South Dakota State at Youngstown State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota State at Youngstown State

Congrats on the win! Sumner looks to be the real deal, but you can throw a HS freshman QB out there against the YSU defense and he would succeed too. You limited the powerful YSU offense to 21 points and that was the key to the game.

I knew our defense sucks ass, but I honestly thought our offense would be able to score at least 31 on you guys. Kudos on the win.

Comment

Just relaxing this morning reading up on everyone's opinion on the win yesterday. How could my morning be ruined one might ask...USD showing up on ESPN's top ten plays list! They had the #5 play from yesterday which was a catch by Will Powell. It was an impressive catch however.

Comment

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/oct/0...and-maybe-out/

Comment

Thumbs Up:
          Sumner- How impressived does he look for a redshirt freshman. I hope that we can develope him and that he doesn't stall out.
          Recievers- How many different recievers caught the ball yesterday? At least 6 forsure. They were all ready and got after that YAC
          Zenner- The kid is a stud.

Thumbs Down:
          2nd half adjustments for the defense- It took all of the 3rd quarter for the defense to realize halftime was over. Their play as a unit all most let YSU sneak away with the game.
          Kick Return- There was a penalty on nearly every kick return. It is asking alot of our offense to deliver when they are backed up continually. Yesterday they delivered. Against UNI and NDSU we can't allow it.
          O-Line- Yes, there were holes throughout the day, but when you can't get a 1 1/2 yards on two plays when you MUST something is not right. If we had gotten the first down the game would have been over and the last 2 minutes would have been more enjoyable!

All in all a good game though, but we must improved to win next weekend. I was very happy for Moss and Rollin. Hopefully this gets us going!
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
            Congrats on the win! Sumner looks to be the real deal, but you can throw a HS freshman QB out there against the YSU defense and he would succeed too. You limited the powerful YSU offense to 21 points and that was the key to the game.

I knew our defense sucks ass, but I honestly thought our offense would be able to score at least 31 on you guys. Kudos on the win.
            Thanks guinzone. I agree Mr. Sumner has an opportunity to set all types of passing records at SDSU. I like how our coaching staff has changed our offense to agree fit his talents. Spread them out and toss the ball around. He will simply continue to get better as he matures.

Good luck to you guys the balance of the year. I've been to your facility - excellent stadium and great atmosphere.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post

Thats amusing, nothing was said about a sucking defense by YSU when you started your thread over on your own sucking board. Your offense is not good either, so basically the Penquins still stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Thats amusing, nothing was said about a sucking defense by YSU when you started your thread over on your own sucking board. Your offense is not good either, so basically the Penquins still stuck.
                Someone pee in your cheerios this morning Nidaros?
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                  Someone pee in your cheerios this morning Nidaros?
                  No, no peeing in my cheerios. I am just getting back at those yahoo's over on their board and their bold predictions of the outcome. quinzone is no doubt a good guy reaching out to us, but I am growing weary of this notion that SDSU is a basement team. I take exception to the notion that Sumner is a high school quarterback. He seems to be in the mold of Ted Wahl, Todd McDonald, Andy Karodoes, et al.

Comment

I suppose our team had done little to distinguish itself except for some bright spots here and there prior to the Younstown game. But, I think the Youngstown win is one we can be very satisfied about.
                    YSU has a potent offense and if I was a YSU fan, I'd think that the Jackrabbits coming into Youngstown on a special day (anniversary of a national championship...I assume the team for 20 years ago was well represented in a 16,000+ crowd) would not be able to handle the offense. We know our defense has some great players and I think they did a nice job against a very good offense yesterday. Were there some letdowns? Sure, but give some credit to YSU too.

I think the word is out on our offense and we won't surprise anyone. We have a lot of weapons and most variety of weapons since Ryan Berry was the quarterback.

I think quinzone's posts were fine and I didn't take offense at anything on the Penguins' message board.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      No, no peeing in my cheerios. I am just getting back at those yahoo's over on their board and their bold predictions of the outcome. quinzone is no doubt a good guy reaching out to us, but I am growing weary of this notion that SDSU is a basement team. I take exception to the notion that Sumner is a high school quarterback. He seems to be in the mold of Ted Wahl, Todd McDonald, Andy Karodoes, et al.
                      Well when you play like a basement team what do you expect? They picked their team to win, it's what is expected. Don't be an ass
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Be gracious to those you have defeated,that is the best way to earn respect.At times ,it's really hard to do,granted,but its worth it in the long run......the alternative is UNI

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                          Don't think that would have happened with TOB.
                          While I agree with your comment, I think it's time for us to leave TOB alone. He has made his decision to leave the team so I'm hoping we can make comments regarding the team we have.

Nice win for the Jacks for sure. Get the confidence building up and get ready for the next game. Does seem like we are getting more yards out of our passing game (longer passes). Will be interesting the next home game to see how different the Jacks will play.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

A couple of paragraphs from TV's article in this morning's Argus:

"All told, the Jacks finished with more yards (456-421), more time of possession (31:18-28:42) and a better third-down conversion rate (10-for-16 to 3-for-12) than YSU, the league leader in each of those categories."
                            "..., the Jacks forced three turnovers against a YSU squad that totaled three giveaways over the previous four games."

Those stats tell a very positive story about our improving offense and the defense. The defense kept YSU offense off balance. YSU killed itself with penalties (but I think the defense can claim a little credit for some of the penalties, too).

Comment

In case someone didn't know, Austin Sumner is real good!!! It was not T.O.'s fault for his coaches not knowing who the better QB was, Stig C'mon man.

Comment

Originally posted by ghomestead1 View Post
                                In case someone didn't know, Austin Sumner is real good!!! It was not T.O.'s fault for his coaches not knowing who the better QB was, Stig C'mon man.
                                What does Terrell Owen have to do with anything?
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X