X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uni - gdt

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/College-F...ack-during.htm

Looks like you are right and the official was right.
    Thanks for looking that up. I said this right after it happened when I was watching it and thought they made the right call, but I couldn't be sure.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      Upon review, I think the PI and touchback call were probably the correct ones. There appeared (from Section J) to be a little jersey grabbing going on. Anyone who saw the referee explain the touchback call to Stig (after the 80 yard bomb) could see it was probably the correct call.

The substitution of offensive lineman on every play is simply maddening. Those of you who refuse to blame Stig and his staff for some of this team's performance need to wake up. What's the over/under on NDSU plays over 50 yards next week? 2?

Stig did take a shot at the crowd. IMO, he should be thankful we still have NDSU and Hobo Day on the schedule instead of Missouri State and Western Illinois. He'd really b$tch about the attendance at those games.

Stig and his staff should get some of the blame. I just dont have a problem with what he said on the radio last night.

Im in section J also, a few rows below you. Someone sure had a big mouth up there. And calling the ref a retard was real intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        I'd vote for no injuries. Plus, a couple of wins, over whoever, surely gives your team confidence.
        Generally speaking I think Gene and Bohl go like this, 2 home games to get things rolling, then to the FBS game which can go either way, ill admit we have had some good luck and no matter what our team clicked against Minny this year and if we hadnt went into fluffy D they wouldnt have got the final TD to make the score closer, but generally its just common sense to hope to win and expect a loss against FBS. I am different and think we can win every game, my point being you play top 25 FCS games both will NOT be at home split them hopefully and take a loss to a FBS team your hitting the conference 1-2 and I can bet there would be injuries from brutal games. Fluffy scheduling has been working for Montana for 20 years so why not
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

http://en.allexperts.com/q/College-F...ack-during.htm

Looks like you are right and the official was right.
          DING! DING! DING! We have a winner.

This is exactly what the official explained to Stig after the TD. He even used hand signals depicting the action so the crowd could see it.

In regards to the PI call, does the "uncatchable" rule apply in college ball too, or is it only the NFL?

I think we should take up a donation on this board for a new referee microphone sound system. Good Lord is it bad. Anytime the referee speaks it should be blared throughout the stadium so people know what the hell is going on. Perhaps he could of explained the punt touchback call to help appease the crowd.

Comment

Im in section J also, a few rows below you. Someone sure had a big mouth up there. And calling the ref a retard was real intelligent.
            I didn't hear any comment like that in my neck of the woods, but I surely hope you are not directing that comment at me. You are smarter than that.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              I didn't hear any comment like that in my neck of the woods, but I surely hope you are not directing that comment at me. You are smarter than that.
              I didnt say it was you. I dont know how far behind me it was. You might have been to high to hear it. He first called the ref a stupid idiot, which i can handle but not the other word. Nobody around me thought the guy was funny.

Comment

Stig and his staff should get some of the blame. I just dont have a problem with what he said on the radio last night.

What row you in J? Row 21 here and I didn't hear or notice it.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  What row you in J? Row 21 here and I didn't hear or notice it.
                  row 6. Whoever it is said some funny things during the Indiana St game. Had everyone laughing. But he got a little sickening Sat. Maybe he had more to drink, i dont know. Apparently it was only a few rows behind me. I never turned around to look how far he was. You probably couldnt hear it from where you were.

Comment

I agree with much of what has been said on this thread. The Jacks played tough the entire game and without the turnovers, we may have been discussing a different outcome. In speaking with UNI fans right after the game ended, we all agreed that it was the toughest 31 points the Panthers have put up this year. The game was much closer than the final score would indicate. I really like what I saw from your young QB, Sumner. (except for the picks). He'll be one of the best QB's in the league in another year or two. I'm not sure about that touchback call either. When I saw the replay I really thought the refs gave us a gift, but it was hard to tell if the ball crossed the plane of the goal line in the replay.
                    On a personal note, my son and I got to talk to several Jacks fans before, during and after the game and were totally impressed with the friendliness of everyone we spoke with. We took the advice of a couple of posters and visited Nick's before the game and filled our belly with 2 or 3 of those famous burgers. Thanks for that tip! The burgers were some of the best I have eaten. Best of luck to the Rabbits the rest of the season and please beat the Bizon turds next week!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cat View Post
                      I agree with much of what has been said on this thread. The Jacks played tough the entire game and without the turnovers, we may have been discussing a different outcome. In speaking with UNI fans right after the game ended, we all agreed that it was the toughest 31 points the Panthers have put up this year. The game was much closer than the final score would indicate. I really like what I saw from your young QB, Sumner. (except for the picks). He'll be one of the best QB's in the league in another year or two. I'm not sure about that touchback call either. When I saw the replay I really thought the refs gave us a gift, but it was hard to tell if the ball crossed the plane of the goal line in the replay.
                      On a personal note, my son and I got to talk to several Jacks fans before, during and after the game and were totally impressed with the friendliness of everyone we spoke with. We took the advice of a couple of posters and visited Nick's before the game and filled our belly with 2 or 3 of those famous burgers. Thanks for that tip! The burgers were some of the best I have eaten. Best of luck to the Rabbits the rest of the season and please beat the Bizon turds next week!
                      I am happy that your experience in Brookings was a good one. Nicks sells hamburgers at the game too, and apparently closes up the shop at 4:30 on Saturday. I was trying to cheat the SDSU athletic department out of their cut as the Nicks are like 1.70 downtown and 2 bucks at the game. I got to the downtown shop at 4:40 to find they had closed for the day so went got a KFC dinner to go. Either choice is not good for this 70 year old diabetic.

