2012 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

The 21 year old smart ass right on cue. I love it, keep it up - keeps the board fresh. Probably more a case of him having some speed than all those DBs being slow.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
      The 21 year old smart ass right on cue. I love it, keep it up - keeps the board fresh. Probably more a case of him having some speed than all those DBs being slow.
      If you're referring to me, I turned 22 last month.

And I was just making the point that saying that 1 DB had an angle on him and didn't get him doesn't prove anything. If you can say that "probably" means one thing more than the other than you are much more intuitive than me.

Now, if the argument was that the kid was constantly behind the coverage and did not get caught from behind so he is probably pretty fast, like someone else in this thread said, I would consider that a very good point.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

According to TV, "Matt Romano, a MLB from Dana Hills, Calif., said that he has given a verbal to SDSU. Had been headed for Humboldt State. All-conf both ways. "

Highlight tape from his junior year:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4b-rnqEMiE

FYI Humboldt State is a DII school.
        Last edited by witness; 01-25-2012, 04:32 PM. Reason: Added highlight tape
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          According to TV, "Matt Romano, a MLB from Dana Hills, Calif., said that he has given a verbal to SDSU. Had been headed for Humboldt State. All-conf both ways. "
          6'4 and 225.. Looks huge in press picture. If he stays in the middle, similar size to another former MLB from the Missouri Valley - Bryce Paup from UNI. He had a nice career with the Bills. I think this is another solid get..

Comment

What is the class size of a typical recruiting year, by my count this puts us at 18 or 19? How many more can we expect?

Comment

Here is Matt Romano's senior year highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/472202/matt-romano

A good illustration on why Coach Stig probably likes this guy is on the 2nd play of highlight video where he is roughly 30 yards away from the ball carrier yet continues to hustle, and because of it, makes the tackle.

Note 1: Romano goes to the same high school that was attended by current Jackrabbit linebacker Trent Mason.

Note 2: Humboldt State, where he originally committed, is also known as the Jacks (Lumberjacks).
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Here is Matt Romano's senior year highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/472202/matt-romano

A good illustration on why Coach Stig probably likes this guy is on the 2nd play of highlight video where he is roughly 30 yards away from the ball carrier yet continues to hustle, and because of it, makes the tackle.

Note 1: Romano goes to the same high school that was attended by current Jackrabbit linebacker Trent Mason.

Note 2: Humboldt State, where he originally committed, is also known as the Jacks (Lumberjacks).
                Nice find on his senior year highlight video. That blocked kick on the first play was pretty darn cool and shows his athletic ability
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                  What is the class size of a typical recruiting year, by my count this puts us at 18 or 19? How many more can we expect?
                  We must be getting close - TV said in last week's chat that he thought there were 6 or seven spots left. And we've had how many commits this week- 4 or 5 ?

Comment

A typical recruiting class size is 18-24, currently we are at 15.

New recruit Matt Romano is from the same high school as last year recruit, Linebacker Trent Mason.
                    Last edited by mitchell; 01-25-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Looks like a very good class so far. The Jacks have lost a few good players (in addition to the QB who lost interest and quit) the past couple of years for health or academic reasons (the LB from Sioux Falls, for example, and the DB from Nebraska). So there are some scholly gaps to fill that go beyond graduating seniors. I'm kind of hoping the twins from Maryland are good enough players to make the cut (don't know if they are). They certainly would help spread the SDSU recruiting footprint.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

TV reports via his twitter account:

OT Nick Carr (6-8, 285) has joined join Totino-Grace teammate Andy Moritko in giving a verbal to SDSU. Said he was offered by UNI, NDSU.
                        We have some rather large individuals in this class.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

According to TV's twitter--OT Nick Carr (6-8, 285) has joined join Totino-Grace teammate Andy Moritko in giving a verbal to SDSU. Said he was offered by UNI, NDSU
                          Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            TV reports via his twitter account:

We have some rather large individuals in this class.
                            I am loving our recruiting class this year. The coaches are stepping up big time. Great footprint of players, CA, AZ, IL, NE, SD, MN, FL, IA - great stuff.

Comment

According to this site Nick Carr had offers from NDSU and UNI so at least we won't have to face him.
                              http://oakdale.patch.com/articles/fo...s-totino-grace

Comment

My thinking... you can never have too many fat guys!
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X