New Uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Uniforms?

arent there usually pictures of the new unis in the media guide? didnt see any. But flipping to the opening page and seeing them run out in the nike unis with the blue jersey with yellow numbers and yellow pants is classic and awesome no matter how you slice it.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

So did anyone find it strange to take the white outline off the helmet logo, to only put a white outline around the numbers? Pretty much the exact same uniform, glad to see the yellow pants. Maybe its just me going crazy, but did the blue for the jersey color look a little lighter blue then it normally is? It just looked like a shade different blue if you ask me.
      Otherwise the helmet logos looked good. I just dont think the white outline of the numbers is really needed. I thought it looked sharper with out the white. I am glad to see we stayed the more classic look and not that disasterous look Maryland went with.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        So did anyone find it strange to take the white outline off the helmet logo, to only put a white outline around the numbers? Pretty much the exact same uniform, glad to see the yellow pants. Maybe its just me going crazy, but did the blue for the jersey color look a little lighter blue then it normally is? It just looked like a shade different blue if you ask me.
        Otherwise the helmet logos looked good. I just dont think the white outline of the numbers is really needed. I thought it looked sharper with out the white. I am glad to see we stayed the more classic look and not that disasterous look Maryland went with.
        I agree about the white outlines. Preferred the old jerseys. But I think the SD is a big improvement. You can actually read it.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I agree about the white outlines. Preferred the old jerseys. But I think the SD is a big improvement. You can actually read it.
          I would have perfered the old logo with this uni because both would have the white outline, last year with the plain blue and yellow would have looked better with the yellow SD helmet logo IMO. It was just odd to clean up the helmet logo and then put an unneeded white outline on the jersery. Oh well, still better then most out there.

Comment

I thought the unis looked fine. I definitely noticed a difference, but I can't say that I prefer one over the other. We definitely could have done worse.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Even after a bad loss on the road, at least we looked good doing it. (I had to try to find one positive out of this at least after this game).

Comment

There was a good article on ESPN.com (I believe in the Grantland sub-website) written about how Oregon university basically decided one day to create a brand with the university through Nike. They created the multiple uniforms and outlandish colors to create a stir. In creating that stir, they created press. In creating press (good, bad, neutral) they created a buzz amongst potential recruits. Their current stud-RB was quoted as saying his number one reason for attending the university was he "thought the uniforms were cool." Maryland is doing the same thing this year with Under Armor. They are attempting to create a buzz for a bad football program with marketing and uniforms. And, it will probably work. Looking good is playing good. 17 & 18 yr old athletes want to look good when they play. Uniforms definitely matter.

Now, please resume the smack talk and market watch talk. Is there any way we can throw some TOB talk into this thread to get the full effect?
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Here's the link to the article.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...l-keep-winning
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

If you watch saturdays game between Michigan State and Notre Dame be prepared for some what I think are pretty ugly uniforms on Michigan State. Bronze helmets, dark green shirts, black pants and bronze shoes. but hey the players like em.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      If you watch saturdays game between Michigan State and Notre Dame be prepared for some what I think are pretty ugly uniforms on Michigan State. Bronze helmets, dark green shirts, black pants and bronze shoes. but hey the players like em.
                      Article on ESPN that rated some college FB uniforms. They were given a ROIG (rolling over in his grave) rage scale
                      http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/...ombat-uniforms

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        That's actually for when they play Michigan, not Notre Dame.

Comment

I guess uniforms do make a difference...

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/201...r-ugly-colors/

Comment

Would this all lead one to believe SDSU should go to an all yellow FB uni? Or, would this lead one to believe SDSU should not go to an all yellow FB uni?
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                            X