Are you old enough to remember Buck Starbuck who coached the then Iowa Teachers before the name was changed to State College of Iowa and finally to U of Northern Iowa? He was an SDSU alum who played in the 1920's. I met his son a few years back when we elected Buck to the SDSU Hall of fame. Buck died in 1955 I believe. His son looked a great like the pictures of his dad and was really proud to accept the award.

UNI seems to be on track this year. Any word on the injury of the nose guard Boothsby? He would be a big loss to UNI if his season is finished. Hope it was only a sprain of some sort.

Comment

One thing I've noticed while watching the last 2 games from section H, is that the stands are heavily populated with fans who know more about the rules and pay much better attention to the game than the men in the striped shirts. A number of them pointed out that UNI lined up offside and held on every offensive play. Certainly this isn't a new development-I wasn't able to make it to any football or basketball games last year, but the year before and previous years as well have been equally bad at both Coughlin & Frost. Geez people that gets tiresome. Quit whining and cheer for the players. Do something that might have a positive influence. Stand up and yell on third down and leave the officials alone. If they do make a bad call, you won't change it.
                        An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                        US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)--------------------Note that Robert Benchley was a humorist. This is a joke. Not words to live by.

And furthermore stay off my grass.
                          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
                            One thing I've noticed while watching the last 2 games from section H, is that the stands are heavily populated with fans who know more about the rules and pay much better attention to the game than the men in the striped shirts. A number of them pointed out that UNI lined up offside and held on every offensive play. Certainly this isn't a new development-I wasn't able to make it to any football or basketball games last year, but the year before and previous years as well have been equally bad at both Coughlin & Frost. Geez people that gets tiresome. Quit whining and cheer for the players. Do something that might have a positive influence. Stand up and yell on third down and leave the officials alone. If they do make a bad call, you won't change it.
                            What's most frustrating to Jacks fans,is that if the refs do make a bone headed bad call, it will most certainly be against the Jacks.You'd think the law of averages would kick in at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I am happy that your experience in Brookings was a good one. Nicks sells hamburgers at the game too, and apparently closes up the shop at 4:30 on Saturday. I was trying to cheat the SDSU athletic department out of their cut as the Nicks are like 1.70 downtown and 2 bucks at the game. I got to the downtown shop at 4:40 to find they had closed for the day so went got a KFC dinner to go. Either choice is not good for this 70 year old diabetic.

Are you old enough to remember Buck Starbuck who coached the then Iowa Teachers before the name was changed to State College of Iowa and finally to U of Northern Iowa? He was an SDSU alum who played in the 1920's. I met his son a few years back when we elected Buck to the SDSU Hall of fame. Buck died in 1955 I believe. His son looked a great like the pictures of his dad and was really proud to accept the award.

UNI seems to be on track this year. Any word on the injury of the nose guard Boothsby? He would be a big loss to UNI if his season is finished. Hope it was only a sprain of some sort.
                              I'm in my late 50's so no I don't remember Coach Starbuck. I have seen his picture on the Wall of Fame in the UNIdome, however. I do remember when the name was changed from ISTC to State College of Iowa. That name was only used for 2 years before the BOR decided it was too confusing between the three state school names and UNI was adopted as the official name. No word yet on Boothby. I'm guessing he'll have a full assessment on Monday and even then Coach Farley is pretty tight lipped about injuries so we may not know until game time with SIU this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cat View Post
                                I'm in my late 50's so no I don't remember Coach Starbuck. I have seen his picture on the Wall of Fame in the UNIdome, however. I do remember when the name was changed from ISTC to State College of Iowa. That name was only used for 2 years before the BOR decided it was too confusing between the three state school names and UNI was adopted as the official name. No word yet on Boothby. I'm guessing he'll have a full assessment on Monday and even then Coach Farley is pretty tight lipped about injuries so we may not know until game time with SIU this Saturday.
                                I remember Buck and I think the last time he came to Brookings back in the NCC days, he got a lot teasing from some of the old fans who no doubt are pushing up daiseys. A very good coach and a great athlete for the Jacks. I think he had a win streak at UNI for NCC games like maybe 30 or something like that. He always brought a good Panther team to Brookings, just like Farley did this past week.

Comment

Working...
                                X