New Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Stadium

My guess is a PSL for suites/boxes is a given. However, that might serve to suck some of the corporate money out of the "good" seats in the grandstand, so that they're accessible by just-plain-fans with sufficient Jackrabbit Club point accumulations.

(My hope is that, down the road, the Frost Arena seating upgrades serve a similar purpose . . . not that I particularly mind my seats that I currently have in Section B . . .)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I still like how Utah State's stadium looks. I hope the new stadium can eventually resemble something like what Utah State has. Here are some pictures from this blog I ran across: http://collegefootballnation.squarespace.com/

Comment

I quick update from President Chicoine about the stadium/ field house. New link courtesy of Brookings Radio.

http://www.brookingsradio.com/SDSU-h...-2017/13118054
        We...ARE...STATE!
        SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
          I quick update from President Chicoine about the stadium/ field house. New link courtesy of Brookings Radio.

http://www.brookingsradio.com/SDSU-h...-2017/13118054
          I read in TV's blog that AD Sell wants to see season ticket sales at 8,000 or better as we move into the new stadium. Didn't say moving forward would be contingent on that but I think he was inferring something close.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I read in TV's blog that AD Sell wants to see season ticket sales at 8,000 or better as we move into the new stadium. Didn't say moving forward would be contingent on that but I think he was inferring something close.
            AD Sell has his work cut out for him and its great that he sets goals or are the goal set for him? I guess the prez and AD frequently discuss these things.

I am beginning to be a little more optimistic about this time around in terms of a fund drive for a new staduim. Staduim for State was a disaster and the first real attempt to take on a project this size. The SDSU community has come a long ways from those days.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Assuming your summary quote is accurate, he said 8000 or better as we move into a new stadium. Not 8000 or better before we start construction. There should be a very healthy bump, maybe even doubling of season tickets the first year in the new stadium. IMO, if we could get to 4000 season tickets prior to construction beginning, it would be a VERY positive sign.

It will be very, very difficult if not impossible to get to 8000 in the existing stadium.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

This needs to be done. And it will be done.

Patience as in all things, is a virtue.

I gotta feeling the team coach stig will be putting on the field the next few years will improve the amount of donor money.

No reason to think that, other than the feeling I get from this team, the players, the coaches, the program.

Comment

State is a well managed institution in all areas. The result of that has been consistent year to year growth of the institution and resources. With the current administration that will continue both in academics (the reason State exisits) and athletics. 8000 season tickets may not be attainable in Coughlin with current configuration but it will be attainable with the new stadium.

And Nidaros, this won't be a short change operation like the Stadium for State.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                    State is a well managed institution in all areas. The result of that has been consistent year to year growth of the institution and resources. With the current administration that will continue both in academics (the reason State exisits) and athletics. 8000 season tickets may not be attainable in Coughlin with current configuration but it will be attainable with the new stadium.

And Nidaros, this won't be a short change operation like the Stadium for State.
                    Where you around when Staduim for State took place? I was and so many things that I recall. Despite President Briggs visiting every alumni group in existence at the time and telling them why the new facility (CAS) was needed, by in large the support was not there in the amount needed to build the full staduim and that amount was a little over $600,000. Three times they had the Student Association vote on a special assessment to help pay for the project and all three failed. At that time corporate sponsors were unheard of. There was no SDSU Foundation to speak of except for a few file folders in David Donor's desk in the Admin building. Also they may have approached the alums wrong, in that they insisted a 5 year commitment in gifts, and they turned down all small gifts of 5 and 10 bucks which would roughly be like a 20 to 50 dollar gift today. A number of things went wrong. That's why we have bisonville bitching about the yellow bleachers on the east side. This drive was the first of any size asking the alumni for money and it was a new approach to a number of people involved and mistakes were made.

I still am leary about how some people feel about building a facility that is used maybe 5 to 8 times a year and how does it fit into academics, but with increasing attendence for each home game, there is hope for a much different attitude this time around.

Most of us on this board know and understand the need, but out there are many people who question how bad a football staduim is needed in view of other needs.

I agree our current adminstration is doing a bang up job, and times are different and working with corporate sponsors and generous alums, the goal is attainable.

I have started an acorn endowment for capital projects for athletics. I have gifted about 50 per cent of the required $10,000
                    required to fund any endowment. Giving only 25, 50 and 100 per month through electronic transferr it builds slowly.
                    I believe the SDSU Foundation has raised the ante on endowments to a higher amount, but 10k was minimum gift to establish a endowment when I made this agreement a while back.

