• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT Delaware BlueHens

maybe this explains how we played today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgAollNMEKQ

Comment

I'd planned to listen to the game while my wife and I were out on the boat... turns out she had a bunch of work to do online, so we decided to stay home and I watched the UD feed. Kinda glad I did.

What I thought about SDSU:

Your QB is a keeper. He's a young kid, and was jittery, but he'll be a good one... better days ahead.

I think your running game suffered a bit with OL replacements.

Hard to get a read on your RB with some issues on the OL. He really didn't have much help out there.

You probably would have played a whole lot better with a cupcake opener before traveling East. Not the best of scheduling.

I don't want to see you in the playoffs.

What I thought about UD:

OL really has improved. They made some holes. I figured if we could run 4-5 yards a pop the game wouldn't be that close. I think we managed around six.

Pierce has a bright future.

Devlin did a good job, as anticipated.... but the game was really about getting the rushing game on track. We did.

Our DB's played soft with a lead. I can't imagine Nebraska giving you 200+ passing. I might have to eat some crow later in the season.

I have to see our DL against an older, more experienced OL before I can draw any conclusions. Unfortunately, we'll see 'em.

Best of luck with the rest of the season. Glad nobody got hurt. You'll have success. Hope we don't see you again.
      Last edited by Oldhen; 09-11-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blukeys View Post
        Duuhh Yes!

For my money Minnet is grossly overrated and the 2 Delaware Backs who outgained him, Pierce and Hayes are better. Every time I see an over hyped Midwest Payton Candidate I come away less than impressed by Midwest folks. Do you guys ever actually look at what the CAA produces???

I guess not.

I recall the vastly overratted UNI QB who came in second in 2007 for Payton Voting. This guy could not carry the jock strap of Joe Flacco.
        Where is he now???

Such is the way of the Midwest Homers.

O'Brien would not start on any CAA South Team and Minnet is way to slow to start anywhere in the CAA South. He could get a slot at Rhode Island.
        Delaware dominated on both sides of the ball as they have done with every MVC team forever.

Delaware's record against the smash mouth Midwest teams is now 13-1.
        I'm not going to argue other than to suggest that it's tough for Kyle Minett to show what he can do when we don't block anybody.

Delaware is very good. The CAA is undoubtedly the best conference in the FCS, and it might not be that close.

But we didn't show what we can do today. We looked like a team that hasn't played yet playing on the road against a very good CAA team. SDSU always gets better and better as the year goes on.

Congrats to Delaware. I would be shocked if the Blue Hens aren't a playoff team this year.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldhen View Post
          I'd planned to listen to the game while my wife and I were out on the boat... turns out she had a bunch of work to do online, so we decided to stay home and I watched the UD feed. Kinda gald I did.

Your QB is a keeper. He's a young kid, and was jittery, but he'll be a god one... better days ahead.

Hard to get a read on your RB with some issues on the OL. He really didn't have much help out there.

You probably would have played a whole lot better with a cupcake opener before traveling East. Not the best of scheduling.

Thanks, Oldhen. Delaware looked great today. That freshman RB is something special and we looked confused out there. We have a history of poor starts.

I absolutely agree about the scheduling. Traveling across the country to play a tough CAA team to open the season seems kind of strange to me.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Duuhh Yes!

For my money Minnet is grossly overrated and the 2 Delaware Backs who outgained him, Pierce and Hayes are better. Every time I see an over hyped Midwest Payton Candidate I come away less than impressed by Midwest folks. Do you guys ever actually look at what the CAA produces???

I guess not.

I recall the vastly overratted UNI QB who came in second in 2007 for Payton Voting. This guy could not carry the jock strap of Joe Flacco.
            Where is he now???

Such is the way of the Midwest Homers.

O'Brien would not start on any CAA South Team and Minnet is way to slow to start anywhere in the CAA South. He could get a slot at Rhode Island.
            Delaware dominated on both sides of the ball as they have done with every MVC team forever.

Delaware's record against the smash mouth Midwest teams is now 13-1.

Wow, your a real treat we may be midwest homers, but at least were not East coast D***S

Sorry Filbert
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Oldhen View Post
              I'd planned to listen to the game while my wife and I were out on the boat... turns out she had a bunch of work to do online, so we decided to stay home and I watched the UD feed. Kinda glad I did.

Your QB is a keeper. He's a young kid, and was jittery, but he'll be a god one... better days ahead.

