Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT Delaware BlueHens

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I think we got a real blue collar running back in Winnett. My opinion is not changed by Blue key. What a mouthy moron.
    Seems to be the lakesbison of the Delaware fanbase. Posting the same drivel on AGS.

Comment

Originally posted by State Line Liquors View Post
      Hopefully the Criscraft had the wood he desired.
      Would that I had the time/energy/money for an old wood Chris Craft...

Always thought the mahogany Connie's were something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        I pin half this loss on the SDSU athletic administration
        Look in the mirror when you say that.

The admin works with the budget they have. They can't afford 8 home games (a la Delaware), they can't afford to skip a BCS payday game. And that's on the fanbase as a whole.

You want a tune-up game, donate more.

Not meaning to be snippy, but it's not like the administration is sitting on a big fat pile of cash and *refusing* to schedule a tune-up.

Comment

Team loss, the way I see it.

Yeah, scheduling in retrospect . . . week one cupcake and a mid-season bye would probably have been better scheduling. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Coaches obviously did not prepare the players well enough.

Players obviously were not ready to play from the beginning of the game.

Enough blame for everyone to go around.

Team loss.

Suck it up, learn what you did wrong, and correct the things you can correct for next week.

On September 11th, having your college lose a football game is not by any means the worst thing that could happen to any of us.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I pin half this loss on the SDSU athletic administration This team needed a tune-up home game last week, regardless of the opponent, not a bye. An end-of-the-season home game against UND will be meaningless. The coaching staff and players can share the rest of the blame for a flat performance. The Jacks have endured worse early season losses and bounced back nicely. But this one had a lot of advance hype, so the game was especially disappointing. Had the Jacks not blown a couple of TD opportunities, the score would have at least looked better. But the Jacks never seemed to be in it. There's penty of room and time for improvement for next Saturday. I hope.
            That one person would be Rob Pederson, who has forgotten more about the ins and outs of scheduling that you and I can possibly learn in lifetime. I feel Rob has done his best in trying to juggle out an schedule that will maximize the big FBS payouts and still fill the CAS every home game. Its a tough job. Rob was sitting in a the Difference Makers meeting last week, he did not seem to be smirking about the tough schedule and the possiblity of a loss today. He seem to think like nearly everyone there at the meeting, we had a good chance to win this game and we did, but we did not. A pun intended but we laid a Delaware egg today.

Comment

I think I've recovered...and the headache has gone away.
              1) It's Payton Watch...not he got it! There are plenty of people on a list. No, I don't think Minnett has been shopping for a trophy case. He is a hard charger. That OL was our greatest fear going into the season....well, guess they have some work to do. No holes mean no runs.
              2) The DL needs some fire.
              3) Mike Lien was a stud today, that's good because I was worried after Jimmy left a little bit.
              4) Conrad and the General will be back and that will strengthen some things up
              5) Bo Helm showed he wants to be a player
              6) I blame no scheduling, no administration, no anything...it's one game. I'm not pinning anything on anything. It was a first game with sloppy tackling
              7) Yes we need to up our donations and fundraising from our fanbase...but is that really fair to all the other MVC schools who outspend us nearly 5 to 1 in dollars? How would they ever win a game against us again?
              8) This is not the "Game that shall not be named", this was Delaware! A bit of a difference so everybody get your mouths off the exhaust pipe, cause this team is still going to the playoffs dammit!!!!!
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

1. I'm guessing Stig has some input in the scheduling and isn't just handed a schedule and wished good luck.
                2. If you're going to be the best you better beat the best.
                3. Quit whining. It's one loss. Season's not over. Optimistically this team has 2 L's at the end of the year. Will it happen, won't know until there's a 3rd L in the record books.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  tjbison got it right the first time, a real east coast D**k. That you are bluekey.
                  Sorry guys but facts are facts, Who had more rushing yards today A. Pierce or the really slow bunny??? Why are you guys so immune to the facts??? I watched Minett get no more than 6 yards for any carry.

If you are saying this makes him a really good MVC back then I will take your word for it.

But today 2 Delaware backs, who are not even metioned for the Payton ballot, out perfomed the legendary JackRabbit back on statistics alone.

Why is it the Midwest folks refuse to deal with facts and reality?

Delaware did a smackdown on USDSU.

Your Payton Candidate was AWOL.

Yet the MidWest folks want to condemn me for telling the truth???

I have found this to be typical of Midwest Boards. Condemn anyone for telling the truth.

Comment

You are not professing the truth, you are being an a$$.

You have based our program and our top running back off of one game. Great assessment.

The only truths in your statement that Delaware handed it to us all game long and that your two running backs out performed ours.

You base our program off one game that we performed badly. You base your opinion of our running back after one sub-par game. Just because we don't have the rich tradition that you have at the FCS level does not mean that we or Minette are overrated. Why don't you come back and make the same assumptions after watching a couple more game.

Comment

Originally posted by blukeys View Post

Yet the MidWest folks want to condemn me for telling the truth???

I have found this to be typical of Midwest Boards. Condemn anyone for telling the truth.
                      I have found that guys who go to opposing fan boards to gloat and crow after a game are douchebags.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by State Line Liquors View Post
                        Just wanted to say that it'd been a pleasure speaking with you all over the last week. Best of luck for the remainder of the year. I'll be rooting for you along the road. I'm sure it's a bitter pill, but you folks had a few very nice die hards that made the trip. You've made a fan out of this Blue Hen Fan.

Safe trip home to everyone.

Just wanted to say the same to all you SDSU Fans. It was really nice to post in here, and watch all of the talk in here. And any Delaware FAN that says they thought that this is how the game was going to be played out is lying, and kidding everyone in here. I was at the game, and was impressed to see some of your fans there. Nice talking to you, and Good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hen CAA Rules View Post
                          Just wanted to say the same to all you SDSU Fans. It was really nice to post in here, and watch all of the talk in here. And any Delaware FAN that says they thought that this is how the game was going to be played out is lying, and kidding everyone in here. I was at the game, and was impressed to see some of your fans there. Nice talking to you, and Good luck the rest of the season.
                          Thanks. You have some classy fans amongst you too. I would have like to make the trip out there.

Comment

This comparison between players of opposite teams is always a crap shoot. The UD running backs looked good, but how would they have looked running behind the Jacks O-Line today? I know Minnett would have looked like the stud he is running behind the Blue Hens O-Line today. Plain and simple facts are that the UD O-Line played well.

The Jacks O-Line had many different combinations today, and hopefully Coach Meadows can use this tape to find our best 5 lineman and let them get some timing and consistency.

Comment

2 great programs, 2 great fanbases, real tough first game situation for the Jack Rabbits. UD's tune-up with West Chester was big for Hens. SDSU will bounce back, who knows, you might be making another trip to Delaware this November.

I enjoyed your board, and Good Luck rest of the year.

Comment

I only watched the first half and listened to the beginning of the second on the way to work, so keep that in mind.

- O-Line looked bad. I don't think Minette is that great of a back. Don't get me wrong, he is very solid, but he doesn't possess the skills to make up for poor O-Line play (very few runningbacks do though, I guess).

- Play calling. Ugggggggggggh.

- TOB. I think he will be fine. He is a very talented player, and he looked better after the 1st quarter. But man was that 1st quarter brutal.

- I'm not too optimistic about the rest of the season. I'm sure we'll win most of the home games, but it will be a tough road to make the playoffs. I'm not betting on it, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X