Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Uniforms?

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Who looks like a clown is often in the eyes of the beholder. Maybe they should be thinking about winning instead of tweeting about uniforms.
    Do your co-workers need to show up with Kevlar on? You need to take up yoga, work out that pent up anger you have about us silly fans worrying about the uniforms instead of winning.
    This is about the curiousity about the new uniforms and if the fans like them or not. I am sure the players who tweeted have been working hard to prepare for the upcoming season and haven't been skipping workouts to Tweet.
    I will speak on behalf of the other people on here; we want the Jacks to win regardless of what they are wearing....
    Ok, now that is over, now can we start talking about white helmets and what color pants they will wear. OMG, shoes, I forgot about their shoes, black or white? All of these distractions, how can the team concentrate on winning?

Comment

Who looks like a clown is often in the eyes of the beholder. Maybe they should be thinking about winning instead of tweeting about uniforms.
      Clueless
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Clueless
          thanks, likewise you are also clueless.

Comment

And after that diversion, back to the topic at hand. I like the new jerseys, they're ok. I did really like the unis with the yellow piping from a couple years back. These are ok. As for sewn on number$$$, nuff said. I too would like to see a color matched Valley logo.

My only real gripe is State on the jersey. That seems a bit parochial given we play ND State, IN State, IL State, MO State. I would rather see SDSU, but I suppose that would confuse some TV color announcer.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I would like to see the Jacks word mark (with the ears coming off the J) on the front of the jersey instead of State.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The jerseys will look a heck of a lot better than the field on which they play.

Comment

I like the new jerseys, and I bet they will look great as the backdrop to one of the players hoisting the Dakota Marker this year and even better in the FCS playoffs.

I have always thought that having a "throwback" uniform would be a cool idea. Maybe once a year have a game be an alumni game and celebrate a certain era or decade of Jackrabbit football with a different jersey. Heck, as much as I wasn't a fan of the "Jacks" helmet, it would be cool to see it once again on the field. It may even open up some new jersey/attire sales.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

All players love new jerseys, new kicks, or whatever else they can put on for the game. There's something to be said about looking good, feeling good, and playing good. People can say it doesn't matter and it really won't make a difference in the outcome of the game, but programs need new stuff for their players. There's a reason people (not everyone) know who Oregon is and what their colors are.

*Kicks = Shoes for those who don't know...
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

All players love new jerseys, new kicks, or whatever else they can put on for the game. There's something to be said about looking good, feeling good, and playing good. People can say it doesn't matter and it really won't make a difference in the outcome of the game, but programs need new stuff for their players. There's a reason people (not everyone) know who Oregon is and what their colors are.

*Kicks = Shoes for those who don't know...
                      Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        My only real gripe is State on the jersey. That seems a bit parochial given we play ND State, IN State, IL State, MO State. I would rather see SDSU, but I suppose that would confuse some TV color announcer.
                        I wish it were bigger. If you're going to put something like that on the jersey, make it big enough to read without a magnifying glass.

And I like "STATE" on the jerseys as well as the MBB jerseys. It's not really confusing, as there are only two universities that I know of that are confident enough to simply refer to themselves as "STATE":

Michigan State and South Dakota State.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros
                          How much money will you contribute towards the warm and fuzzy feelings that these guys get from new uniforms? Oh thats right you only have been out of school 3 years working at Walmart.
                          This is a ridiculous comment. I'm in graduate school in the Twin Cities studying something that's probably way above your head. Take it for what it's worth and move on. My above post had nothing to do with you.

Comment

This is a ridiculous comment. I'm in graduate school in the Twin Cities studying something that's probably way above your head. Take it for what it's worth and move on. My above post had nothing to do with you.
                            Why is it ridiculous? Good luck with your high and mighty studies. I sure its above my head, but be nice to the people on the way up as you might meet them again on the way down.

Comment

Why is it ridiculous? Good luck with your high and mighty studies.
                              PM me if you need to discuss this stuff.

Comment

PM me if you need to discuss this stuff.
                                I already have.

Comment

Working...
                                X