X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Caught this up on the Buffalo board.

Bennett Goff is still deciding and he still POTENTIALLY has an offer from the Jacks. Here's his bio: http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/fo...tt-Goff-130815

Senior linebacker Bennett Goff has still yet to make his college decision.

"I did not sign a letter of intent," Goff told BadgerBlitz.com on Feb. 1. "I'm still trying to evaluate where I'm at. I never signed with Drake like some reports said.

"Right now I have offers from Ohio, Wyoming, Air Force, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, North Dakota, Navy, Dartmouth and Illinois State, along with preferred walk-on offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Stanford."…

He committed to Dartmouth: http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/fo...tt-Goff-130815
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Heard the Jacks picked up Anthony Rose from JUCO. Yay or nay?

Comment

Originally posted by FeistyRedheadAZ View Post
        Heard the Jacks picked up Anthony Rose from JUCO. Yay or nay?
        You might know something I dont. In certain positions we do need extra depth. TV of the Argus usually tells us about these signings.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 03-05-2012, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I know the kid, he went to school and played with JeRyan. He posted on FB that he would be attending SDSU this fall, so I guess its true... @ Marcos he played OLB and Free Safety if memory serves me correctly.

Comment

I know the kid, he went to school and played with JeRyan. He posted on FB that he would be attending SDSU this fall, so I guess its true... @ Marcos he played OLB and Free Safety if memory serves me correctly.
            Thank you for the information, it is much appreciated!

Anthony Rose was a 3 star recruit out of high school according to both Rivals and Scout. Sounds like he committed to Arizona State out of high school but never signed and ended up at Glendale CC instead.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              Thank you for the information, it is much appreciated!

Anthony Rose was a 3 star recruit out of high school according to both Rivals and Scout. Sounds like he committed to Arizona State out of high school but never signed and ended up at Glendale CC instead.
              An article on scout.com mentioned that last summer Northern Arizona offered and he was going there. He only had to take another math class. On the NCAA website he was listed on their roster but I couldn't find anything else as far as last season for him. So I am guessing he didn't play anywhere last season.

Comment

This is good news. Thanks.

Comment

I like the fact that we are establishing a pipeline with what appears to be a pretty good juco school, especially one in Arizona. A quick search of their history shows that Glendale CC wins alot more than they lose. We now have Godley, Peugh, and Rose all from GCC. And of course as Feisty said, he joins JeRyan as our second player from Marcos de Niza, so lets hope this helps us recruit there in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                    An article on scout.com mentioned that last summer Northern Arizona offered and he was going there. He only had to take another math class. On the NCAA website he was listed on their roster but I couldn't find anything else as far as last season for him. So I am guessing he didn't play anywhere last season.
                    He played for GCC.

Comment

Any other late signings that are anticipated in the Cole Brody mode?

Comment

I happened to run into Ty Soulek's mother yesterday and asked her about Ty and his decision to attend UNI on a FB scholarship. She said Ty wanted to go to SDSU but he was never offered. She said there was a lot more interest from Ty in state that vice versa. Luke Meadows was the main one involved in his recruitment and she had the impression that he was not interested. UNI certainly was and they felt he is good enough and has the potential to excel on the O-line. They are looking forward to seeing him compete against the Jackrabbits. Might regret letting an in state kid with a lot of potential sign on with UNI when an offer would have put him in a Jackrabbit uniform.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I happened to run into Ty Soulek's mother yesterday and asked her about Ty and his decision to attend UNI on a FB scholarship. She said Ty wanted to go to SDSU but he was never offered. She said there was a lot more interest from Ty in state that vice versa. Luke Meadows was the main one involved in his recruitment and she had the impression that he was not interested. UNI certainly was and they felt he is good enough and has the potential to excel on the O-line. They are looking forward to seeing him compete against the Jackrabbits. Might regret letting an in state kid with a lot of potential sign on with UNI when an offer would have put him in a Jackrabbit uniform.
                          This does not reflect positively on our SDSU staff. Why would you pass over a Yankton kid, a lot of good players have come from Yankton. They always had a very solid program. Boy oh boy

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            If our peers think they are good enough we probably should too. that really bugs me because if state wants to develop a consistant top program, they are going to need a lot of the best from SD to do it and when they want to go to SDSU that should have been a lock to get him.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It's worth noting Soulek didn't get an offer from SDSU but unless a poster knows all the facts (like, what are our recruiting needs) I don't think it's fair to criticize the coaches for decisions made about how to allocate scarce resources.

Comment

All good points. I think State did pretty well though with Lansman, Carr, and especially Shoff.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X