Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
    WR Edgar Poe who had an offer from SDSU has committed to Army.
    And no doubt destined for a pro career with the Ravens

Comment

TV via Twitter says Jacks are still waiting for three players to make decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        And no doubt destined for a pro career with the Ravens
        If you sign with Army, do the same rules still apply that you have a military requirement post graduation - like the Admiral David Robinson had?

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
          If you sign with Army, do the same rules still apply that you have a military requirement post graduation - like the Admiral David Robinson had?
          yes if you sign with 1 of the service academies you have a military requirement afterwards. This rule has gone back and forth a couple of times as for a certain amount of time their was an exception that if you had an unique skill you say sports or a great singer you could pursue it and be some what of a recruiter for your branch of the military, but they rescinded that exception a couple of years ago and actually pulled some professional athletes out of their respective sports. There was several minor league baseball players and even a player on the Detroit Lions that had to leave their teams.

Comment

Looks like we can cross Jeremy Timpf off the list, he commited to Army according to scout

Comment

It appears to this Bison fan, that you guys have had an excellent recruiting season. Tomorrow will be like Christmas for college football fans everywhere. Enjoy it!

Comment

Brett McMakin signed w/ UNI. Had offers from both NDSU and SDSU
                http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...s-22-recruits/

Also FYI, UNI signed Ty Soulek, OL from Yankton, SD.

Comment

The 3 "surprise" signings that we didn't know about.

Davierre Cummins, 6-2, 260, defensive lineman, Vail, Ariz.;

Cummins earned first-team all-conference honors for Salpointe Catholic High School during his senior season in 2011. A team captain, he earned the squad's Defensive MVP Award after recording six sacks and 10 quarterback hurries. Cummins plans to major in general studies.

Ezekiel Herndon, 5-11, 175, defensive back, Fontana, Calif.;

Herndon earned first-team all-conference honors three times and was an Inland Empire All-Star at Bloomington High School in Fontana, Calif. He set a school record in return yards, totaling more than 2,500 all-purpose yards with six return touchdowns. Offensively, he caught 56 passes for 1,124 yards and 10 touchdowns, and added seven interceptions and 10 pass breakups on the defensive side of the ball. Herndon also has won conference titles in the 100- and 200-meter dashes and is the school-record holder in the 400 meters. An all-academic selection, he plans to major in journalism and mass communication.

Rob Diané, 6-2, 230, defensive end, Plymouth, Minn.;

Diane was a two-time all-conference selection for Ridgewater Community College in Willmar, Minn., who earned all-region recognition in 2011. Over two seasons, Diane tallied 86 total tackles with 26 sacks, four forced fumbles and 17 pass breakups. He played at the prep level at Robbinsdale Cooper High School in the Twin Cities Metro Area, where he earned all-conference recognition. An academic award recipient, Diane intends to continue his studies in nutrition and food science.

Comment

During live chat with Terry V he mentioned a non-verbal recruit may have followed Luke Meadows to FAU. I wonder if it may be this kid?
                    Josh Orsino

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Orsino-124854

Comment

Rob Diané, 6-2, 230, defensive end, Plymouth, Minn.; pronounce I believe by TV Dee-ah-nee

Comment

Congrats to South Dakota State for an incredible job of pulling in talent from across the country on this signing day. I had no idea they had such entrenched footprints in places like California and Arizona. Learned a great deal this past month.

Just wanted to follow up on the Clay twins from Maryland as they signed their LOI to play at Marist today. They never did receive an offer from SDSU which is quite understandable, this is how recruiting works. But the impression SDSU made on the Clay twins upon their official visit goes a long way for people in our part of the world that know nothing about the campus or football in this part of the country. Folks are now talking about the Jacks around here.

I run a non-profit organization that helps high school football athletes in our locality get to college, making sure the process is FREE to all students and parents. Western Maryland, Western PA and the WV panhandle is part of this region…very small towns in a very rural setting from Pittsburgh to Baltimore/DC. I am hoping the coaches keep an open mind to our area in the years that follow. Maybe if we can get a few of the Div 1 level local players all the way up to a summer camp the coaches might see that certain student-athletes would be more than happy to spend 4-5 years playing ball in Brookings.

Thanks for all the hospitality. This is a very pleasurable and informative forum.

Todd Helmick
                        Owner & Operator
                        www.NationalChamps.net

Comment

Originally posted by MDTerp View Post
                          Congrats to South Dakota State for an incredible job of pulling in talent from across the country on this signing day. I had no idea they had such entrenched footprints in places like California and Arizona. Learned a great deal this past month.

Just wanted to follow up on the Clay twins from Maryland as they signed their LOI to play at Marist today. They never did receive an offer from SDSU which is quite understandable, this is how recruiting works. But the impression SDSU made on the Clay twins upon their official visit goes a long way for people in our part of the world that know nothing about the campus or football in this part of the country. Folks are now talking about the Jacks around here.

I run a non-profit organization that helps high school football athletes in our locality get to college, making sure the process is FREE to all students and parents. Western Maryland, Western PA and the WV panhandle is part of this region…very small towns in a very rural setting from Pittsburgh to Baltimore/DC. I am hoping the coaches keep an open mind to our area in the years that follow. Maybe if we can get a few of the Div 1 level local players all the way up to a summer camp the coaches might see that certain student-athletes would be more than happy to spend 4-5 years playing ball in Brookings.

Thanks for all the hospitality. This is a very pleasurable and informative forum.

Todd Helmick
                          Owner & Operator
                          www.NationalChamps.net
                          Thanks for visiting and sharing, it was great hearing their story.

Best of luck to the Clay's in their collegiate experience!

Comment

Looks like the Jacks have picked up another player

S - Justin Templeton, 6'0" 180 lbs, Phoenix, AZ (St. Mary's) http://bit.ly/wnzujP

Actually, scratch that:

It looks like we either stole this recruit from Dakota State or Rivals got confused because the following link shows that this player committed to DSU.

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...5086&Itemid=58

Comment

Caught this up on the Buffalo board.

Bennett Goff is still deciding and he still POTENTIALLY has an offer from the Jacks. Here's his bio: http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/fo...tt-Goff-130815

Senior linebacker Bennett Goff has still yet to make his college decision.

"I did not sign a letter of intent," Goff told BadgerBlitz.com on Feb. 1. "I'm still trying to evaluate where I'm at. I never signed with Drake like some reports said.

"Right now I have offers from Ohio, Wyoming, Air Force, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, North Dakota, Navy, Dartmouth and Illinois State, along with preferred walk-on offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Stanford."…
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                Caught this up on the Buffalo board.

Bennett Goff is still deciding and he still POTENTIALLY has an offer from the Jacks. Here's his bio: http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/fo...tt-Goff-130815

Senior linebacker Bennett Goff has still yet to make his college decision.

"I did not sign a letter of intent," Goff told BadgerBlitz.com on Feb. 1. "I'm still trying to evaluate where I'm at. I never signed with Drake like some reports said.

"Right now I have offers from Ohio, Wyoming, Air Force, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, North Dakota, Navy, Dartmouth and Illinois State, along with preferred walk-on offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Stanford."…
                                Sounds good, we'll take him.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X