            Because shutdown DBs, especially corners, are as valuable, if not moreson, than RBs

Comment

Looks like Jacks added a kicker from Tartan High School in MN. All I know is his first name is Joe. Will dig up more info tomorrow morning unless someone beats me to it.

**edited: Joe Tjosvold

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                Looks like Jacks added a kicker from Tartan High School in MN. All I know is his first name is Joe. Will dig up more info tomorrow morning unless someone beats me to it.
                                Joe Tiosvold

http://www.specialteamsfootballacade...nd-honors.html

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1495469/highlights/29181415

Here's his info. He is a preferred walkon commit.

Comment

Working...
                                X