Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uni - gdt

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I like the way the Marines do it, they tear a guy down and build him up the way they want him.They don't tear a guy down and leave him there,feeling inadequate,useless.By the time they finish boot camp , they're ready to march to hell and back if need be.....maybe it's harder in sports to make a team believe in themselves to do more than they thought they were capable of?A coach is basiclly the head manager of the team, it's his job to correct people when they need correcting ,and also to lift them up when they are down too,among many things.I don't think any coach does all things perfectly, but they should have a good grasp of every situation,enough to maintain stability at least.You can't let your team slip away from you, their leader.You have to keep them believig in themslves,then good things happen.
    True that. Rep points.

Otherwise, why have a coach when the players are responsible for everything?

Stig also took the credit after Illinois State when Mike Lien scored the defensive touchdown. Stig said "We coach them to do that." That is pointing out good coaching and Stig has every right in the world to do that. It is in fact very good coaching, Lien did not hesitate on the play.

Comment

Some general observations about our trip to Brookings:
      South Dakotans apparently like to live on the edge.
      1. 75 mph speed limit on interstate highways.
      2. Legal fireworks
      3. Come October everyone big enough to carry one picks up a rifle or shotgun and goes after wild creatures of all types.

Seriously though, we were impressed with everthing we saw and all the people we met in Brookings. We took some time to walk around the campus and found it to be a very nice place. I have done some reading about SDSU and found that there is alot of animal research as well as seed and hybred development. My son says he had a friend transfer from UNI to join the forestry program at SDSU so obviously good things are being done on the campus in education as well as research. Very impressive! One of the SDSU alums we met showed us a concept drawing of the new football stadium and related areas that is being planned. I hope this comes to happen soon. CAS is OK but SDSU seems to have outgrown it and if you hope to be competitive in recuiting good athletes, it would help to point out a newer facility. It would probably help put more butts in the seats on gameday as well! Thanks to all of you who replied to my post asking for info. It was appreciated. Beat those hairy cows on Saturday!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cat View Post
        Some general observations about our trip to Brookings:
        South Dakotans apparently like to live on the edge.
        1. 75 mph speed limit on interstate highways.
        2. Legal fireworks
        3. Come October everyone big enough to carry one picks up a rifle or shotgun and goes after wild creatures of all types.

Seriously though, we were impressed with everthing we saw and all the people we met in Brookings. We took some time to walk around the campus and found it to be a very nice place. I have done some reading about SDSU and found that there is alot of animal research as well as seed and hybred development. My son says he had a friend transfer from UNI to join the forestry program at SDSU so obviously good things are being done on the campus in education as well as research. Very impressive! One of the SDSU alums we met showed us a concept drawing of the new football stadium and related areas that is being planned. I hope this comes to happen soon. CAS is OK but SDSU seems to have outgrown it and if you hope to be competitive in recuiting good athletes, it would help to point out a newer facility. It would probably help put more butts in the seats on gameday as well! Thanks to all of you who replied to my post asking for info. It was appreciated. Beat those hairy cows on Saturday!!
        Attendance will be a lot better this weekend. Once this stadium gets built and recruitment picks up, I think you'll see a nice bump in SDSU's football program. However, it might be 10 years away right now.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
        X