Would I have a problem with this small amount of money or the income earned from it being used for the football staduim? No, because it was started based on my recollections of Stadium for State which are not good recollections. VJ and Amy Dunkles recollection of this subject is indeed very accurate in College on The Hill. To the younger posters on this board, this would be helpful reading and should give some appreciation for why CAS is what it is today.

One last thing, President Chicoine stated the new staduim is to be completed by 2017. Its a target or benchmark that he is shooting for, and you have to do these things to keep the project in motion. With Staduim for State and College on Hill,the source, the plans for CAS to open where 1959, and they were to host Kansas State of the B-12. The fund raising started about 1957. That did not happen, opening for CAS was 1962 and a lesser opponent Arkansas State. So its up to us to keep this project on schedule. $$$$ give if you have it.Otherwise it could be a short change project once again.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-19-2012, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      This needs to be done. And it will be done.

Patience as in all things, is a virtue.

I gotta feeling the team coach stig will be putting on the field the next few years will improve the amount of donor money.

No reason to think that, other than the feeling I get from this team, the players, the coaches, the program.
                      As I've written before, I get the feeling from the AD that Stig either does this or will have issues with his bosses. Do you really think Meadows left on his own? This is another area where I wish there was an investigative reporter checking this out. Anyway - I do have faith in Stig. From what I hear, he has defineately upgraded the staff. I am hoping it translates onto the field. For sure Stig has upgraded the O-line coach and the Offensive coordinator. W's will translate to attendance increases. It would be great to pass up the Bison. National championship along with a new stadium will be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                        As I've written before, I get the feeling from the AD that Stig either does this or will have issues with his bosses. Do you really think Meadows left on his own? This is another area where I wish there was an investigative reporter checking this out. Anyway - I do have faith in Stig. From what I hear, he has defineately upgraded the staff. I am hoping it translates onto the field. For sure Stig has upgraded the O-line coach and the Offensive coordinator. W's will translate to attendance increases. It would be great to pass up the Bison. National championship along with a new stadium will be nice.
                        So when our o-cord and line coach was in charge of record setting Qbs and Rbs and sending lineman to nfl camps? Meadows didnt have anything to do with that? I think meadows was trying to change what he could but it back fired and hurt the program. Brining in a new guy can help but maybe it doesnt work out either with him. Hopefully the main issues with this team is that finally they have a QB who is all in. If the players on the field are into it, the coaches will be just fine and we will get back to winning like we should be.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                          Yeah I do think Meadows left on his own, and until you can find me an employee in the athletic department who says other wise I will continue to believe he did so.

Now thats not to say, Stig advised him to leave, or he saw the writing on the wall that if he had another struggling year he was gone, but he left on his own. They would have made the move much earlier if it was a firing.

Now at the same time I will agree with you that I think the new staff is better, and in better places.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            So when our o-cord and line coach was in charge of record setting Qbs and Rbs and sending lineman to nfl camps? Meadows didnt have anything to do with that? I think meadows was trying to change what he could but it back fired and hurt the program. Brining in a new guy can help but maybe it doesnt work out either with him. Hopefully the main issues with this team is that finally they have a QB who is all in. If the players on the field are into it, the coaches will be just fine and we will get back to winning like we should be.
                            I wish that was the main issue. Unfortunately, last year our defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. We got crushed up front and could not stop the run. The ground game was embarrassing on both sides of the ball. That has to change or we're in for a world of hurt. However, it sounds like we will be pitching it around the yard quite a bit this year. Maybe we can make it work, but the run defense must be better.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

In Terry's blog this morning, he mentioned the AD is not ready to announce the lead donor gift for the Human Performance Center at this point. Any speculation on who the gift is coming from? Any real insight?
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                In Terry's blog this morning, he mentioned the AD is not ready to announce the lead donor gift for the Human Performance Center at this point. Any speculation on who the gift is coming from? Any real insight?
                                It's hard to say what is going on. With major gifts and donors, you do have to be careful. I flipped over to the Argus site and read TV's blog. They have to have their ducks in a row by Oct 9-10, the dates of the BOR meeting and seeking approval. If we do not know any more by then, as TV says it would appear that some major gifts have fallen through and will not happen. So its a touch and go.

Comment

Working...
                                X