South Dakota State at Youngstown State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota State at Youngstown State

We won this game and very well could have lost. Yet we lost 2 confrence games which we could have won. A few things went our way and we won. The other games things didn't go our way and we lost. The difference is I felt this game is we made our breaks so we won even though we made plenty of mistakes. The 2 confrence games we lost the other team mafe their breaks when we didn't.

What I am saying is when we play hard good things can happen. I can say we haven't played hard every game this year and we never caught or made any breaks.

If that makes sense. Just happy for the team and hope they realize they can win and are better theb what people outside the program think.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Congrats on your win yesterday out in Youngstown. Never read anything about it, but apparently your young QB held his composure. A much needed win for you all, all the better on the road to help with the confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Well when you play like a basement team what do you expect? They picked their team to win, it's what is expected. Don't be an ass
        Your still a jackass RO. Just joking about your signature. You are right we have until yesterday played basement ball and we sure need to work on those center snaps. In the should have; could have dept; it would have been 28 to 7 at half if not for the bad snap on the 19 which gave the ball back to YSU late in the 2nd quarter. There are a number of things we still need to improve on. I feel good about the win.

Comment

After a game like this, and a couple before it, why was Sumner not starting from the beginning of the season? Anyone?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            After a game like this, and a couple before it, why was Sumner not starting from the beginning of the season? Anyone?

It is the same reason why Moss didn't get much playing time the first few games. Which, I don't know the answer to.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              It is the same reason why Moss didn't get much playing time the first few games. Which, I don't know the answer to.
              Yes him too! smh
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

That same question was bugging me a little after the game Saturday. I'm sure he will hit a few rough spots, but Sumner has been pretty impressive. I wonder what the coaches take on him was after weeks 2 and 3. There had to be some discussion and disagreement about giving him a shot. At least I hope there was.

Comment

My opinion. TOB probably looked great in practice when he couldn't get hit. In game situations, he crumbled under pressure because he did not like the contact at all and got rattled easily. Contrast that with Sumner, who may not have looked as good in practice, or possibly did, but the coaches decide to go with the experience. Then they put Sumner in a real game and realize that he can do the same things in games that he does in practice because he doesn't mind the pressure and is cool in the pocket. Pretty easy to see what should have been done from the get-go. However, hindsight is 20/20.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Sumner is definitely improving and will be a great gun until injury or graduation moves him out of the starter's roll. However, he is a RS Frosh, and TOB was a Jr. with 12+ games played with significant time. Experience will usually win out over similar, but unexperienced. Such was the case this year. TOB quit, and now Austin is growing into the starter's roll. It's great having a 6'5", 240 lb brick, that can run a bit, shake off arm tackles, and launch a 45 yd bomb. Kind of has a "Ben Rothesburger" feel about him. Like what I'm seeing, and can't wait to see him live at CAS these next two weekends.

Comment

Working...
                    X