X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
    TV just tweeted.
    RB Kyle Paris from Aliso Niguel (Calif.) said that he has given a verbal to SDSU. Named conference offensive co-MVP. Said Army offered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnmQYQCqygc

I just watched his highlight video, and it looks like he will gain over 200 yards a game and make 120 tackles a season. PLAY HIM BOTH WAYS!
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

TV just tweeted.
      RB Kyle Paris from Aliso Niguel (Calif.) said that he has given a verbal to SDSU. Named conference offensive co-MVP. Said Army offered

I noticed that the brown and gold team in his highlights is Connor Landberg's team.....Paris hurdles/breaks Landberg's tackle in one play and then at a play around the 4 min mark he intercepts a bad pass directed at Landberg. Langberg's team won however 35-14 in what looks like a conference game.

Comment

TV just tweeted.

That kid looks good. The thing about California is there are a ton of kids that play football and there are only 3 FCS schools in the state (not counting San Diego, non-scholarship). Glad to see SDSU getting some of these kids.

Go Jacks!!!
        Go State!!!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
          That kid looks good. The thing about California is there are a ton of kids that play football and there are only 3 FCS schools in the state (not counting San Diego, non-scholarship). Glad to see SDSU getting some of these kids.

Go Jacks!!!
          Go State!!!
          He didn't think we were the other sdsu did he?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

What struck me about Paris is his height 6'1" and his ability to stay upright during some of those tackles and hits. Great balance for a RB that tall. He also seems to have really good vision and during his defensive plays you can see his motor and smarts (many times he is reading the line and routes rather than just reacting). I think he will be a versatile addition and short yardage back early and could see his role expand as long as he continues to grow throughout his tenure in Brookings. Anyways I know people say this every year but this is the first time I will say this, 2012 may be the BEST CLASS this state and school has ever seen, all the verbals are solid and lots had FBS interest as small as some of that interest might have been.

Comment

Originally posted by scubasteve View Post
              What struck me about Paris is his height 6'1" and his ability to stay upright during some of those tackles and hits. Great balance for a RB that tall. He also seems to have really good vision and during his defensive plays you can see his motor and smarts (many times he is reading the line and routes rather than just reacting). I think he will be a versatile addition and short yardage back early and could see his role expand as long as he continues to grow throughout his tenure in Brookings. Anyways I know people say this every year but this is the first time I will say this, 2012 may be the BEST CLASS this state and school has ever seen, all the verbals are solid and lots had FBS interest as small as some of that interest might have been.
              Last years class was very good too. Stig has said that that group is a bunch of dudes. Getting a couple of good classes in will turn this program around.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Nebraska & Minnesota walk on programs are taking its toll's on sdsu/ndsu/uni. I dont know what these kids are thinking, if the ncaa reduces 5 schooly's in fbs, these kids will even have more of an outside shot at money down the road.
                It really baffles me because alot of the recruits the xdsu's are getting dont have fbs offers (ndsu has 3, sdsu 1)

Comment

Originally posted by nflbison View Post
                  Nebraska & Minnesota walk on programs are taking its toll's on sdsu/ndsu/uni. I dont know what these kids are thinking, if the ncaa reduces 5 schooly's in fbs, these kids will even have more of an outside shot at money down the road.
                  It really baffles me because alot of the recruits the xdsu's are getting dont have fbs offers (ndsu has 3, sdsu 1)
                  Are you saying that the NDSU has had three kids commit that had FBS offers and the Jacks had one?

If you look at our commit list, we have four kids that had FBS offers. To me that doesn't matter one bit, but according to the sources posted here, its four.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by nflbison View Post
                    For many kids its their dream to play at one of those schools, for others they want to prove that they can do it, but the part that bugs me is the amount of kids who are sold a pile of crap from the coaches, and some of this I think needs to be put on their high school coaches. If you have a player who a Nebraska is recruiting as a walk-on and you know the player and can look at him and say well if you red shirt and play all 5 total years you may see the field on special teams and in blow outs. Tell them that. I think too many high school coaches would rather say "yup, we sent xxxx to Nebraska last year" then to say "yeah, xxxx had one heck of a career at South Dakota St"

Comment

Ever look at an NAIA basketball or football roster? Same thing. Bring in a ton of kids for hoops... play up to 5....the rest on JV or quit and ultimately they lock in quit ball and continue to pay full tuition....At least DIII doesn't disguise - you play there for the love of the game.
                      Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      For many kids its their dream to play at one of those schools, for others they want to prove that they can do it, but the part that bugs me is the amount of kids who are sold a pile of crap from the coaches, and some of this I think needs to be put on their high school coaches. If you have a player who a Nebraska is recruiting as a walk-on and you know the player and can look at him and say well if you red shirt and play all 5 total years you may see the field on special teams and in blow outs. Tell them that. I think too many high school coaches would rather say "yup, we sent xxxx to Nebraska last year" then to say "yeah, xxxx had one heck of a career at South Dakota St"

Comment

i had a nightmare last night that mike shoff decommitted from us and went to kansas.. im glad that isnt true

Comment

It looks like we have 18 commits - does anyone know the exact number of scholarships that are available ? Looking at a game program from last fall,there are 17 seniors listed. Moss wasn't on a FB scholarship,so that reduces it to 16. Was Jason Schlautman on scholarship for his one season here ? I know TOB and Jordan Thomas left the program - any others ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            It looks like we have 18 commits - does anyone know the exact number of scholarships that are available ? Looking at a game program from last fall,there are 17 seniors listed. Moss wasn't on a FB scholarship,so that reduces it to 16. Was Jason Schlautman on scholarship for his one season here ? I know TOB and Jordan Thomas left the program - any others ?
                            Per Terry's blog post today we have 2-3 spots left open.

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...ruiting-update

Comment

Joeboo great minds like us think alike! :P
                              Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

Comment

Jordan Thomas left the program? I must have missed that. Where did he go?
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X