2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

The trickle down historically nets interesting players.... Cole Brodie.... Should be a good week!

Comment

Austin Benson committed to State. He's from Washington HS in Sioux Falls. I'm assuming walkon but I'm not sure.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Austin Benson committed to State. He's from Washington HS in Sioux Falls. I'm assuming walkon but I'm not sure.
        Holy crap, we actually have a kid coming to play here from a SF school? Can anyone tell me about this kid, I haven't live in SD for a long time now, don't know a lot of local kids anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
          Holy crap, we actually have a kid coming to play here from a SF school? Can anyone tell me about this kid, I haven't live in SD for a long time now, don't know a lot of local kids anymore.
          6'2" 220 - probably recruited to play LB or FB (blocking TE)

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/h5t...tin-benson.htm

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/811164/highlights/36481406

Comment

Per tweet: Chase Marso ‏@ChaseMarso10
            1 year ago I had surgery to remove a blood clot in my shoulder. Now, I could not be happier to continue my fb career at Augie #GodisGreat

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Per tweet: Chase Marso ‏@ChaseMarso10
              1 year ago I had surgery to remove a blood clot in my shoulder. Now, I could not be happier to continue my fb career at Augie #GodisGreat
              Congrats Chase on your opportunity to extend your playing career! The colors are close, but we know you made the choice that fit you best.

Chase will have a much better chance to see extended playing time at QB as a Viking than he would for the Jackrabbits. While the dream to play at the highest level possible fits many, it is important to find what fits both the student/athlete and the school.

Comment

TV just posted this in pre-basektball game chat:
                I just sent in a brief about two scholarship and two preferred walk-on commits. Here it is:
                Joe Kupcikevicius is a 6-foot-5, 280-pound offensive lineman from Richards
                High in Oak Lawn, Ill. He said he also had offers from South Dakota and
                North Dakota, and projects as a tackle.
                Mason Leiseth is a 6-4, 240-pounder from Hamlin High. He was named Class 9A
                all-state as a receiver as a senior. His high school coach, Jeff Sheehan,
                said Leiseth will play defensive end.
                Troy Hunhoff is a 6-3, 225-pound tight end and punter from Yankton. He was
                named Class 2A all-state as a punter and will be a preferred walk-on. Also
                walking on: Kane Louscher, a 6-2, 200-pound linebacker from Newman Catholic
                in Mason City, Iowa. He was a two-time all-state pick.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Mason's dad David was a former SDSU lineman and threw the shot put on track team (all American I believe)
                  Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 01-31-2013, 11:29 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Mason's dad David was a former SDSU lineman and threw the shot up on track team (all American I believe)
                    A very good SD family of athletes from Hamlin. I don't know Mason at all, but I sure want to see him succeed at this level. I think he can do it.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Did I miss something in the last 24 hours? Yesterday morning I thought we were at 19 scholly offers and this morning I'm seeing only 18.

I also noticed that Kane Louscher is listed as a preferred walk-on on page 1. In NoVaJack's post, he shared TV's comments about two scholarship and two preferred walk-on commits. Of the four players mentioned, only Joe Kup is listed as a scholarship commit. I guess I'm just dazed and confused and need some a.m. caffeine.

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      I just sent in a brief about two scholarship and two preferred walk-on commits. Here it is:
                      Joe Kupcikevicius is a 6-foot-5, 280-pound offensive lineman from Richards
                      High in Oak Lawn, Ill. He said he also had offers from South Dakota and
                      North Dakota, and projects as a tackle.
                      Troy Hunhoff is a 6-3, 225-pound tight end and punter from Yankton. He was
                      named Class 2A all-state as a punter and will be a preferred walk-on. Also
                      walking on: Kane Louscher, a 6-2, 200-pound linebacker from Newman Catholic
                      in Mason City, Iowa. He was a two-time all-state pick.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                        Did I miss something in the last 24 hours? Yesterday morning I thought we were at 19 scholly offers and this morning I'm seeing only 18.

I also noticed that Kane Louscher is listed as a preferred walk-on on page 1. In NoVaJack's post, he shared TV's comments about two scholarship and two preferred walk-on commits. Of the four players mentioned, only Joe Kup is listed as a scholarship commit. I guess I'm just dazed and confused and need some a.m. caffeine.
                        Did you take Deondre Moore off after his de-commit ?

Comment

Mason's dad David was a former SDSU lineman and threw the shot put on track team (all American I believe)
                          David was a long snapper as well.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The offer number has dropped from 20 to 18 after Moore's decommitment and after I found out that Kane Louscher was a preferred walk-on.

I'm glad to see that Mason Leiseth is going to be a Jackrabbit. He is my brother-in-law's cousin and it'll be fun for me to follow his progress. I know that NDSU was recruiting him throughout the summer and hosted him for a couple games. I think he has a shot of playing in the future, it's hard for kids from 9-man teams in South Dakota to get full-ride D1 offers.

Comment

Tweet via: Richard Obert ‏@azc_obert
                              Liberty QB Tyler Rogers choices apparently reduced to one: Air Force. Says he may visit there this weekend.

Tweet: Richard Obert ‏@azc_obert
                              Liberty QB Tyler Rogers said he called North Dakota 3 days ago to commit but was told that scholarship was filled day earlier by another QB.
                              Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 02-01-2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Tweet via: Richard Obert ‏@azc_obertLiberty QB Tyler Rogers choices apparently reduced to one: Air Force. Says he may visit there this weekend.Tweet: Richard Obert ‏@azc_obertLiberty QB Tyler Rogers said he called North Dakota 3 days ago to commit but was told that scholarship was filled day earlier by another QB.
                                I would deduce that these tweets mean we no longer have an offer out for him.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X