What I thought about UD:

OL really has improved. They made some holes. I figured if we could run 4-5 yards a pop the game wouldn't be that close. I think we managed around six.

Pierce has a bright future.

Devlin did a good job, as anticipated.... but the game was really about getting the rushing game on track. We did.

Our DB's played soft with a lead. I can't imagine Nebraska giving you 200+ passing. I might have to eat some crow later in the season.

I have to see our DL against an older, more experienced OL before I can draw any conclusions. Unfortunately, we'll see 'em.

Best of luck with the rest of the season. Glad nobody got hurt. You'll have success. Hope we don't see you again.

HOT AIR. Thanks for stopping by for the fun. Hopefully the Criscraft had the wood he desired.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                Wow, your a real treat we may be midwest homers, but at least were not East coast D***S

Sorry Filbert
                I think Filbert would have OK'd that message. It's gonna take some time for this OL to gell together. We lost good pieces to the line last year and it's not going to be perfect the first game out. Once the OL gets it going, the offense will be fine.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Just wanted to say that it'd been a pleasure speaking with you all over the last week. Best of luck for the remainder of the year. I'll be rooting for you along the road. I'm sure it's a bitter pill, but you folks had a few very nice die hards that made the trip. You've made a fan out of this Blue Hen Fan.

Safe trip home to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    Best not to say too much after just one game.......
                    Oddly enough I AGREE. If an overrated back from Colgate can win the Payton Award than anyone can.

This despite the fact that the Delaware Back from 2003 was ten times better than the Colgate Back.

The SDSU Payton back would not be a starter anywhere in the CAA South. This is a fact. Is he a tough kid??? Yes. Is he the best in the FCS????

Today he was not even the third best back on the field!!!!!

He fits well in the MVC.

He would not be a starter in the CAA. Sorry, I watched him in person.

Comment

Oddly enough I AGREE. If an overrated back from Colgate can win the Payton Award than anyone can.

This despite the fact that the Delaware Back from 2003 was ten times better than the Colgate Back.

The SDSU Payton back would not be a starter anywhere in the CAA South. This is a fact. Is he a tough kid??? Yes. Is he the best in the FCS????

He fits well in the MVC.

You guys are really fixated on the Payton, huh. I doubt that Kyle Minett has given it a second thought, ever in his life.

And maybe if you had seen Minett play with a settled, experienced offensive line in front of him, you might think differently. Generally I would say it is unwise to make such a sweeping judgment about any player based on one game, even if I "watched him in person."
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I pin half this loss on the SDSU athletic administration This team needed a tune-up home game last week, regardless of the opponent, not a bye. An end-of-the-season home game against UND will be meaningless. The coaching staff and players can share the rest of the blame for a flat performance. The Jacks have endured worse early season losses and bounced back nicely. But this one had a lot of advance hype, so the game was especially disappointing. Had the Jacks not blown a couple of TD opportunities, the score would have at least looked better. But the Jacks never seemed to be in it. There's penty of room and time for improvement for next Saturday. I hope.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

He fits well in the MVC.

tjbison got it right the first time, a real east coast D**k. That you are bluekey.

Comment

He fits well in the MVC.

You have watched him once and you come up with this deduction? Wow. That is a pretty long stretch there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              I pin half this loss on the SDSU athletic administration This team needed a tune-up home game last week, regardless of the opponent, not a bye. An end-of-the-season home game against UND will be meaningless. The coaching staff and players can share the rest of the blame for a flat performance. The Jacks have endured worse early season losses and bounced back nicely. But this one had a lot of advance hype, so the game was especially disappointing. Had the Jacks not blown a couple of TD opportunities, the score would have at least looked better. But the Jacks never seemed to be in it. There's penty of room and time for improvement for next Saturday. I hope.
                              While I agree completely, you also have to remember that the administration did try pretty hard to find a home opponent for last week. Unfortunately, we just can't afford to buy an easy home FCS game with a Wagner or Austin Peay like some schools can.

But again, it's not the end of the world. If we can take care of business at home (5 wins), beat Indiana State on the road (6 wins) and take 1 of 3 of those tough road games (SIU, NDSU, UNI) we're at 7 wins and probably back in the playoffs.

It's definitely do-able.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think we got a real blue collar running back in Winnett. My opinion is not changed by Blue key. What a mouthy moron.

Comment

Working...
                                X